It looks as tbough you have a mix of normal terminators and the Blood Angel Assault Terminators box... how well did the shoulder pads interchange? I have a box myself, and am looking to share the love among my regular termies, but I heard they don't quite fit to each other.

It looks as tbough you have a mix of normal terminators and the Blood Angel Assault Terminators box... how well did the shoulder pads interchange? I have a box myself, and am looking to share the love among my regular termies, but I heard they don't quite fit to each other.

Observant ;) I'm actually blending Black reach, Dark Vengeance, Tactical Terms, Assault Terms and BA Assault terms. The first few go together well, but you may have issues with fitting regular term pads onto the BA assault term shoulders, they're just that tiny bit chunkier. They still work if you file the shoulder a tiny bit, then hold it tight while the glue sets :) 

I have a few with BA right arms with Hammers or claws, and normal shoulder pads. Grump jack up there is one example of a BA pad on a tactical terminator storm bolter arm, and it's pretty smooth. I'll take some pics for reference.

Terminator Standard bearer complete!

I skipped ahead and painted this guy fully rather than bringing the whole squad up to the same level as 1) the banner was annoying me lying around on my painting table 2) It's nice to actually finish something, providing a motivation boost, as opposed to 15 guys half finished on my desk.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/1st%20Company/3rd%20Squad/DSCN1791_zpsrnrmoa6v.jpg

+Most photos lost to the warp.+

So, a little later than promised:

Grump Jack

gallery_58096_7522_667330.jpg

Flamer Guy

Deathwatch Sergeant.

I think I'll have this guy be one of the marines that helped the UM battle Hive Fleet Behemoth, then was seconded to the Deathwatch for his experience, returning to the chapter to clear space hulks.

Edited by Xenith

• 4 weeks later...

So after almost a month of inactivity, and update!

In other news, I've been working on some Sternguard, the Squad will be 4 combi grav and a heavy flamer. All will have combis for the "everyone gets a combi" formation. It's easier to tell an opponent that they dont have combis than telling them to imagine they do.

gallery_58096_11862_497091.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_436744.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_911614.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_619559.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_382164.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Xenith

That is one badass sternguard flamer!

Thanks! It's a spare terminator flamer with the death company plasma pistol arm and some theatrics.

Your termies are also almost making me come around to the look of normal terms.... But not quite :tongue.: Still awesome though!

What do I have to do to convince you?

These guys will either run at an orbital intervention force, or as a strike fore Ultra with Karlaen fora rerollable 3+ reserves on T1.

• 3 weeks later...

So, flitting from normal painting on the Terminators to detailing my Librarian Dread, who is still in need of a name!

He will get more done to him, eventually, such as heraldry on the right armour plate on the fist, but for now, evrything that needs texture is done, so I'll leave him be.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Xenith

Great detailing on the Libby Dread. And good solid paintjob.

Question: I see everybody puts a thunderhammer on their banner carrying terminator. Wouldn it make sense to save the 5 point and letting him keep the claw since he wont get a SS anyway? Need to know before i assemble mine :P

Charlo pretty much has the right of it. 

The claw saves points, but you lose the extra attack bonus, and you pile in earlier, the hammer is more costly, but you go in later. If I was doing it again, I'd probably put the banner on a claw marine, especially if the TH/SS upgrade increases to 10pts like in the new SM codex.

Thanks Evil Dr!

Oh yes, I magnetise a lot of stuff, like sergeant arms, jump packs, etc, but have grown tired of them recently. I spend more time magnetising stuff than actually painting them, or not painting them until theyre magnetised. That's why my Eldar languish in a box...

For now, I have stopped, and will just build new models like the good old days :wink:

Edited by Xenith