2013 Librarium Painting Challenge

Warsmith Aznable

I didn't see on the rules page, is one allowed to add additional vows if they have completed their initial vow before the deadline? I ask because I'm still working on CoC pledges, and I don't want to overpledge, but if I finish my stuff early I'd like to be able to add more to the Chaos Ascendant pile.

We're in the midst of a Call of Chaos, but the Librarium has announced its annual Painting Challenge over in the PCA sub-forum.

Last year the Dark Angels won, and I think the year before that it was the Black Templars. Let us show them that Chaos Ascendant will not be trifled with!

The competition between subforums started in 2010 with the BAs winning two consecutive times (2010 & 2011) and the DAs destroyed everything in 2012. ;)

So this is the 2013 LPC. Chaos Ascendant has yet to make its mark but now with a fairly fresh Codex things might change! Good luck to all! ( you'll need it against the DAs ;) )

@ mailsteen: you have to make one vow. If you finish it before the deadline you add a point to your forum. That's that. Forum with the most points win. Good luck!

hmmm last time i saw this i did my ... unofficial version for myself... to paint up my thousand sons and got a massive amount of them finished... *rubs chin* don't fully know if i'll join this year but i know the models and works produced are amazing :huh: so i'm at least looking forward to watching ^.^

I'm not sure why all chaos players don't get to vow under this subforum, since I don't see a Minotaurs subforum in the vanilla section. ;)

That gripe aside, shouldn't everyone make small vows since points are easily won in this "challenge"? If it takes me 2 months to paint a single rhino, I quit.

I've got my first man painted, I just need to base him.

gallery_53134_7133_30374.jpg

He's the Chief Medic, which is why he's got the hazard stripes on his leg. The other guys have normal CSM legs that will just be white with the red trim. On the left pauldron I've got the "orange and black with white skull and crossbones" device of the Iron Hounds. Pretty much Codex Astartes style, I guess. I'm going to say this is because following the break from Legion traditions, the Warsmith adopted certain loyalist practices because he saw that they worked well, and the paint scheme came along with other medic doctrine.

Oh yeah, these are Icon of Excess bearers, because the Iron Hounds do not consort with daemons or the Ruinous Powers (see signature for why.)

Archived