Xenith

Unsure what you were expecting from "Xenith's Chaos Plog:wink:

Looks great. You might consider doing the runes on the bolter in a colour other than yellow.

Thanks! They're actually fire dragon bright to match the eye lenses and gem - but they seem yellow under the light. I can probably go back and brighten them up. 

I really like that Thousand Son, the use of Wolf parts actually works very well, Tzeentch must be pleased with the irony!

Thanks, it pleases Tzeentch and my Sorcerer Lord greatly!

Now, updates!

I painted these spawn a while ago. I didnt want to spend too long on them, so theyre entirely GW shades over a corax white basecoat, with a little blood for the blood god thrown in.

Bluurrry, sorry

gallery_58096_7835_782517.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_500017.jpg

Straight reikland fleshshade over white. The horns were built up with successive glazes of hormagaunt purple

gallery_58096_7835_814761.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_346665.jpg

Tzaangors!

I've had them for ages and never got round to them as I was scared of the detail, then I had en epiphany, and ignored the detail. These were done super quick with just washes over white. Multiple coats of the cassandora yellow shade, and then even more (10+) to build upthe orange on the horns.

gallery_58096_7835_510500.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_76417.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_529172.jpg

The snakefishbannertopper is coelia greenshade over white, the banner very thinned down drakenhof over white, then repainted white

gallery_58096_7835_445082.jpg

Axegoats

gallery_58096_7835_11753.jpg

Swordsgoats

gallery_58096_7835_799376.jpg

I also picked up a maulerfiend, which I've been after for ages. The kit is a blast to put together, and I had fun putting the arms in all the wrong sockets. I'll definitely be getting at least one more! Currently undercoated leadbelcher to go withthe silver sons

gallery_58096_7835_441032.jpg

The Tzeentch Rune is a press mould of the Thousand Sons Rhino doors.

gallery_58096_7835_948174.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice colours on the Goats, I'm impressed with the quality of the press mould at that size, I find the detail rapidly drops off with size.

I've never had an issue wit those rapid mould sticks - That said the small mark of tzeetch didn't come out perfectly on the mould of the other door. Check out my Iron Warriors vindicators to see moulds of IW skull heads from doors.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finished off the maulerfiend - Compared to the Previous TS test model I went with Kantor Blue over Macragge. I'm not sure I like it. Too...night lordy.

gallery_58096_7835_957014.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_229475.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_994613.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_1041433.jpg

I aso got to work on a conversion that has been brewing in my mind for several years, based on the old, old Tzeentch champion models:

gallery_58096_7835_36988.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_207103.jpg

It looks weird and wrong, but hey, Tzeentch!

Thanks for looking!

If anyone is interested, the recipe for the maulerfiend is:

Undercoat chaos black

leadbelcher spray basecoat

Armour:

Wash plates and trims with 50/50 drakenhof nightshade and lahmian medium. Leave to dry.

fill in plates with kantor blue

50/50 drakenhof to lahmian recess shade around trim

Skin:

Bugmans glow basecoat

reikland fleshshade wash all over

bugmans glow highlight. 

Base:

Stirland Battlemire all over

agrax earthshade wash

successively lighter drybrushes of:

• mournfang brown
  • XV-88
  • Karak Stone

• 2 weeks later...

So work has progressed on my Thousand Son Kill team

I've painted one Rubric with the leadbelcher trim and Kantor blue armour to see how it looked on a normal marine. This time I id all the base colours then washed the entire model with 50/50 drakenhof to lahmian, and I have to say I reallly liked the effect. The shade wash really brought the kind of flat kantor blue to life. 

I've done another experiment replicating this on the armour panels on the maulerfiend, and also tried with guilliman blue glaze, will post pics tonight perhaps. 

As it is, I prefer the deep blue of  the kantor + drakenhof over the lighter macragge blue.

So I've pretty much finished the second member of the kill team, this time with a Kantor Blue basecoat rather than Macragge. I didnt like it initially, but after a blue wash, the colour looked less flat and I like the deep blue - like 3.5ed thousand sons.

gallery_58096_7835_578007.jpg

Here he is with his brother:

gallery_58096_7835_781817.jpg

And the Sorcerer

gallery_58096_7835_995240.jpg

Thanks for looking!

They look very cool, I really like the alternate colours you have chosen for your Rubrics and your Tzaangors. A very different look about them but one that works extremely well. The conversion on the sorcerer is a great idea and well executed too. It makes me think he's just cast Warptime to get out of a sticky situation.

Great job, I will follow with interest :)

Nemac

Great work, love the conversion of the sorceror!

They look very cool, I really like the alternate colours you have chosen for your Rubrics and your Tzaangors. A very different look about them but one that works extremely well. The conversion on the sorcerer is a great idea and well executed too. It makes me think he's just cast Warptime to get out of a sticky situation.

Great job, I will follow with interest :smile.:

Nemac

Looking great. Is that a Flamer bottom on the sorcerer?

Thanks all! The Sorcerer is a kind of homage to the old school Champion of Tzeentch that you see third row down in the middle there.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1993uscfb/c1993uscfbp0051-140122-01.jpg

Its the pyrocaster body sliced off at the abs, then a sorcerer torso glued on top. That simple! A few of tghe extra tentacles go to make the join more natural.

Some armour plates like the above might have worked, but for now I'm sticking with it. It's odd to look at. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorceror done!

gallery_58096_7835_1787219.jpg

I basecoated his armour with macragge blue, but then went back over it with drakenhof to bring it down like the last rubric. I dont currently have the right colour to highlight, but that can be this week's challenge.

3/5 kill team members done!

• 3 months later...

As a distraction from my Blood Angels I've been playing around with some of the easy to build Death Guard, but in the colours of my Iron Warriors, in the same manner as the Blight Hauler:

gallery_58096_7752_503365.jpg

gallery_58096_7752_69590.jpg

I've done some work to remove the gunk from them, but it's pretty tricky. I really want that left shoulderpad clean and clear for the legion icon. Coral protrusions on the shoulders/back are ok, as this echoes the trophy racks of the original chaos terminators.

Cool to see some Nurgly Iron Warriors - will you play them with Death Guard rules or houserules (so basically DG Codex with Iron Warriors traits?)?

Cool to see some Nurgly Iron Warriors - will you play them with Death Guard rules or houserules (so basically DG Codex with Iron Warriors traits?)?

They'd be used as Death guard standalone, or as plague marines in an codex CSM army - I'm more a tzeentch person, so unlikely these will ever see the table, but they're fun to paint!

• 3 weeks later...

So I picked up a copy of Shadowspear yesterday and am super excited to get some painte (despite the DG and TS backlog...), but I don't know whether to paint them as my standard Iron Warriors, or another Legion. I've had the IW on the go for over 15 years, and would love to add to them, however I love the idea of having a small force from each legion...

What are you all doing? Adding the new chaos to an existing force, or starting a new warband?

I never saw them before but I love your Rubricks dude! Such an excellent scheme that makes them obviously IW!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I was unsure if the TS were tied visually enough to the IW, or if I should do them more like the DG, with gunmetal armour. 

I would say that the heavier stuff from Shadowspear would look great in IW colours. Imagine Spidey with chevrons- yummy! Same with Obliterators.

It's a shame the TS cannot take the spider thing, otherwise it would go with them - as it stands, I think I'll convert the Master of possessions to be a TS Sorcerer (floaty), then make another from spare bits. Basic marines have to be IW, I think. I have to give the champion a combi plasma.  

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_58096_7835_578007.jpg

Hi all, I could do with some feedback on this scheme - does it need highlighting? The surface is kind of glossy with Guilliman blue over kantor, and it's kind of dark and imposing.

Honest opinions on it, does it look ok, or do I need to highlight?

Can add more pics later tonight.

Cheers!

Xen