A month after launch - what have we learned?

Jonah

how does he win with 5 possessed doing melee and no frags ?

Hardly everything sits in cover, at least not at my gameclub.

Why not? Am I missing something? My plague marines love cover- keeps those silly tyranids and orks at bay and gives me some protection from artillery.

We have alot of cover at my gameclub, and it's all lovingly crafted and painted, but we don't swarm the battlefield with it.

I think you missunderstood my meaning: I didn't mean that we don't put stuff in cover because we choose not to put it in cover - I ment that there's usually not so much cover in each deployment zone to put your entire army in it.

The lack of grenades worried me till I found out you can either charge from the side of cover, charge in support of standard marines or charge into an ongoing combat.

None grenade assault units should never go past five they beat for saving a losing unit or to counter chargeing.

My mates gun line is saved often by a possessed squad saving his lord

Got to play with my possessed on Friday - they were great. Loads of attacks, and while they died just as easily as any of the other marines in my army, they killed a zoanthrope, two units of termagants and the Tervigon that made them. I was mostly just happy I got to assault that game at all.

Pretty happy with that unit in that particular game - plus they were frightening so they got shot at rather than my actual troops unit that was supporting them on that side of the board. Looking forward to using them next weekend.

Got to play with my possessed on Friday - they were great. Loads of attacks, and while they died just as easily as any of the other marines in my army, they killed a zoanthrope, two units of termagants and the Tervigon that made them. I was mostly just happy I got to assault that game at all.

Pretty happy with that unit in that particular game - plus they were frightening so they got shot at rather than my actual troops unit that was supporting them on that side of the board. Looking forward to using them next weekend.

Was this your unit of 5 possessed?? Because I was really wondering how they would fare :tu:

Its not really that difficult if you give them the Mark of Khorne and Icon of Wrath, if you think about it. With the furious charge rule, they have all str. 6 attack that have a 1/3 chance of rerolling failed wounds. Can basically turn most monstrous creatures into Swiss cheese. Even without Khorne Upgrades, they can still potentially do it.

Yeah but Possessed are supposed to be overpriced, crappy units because of the lack of grenades. To do so much would mean that someone miscalculated. And that just wouldn't be right. :)

To be fair, they still are.

Finding one niche use for them won't win you battles. OK, you can deck them out and hope you face Tervigons, and then you meet... Guard Blob? Grey Hunter spam? MSU GK? Tzeentch Daemon-bomb? Cron Air? And they're back to useless again.

Every unit in the book have niche uses. That does not make every unit in the book a good unit.

I've run Possessed afew times (With MoS+Icon) this edition, and while they indeed are overpriced, they're still a very dangerous unit, and they've not let me down...yet.

A Landraider is not mandatory, but it helps getting the most out of them.

I've learned that Mutilators are as horrible and sucky as I suspected that they would be.

Archived