Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

• 2 weeks later...

Finalized the neo-terminator leader and built up a more knightly gorget for his suit.

0rZO4Dg.png

The upper part of his tabard, and a few more details on the squad as a whole, and these guys will be ready for paint.

I know that I want the color I tested on the previous page for the armor and then orange cloth with white accents, but I haven't completely nailed down how I'm going to apply it all. Maybe some armor bits in orange? A stripe on the helmet? Dunno.

Got a new printer - a Mars 3 4k - and had to test it out, of course. After some calibration prints, I did some prints of stuff I already printed on the 2k Photon SE for comparison.

6s6YSku.png

b2JCm5F.png

Much crisper detail, less noticeable layer lines, and a the finish on the resin seems smoother.

This morning, I started a print before my work shift and processed these guys after it was over.

hZARGzp.png

XEdUmLh.png

WxtRG9y.png

Look how crisp that is! God-Emperor, the detail is so sharp!

Rough estimate was $2-3 worth of a resin for three eradicators.

I have to stop printing stuff or I'm going to blow the deadline for finishing my neo-terminators. >_<

Found some conversion bits for a land raider I just had to snag (some of the smaller bits omitted from the pic)

Ca1Djb4.png

And some for a whirlwind, which I was able to easily plop onto an old rhino.

oziOzOc.png

I've getting tutored on how to 3d model and printed something from one of the lessons - box dread feet!

kzlq3cu.png

They need a bit of adjusting, but are pretty close to what I was wanting.

Yeah, that whirlwind turret is great - really brings back the feel of the old metal turret while also loosing some of its goofiness.

How are the printed feet different from those that you already had for the dread?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Those look great, and very sharp detailed & I like the subtle difference:

Yeah, that whirlwind turret is great - really brings back the feel of the old metal turret while also loosing some of its goofiness.

How are the printed feet different from those that you already had for the dread?

The side toes are angled a little more forward compared to basic dread feet.  Gives it the impression of a slightly more aggressive vs. standing stock still stance.

Edited by Surreal Cruelty

Yeah, there was supposed to be a second picture in the post, but it didn't show up for some reason.

nCIV62o.png

The four evenly spaced toes all the same size has never looked right to me and I was inspired the FW box dreads to do something a little different with one rear toe the normal size and three smaller ones angled forward a little more.

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree :)
What has long-legged long-striding thingie to do with squat little people? Smells a lot like compensating in my book :P

I'm personally waiting for a compact dreadnought-like exo-suit/walker for the Votan folk.

I don't know who forgot to use the proper incense, unguents, and binaric chanting, but the machine spirit of the plastic land raider STC is not happy. I forgot what a nightmare these things are to put together, and realizing halfway in that I didn't have the assault ramp doors and had to print some that didn't line up quite right certainly didn't help things. This was over 3 hours of frustrating work.

RcaIvpf.png

From the weakness of the poor engineering, Omnissiah save us.

From the lies of the studio picts, circuit preserve us.

From the rage of the Mold Slip, cyanoacrylate protect us.

From the temptations of the resin, heat gun cleanse us.

From the ravages of the misaligned parts, trigger clamps shield us.

From this rotting cage of 25 year old molds, new plastic kits set us free.

Perhaps the machine spirit of the plastic Spartan STC will not be so irascible and choleric as this old beast.