catachan grenade launcher?

spafe

Hi there,

Was browsing on the gw site, in the description for the special weapons for the catachans (pictured with the old metal flamer and meltagun), it mentions you get 2 out of flamer, meltagun or Grenade Launcher. Now I don't know if my memory is playing tricks on me, but the only nade launcher for jungle fighters I can think of is the much sort after grenade launcher girl. Have I forgotten another model from that range that bears said launcher or is there a possibility of getting that model in the blister?

Thanks for any help/thoughts on the matter

You're referring to this product I assume? As far as I'm aware she's the only Catachan metal grenade launcher model so that would be correct, but whether or not you'd get her is anyone's guess.

Whoever thought that getting random weapons from a purchase was a good idea needs a good shake. You could phone them up to clarify what you'd get, they might be able to tell you. Something tells me she's a case of "until stock has gone" or something similar so you'd probably only get the melta/flamers as she's likely long gone.

Maybe I'm just being cynical. If you find out either way (ideally by receiving her in your order!) please let us know :)

Aye that was the package. I've not ordered it, as I dont need any more flamers or meltas (unless they are metal classic cadian ones!), but if there would be a nade girl, well....

I will prob give them a ring on friday when I finish work early and see if they can clarify. If not then I guess this post will be a note for anyone who does order them (not sure why someone would) that we would like to know lol

I bought this pack and got nade girl a couple of years ago. I don't know if they will still do it... but when I wanted a specific model before (not nade girl), they sent the blisters to the store for me and if it didn't have the model I wanted the store would order another one for me, I did this 3 times until I got the model I wanted. Check with your store manager. This was a few years ago, so i don't know if this still an option.

I imagine it still is, GW stores tend to be pretty helpful and it can't hurt to ask. I can't help thinking the fact that out of three possibilities getting two "at random" when one of them is highly sought after and rare sounds a little suspicious though...

I imagine it still is, GW stores tend to be pretty helpful and it can't hurt to ask. I can't help thinking the fact that out of three possibilities getting two "at random" when one of them is highly sought after and rare sounds a little suspicious though...

This was my thought, which was why I had assumed I'd forgotten a mini from the classic range. If I do get a chance to ring up mail order and ask I will report findings (or equally if anyone else fancies giving them a ring and clarifying be my guest lol)

People call me cynical, I of course correct them and say it's pronounced "realistic"... :P

I was just in GW today and I completely forgot to ask. Probably wouldn't get an answer of use but worth a stab. If I get a spare half hour tomorrow I'll try and remember to give them a call and see what they say :)

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason this topic had been removed when I tried to post to it before, no idea why?

Anyway I spoke to GW about it and they just said it was purely at random. They generally avoided answering my question about the grenade launcher model in particular so I took that as an answer in itself. I'm disappointed though, usually customer support is very friendly and helpful so I didn't much appreciate them skirting the issue. That and the delay in responding was four days, I'd put a complaint in if I thought it'd make a difference.

At least we know now though.

Yeah, I emailed the mods, they tried to do something and entire thread vanished too, but they put it back pretty quick when I asked where it went.

Glad we have a semi answer. When I've finally finished my metal cadians (prob not this side of xmas) if the blister is still there I'll be ordering about 4 of them to turn my single metal catachan platoon into 3 vet squads, so may necro this thread myself then if I get lucky lol

I guess this'll be a final update, Its confirmed!, a mate on a different forum was ordering up some old necro stuff before its all gone and picked up a catachan special weapon pack for orlock heavies and received a grenade launcher girl in the pack.

Not bad, not bad at all. Guess it jsut comes down to luck which you get.

Archived