which god mutates most?

MaliGn

I'm going to risk answering my own question here but the worship of which god mutates most? I'd suggest that the worship of undivided offers the typical horns, fangs, armour melded to flesh and so on but each god has specific traits, reflected in their iconography and backgrounds. I'd say that nurgle offers the most physical mutation, then tzeentch if not curbed by sorcery a la thousand sons, followed by slaanesh with khorne bringing up the rear. What are your thoughts?

iam pretty sure tzeentch is the one who favours mutations the most in the fluff... the reason we dont see much of it in 40k i guess is becouse of the rubric, which was made to ward them off (and succeeded)

but yeah, tzeentch... he IS the great changer, afterall

iam pretty sure tzeentch is the one who favours mutations the most in the fluff... the reason we dont see much of it in 40k i guess is becouse of the rubric, which was made to ward them off (and succeeded)

This ^

Tzeentch is the god of Magic & change. He loves change so much is form is never constant & even if he were to archieve his aim of mastery over everything he'd still work to change it!

I'd put him in the biggest fan of mutation, whether or not said mutation is effective or not is another matter entirely!

Nurgle's mutations aren't really mutations per se. It's more like he freezes in time the fact that his followers are alive while their bodies continue to be ravaged by whatever diseases they pick up along the way. Obviously I am not saying they are immortal.

No, the Death Guard are mutants. It refers to them as such in the Flight of the Eisenstein.

To Garro's point of view, anything and everything that isn't homo sapien is a mutant.

And I didn't say that it wasn't a mutation. I said technically(that is what "per se" means right?) it is more like the fact that the person is living has been locked into time and the disease just ravages their body. Zombies are considered mutants. A man who has a bloated beer gut with intestines running out would be considered a mutant. Even though it could simply be that their existence has been locked into "Living" until someone actually kills them. Think Captain Jack Harkness, but neutered and that someone can kill them.

My notion of Nurgle mutations are more that they are a byproduct of the gifts that Nurgle gives them, in that he likes to dose them up with diseases and they are immune to them. I never got the impression he warps them overly, with extra limbs or lips instead of fingers. Tzeentch will play around with his followers and values change for the sake of change, he's a kid with some play-dough and a lot of time on his hands. Slaanesh and Khorne will give 'blessings' that they think will affect their chosen - keep in mind that the special character spawn in fantasy is Khornate, not any of the other gods.

I would rank them from most to least mutated as:

Tzeentch

Nurgle

Slaanesh

Khorne

+1. in palace of the plague lord (WHFB novel)

the main character completes his quest and is confronted by a changer of ways. just the slight touch of the greater daemon causes him to rapidly mutate with bending limbs etc

i'd also agree that nurgle is more into corruption than mutation as in most fluff i've read nurgle's creations are made up of limbs, eyes etc from fallen victims, whereas tzeench's followers tend to exhibit strange abilities and new growths just before they are possessed or open up a warp rift. i'd say khorne and slaanesh are more mutations of the mind to start with before they grow spikes and bulge in muscle mass. just my 2p to the topic.

In Slaves to Darkness they have an ongoing thread about two brothers, one who worships Slaanesh and one Khorne. Once eventually becomes a Spawn and one a DP, but the speed at which the mutations comes is pretty even.

I think it's Tzeentch first and then all the others a little bit behind.

Undoubtedly Tzeentch; every source ever written on the God, from RoC's Slaves to Darkness to the most recent Black Crusade roleplay supplement, The Tome of Fate, portrays the God as one of the more generous and mercurial when it comes to the "blessings" he bestows on his followers. The Liber Chaotica points out that service to Tzeentch is arguably the most treacherous of all the Chaos powers, simply because the likelihood of ending up a gibbering pile of tentacles is so incredibly high. It seems that, in order to sustain their worthiness in Tzeentch's eyes, his followers need to exercise a peculiar degree of self possession; strength of purpose and ideology that allows them to sustain themselves through the encroaching insanity, the escalating mutation, to the point whereby they either ascend to daemon-hood, or find some other means of staving off the inevitable, as Ahriman of the Thousand Sons did.

Archived