Curious about imperial armour units

brindley

So i put this question up in the army list subforum, but didn't really get many responses so i'll ask here. I'm making a 1750 all-nurgle tally list and was wondering which units would work best, I found the rules for the decimator, and I like how it can be given mark of nurgle, but I don't know the rules for other vehicles, or if they would be worth it. I can only use units that are allowed from the books as 40k units, and not superheavies or anything, not that i'd want one haha. With the decimator being possible to use and my favorite chance so far. Is it worth buying?? I tried it in a game against GK and it got torn to hell by a broken op dreadknight in combat but that isnt a good example of what this dread can do. The army is mainly made up of plague marines, with a lord, oblits, havocs, epidemius, and plaguebearers.

A squad of Blight Drones in the Daemons list is what I'm going to be running in my tally list. So it will look like Epi with Plague Bearers and 2 Blight Drones.

6th isn't that good for walkers. With grenades and hull points, they don't last too long. Not sure if the stats for the unit you're asking about. Iy could be different.

A heavy support Plague Hulk could add to the tally too, and 13 armor is a little more sturdy in combat at least.

I just used a Soul Grinder for the first time in 6th yesterday against Orks. Landed on target. Shot Phlegm at a Battlewagon, hit witj scatter, blew up the Battlewagon, killed a bunch of boyz in the explosion. Then was charged by trukk boyz and powerklaw nob next turn. Killed 3 boyz with overwatch, and saved the only penetrating hit. Proceeded to kill boyz and nob. It eventually died to bikers and rear shooting.

I'll be running it again, and might buy a second one depending on next couple of games.

I'm running my MoN Decimator routinely in games of 1500 points plus. I've learned that my group stopped shooting it because of its FA 13, It Will Not Die, and because once -- exactly once -- he got wrecked and got up again the next turn. People seem to think taking it down isn't worth the effort. I'd disagree, but in practise it hasn't been shot at all for a couple weeks now. I run it with Butcher Cannon and either Storm Laser or, in big multiplayer games on big tables, with Heavy Conversion Beamer.

People also run it with 2 Siege Claws and Dedication to Khorne. With Deamon allies you can actually deep-strike it.

It got significantly nerfed in 6th edition however. It's now 195 naked, and with Dedication and two guns you're talking like 220 or 240 points. It's too expensive for what it's doing IMO, but I nevertheless like it, and it usually doesn't let me down.

Cheers, JT

Thanks for all of the replies guys. If I can find the rules for blight drones and plague hulk i'll definitely look into them. Fortunately I already have a defiler, but converting it could be interesting. If i ran the decimator id want to keep the claws because the rules for them are just so cool. Its too bad it isn't more competitive though.

Archived