After a lot of consideration, I think I want a more aggressive speeder to lead my pack, so thinking of MM/HF. The alternative is HVB, Typhoon. The latter is effective, but boring.

Booring stuff is for the codex chapters! Go for the MM/HF.

You sure put alot of thought into making good use of all those bits. I look forward to see the assembling so i can steal your builds :D

Edited by Jønke

You sure put alot of thought into making good use of all those bits. I look forward to see the assembling so i can steal your builds :biggrin.:

Welp. If anything, you've really convinced me to go for that build. I might pin it so I can switch for the assault cannon if I like...

Additionally, both the speeder and ravenwing upgrade sprue come with typhoon missile launchers, which make great deathwind, cyclone, or havoc missile launchers. the box really is a gold mine.

Just the Storm bolter, doing the hand etc was more effort than I was willing to go to ;)

I do have another Karlaen, too, than I can play around with.

I magnetised the entire arm, cloak included.

That RW box does good value, and I do need more bikes. This is a dangerous train of thought.

D

Just the Storm bolter, doing the hand etc was more effort than I was willing to go to :wink:

I do have another Karlaen, too, than I can play around with.

I magnetised the entire arm, cloak included.

That RW box does good value, and I do need more bikes. This is a dangerous train of thought.

D

The RW box and an extra set of bikes can get you 3 characters on bikes (Captain, librarian, priest), bike squad with 3 bikes and an attack bike (doooo iiiiiit).

So, an update!

All terminators are painted to tabletop standard (woot!) which renders the first part of my RTS pledge complete. And just the 8 left to complete I pledged to RTS 

As you can see, I've started work on the last guy's personal heraldry, and on the Sergeants back banner. These will feature the traditional "Redemptor", "Damnator" names, as featured in Angels of Death.

Edited by Xenith

Heraldic Iconography of the Archangels:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/1st%20Company/Termie%20Icons_zpssakdh3mq.png

These are the icons I have painted to far, either freehand or moulded, and generally on the shoulder pads.

The non-moulded will all eventually get a BA symbol over the top.

Edited by Xenith

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, it means a lot to know that all the time on them wasn't for nothing :biggrin.:

Karlaen was also a leg swap with the tactical terminator sergeant - I still don't know what to do with Karlaen's epic lunge legs. Maybe another lighting claw terminator somewhere down the line...

Edited by Xenith

• 2 weeks later...

Next up: Lemartes!

I've had Lemmy for 3-4 years now, but finally got around to getting some paint on him. I've replaced the normal backpack with a MkIV Pack with wings, because he deserves it, and it makes the model less topheavy. Pack featured later.

Edited by Xenith

Lemartes completed!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Characters/2015-12-13%2020.46.06_zpsal21ftzy.jpg

The colours look a little faded due to the bright light.

Hmm. What next. I really should look at those Scout Bikers... Maybe the Land Speeder?

If you ever have to ask, the answer is moar death company?

You do have a point.

I've recently found out that Ushtarador and I go to the same FLGS, who have a double tourney on in March. We might make a go of a Double-Angel force.

With that I mind, I need a working, friendly 750 pt list.

What I have painted in Switzerland:

Karlaen

Lemartes

Furioso Librarian

15 terminators (5 tactical, 5 claws, 5 hammers)

10 Scouts (bp+ccw)

I have enough bits to make pretty much any infantry unit, I can bring drop pods or bikers back here after XMas.

The way I see it, I could go 2x 5 scouts, 2x5 termies, Karlaen. Although this wont be too effective, and I'll probably not have too much on board for most of the game.

What might be fun is 

10 x scouts, 3-4 scout bikers, fist, grenade launchers, cluster mines, Priest, assault marines, squad in razorback with TL asscans.

Edited by Xenith

Loving these models, especially the extensive freehand! The feathered effect on the 1st page is really cool. 
I quite like that the DC are fairly plain. I don't know if it was intentional or not but it makes sense that you wouldn't bother making super ornate armour for someone who's sole purpose is to die horribly in the Emperor's name!
As for your more recent work, good call on Karlaen, the original model is just horribly posed. And Lemartes looks ace with his wings, very modernised with a top notch paint job too. Still I think there's room for some freehand on his knee ;)