Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Maybe for bikers -as they are riders- something like "Wing" will do the job.

in Ancient Rome, wings [alae, alarii, alariae IIRC] were auxiliary cavalry formations -along with other formation types.

Also the Alae Quingenaria were auxiliary cavalry units in times of the Roman Empire, and were divided into 16 turmae (swarms) of 30 riders each. The Commander of the Alae were called Praefectus Alae. The Alae were attached to a legion.

At the end of the Flavian era, some units were created, called Alae Militariae formed by 24 turmae each, with 720 riders per Alae.

So, as the Empire legion type dranks directly to the Roman legion type, they both speak High Gothic, and bats have wings and fly in swarms I bet for Wings :lol:

so I logged in tonight and was checking up on what everyone was doing tonight and see how things are going for everyone and I saw your biker champion...

and thought

son of a :cuss

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9c/84/f3/9c84f38e2e5c9a46905b3abd3a53e562.jpg

GET OUT OF MY HEAD...AARRRRRRGGGGG

but no seriously

get out of my head...haha

I've not got a chance to read all the fluff yet, but I did troll through and look at all the pictures and wow... I especially love your bikers.

I vote for blade or wing for the biker squad names as well.

Dude, the fluff is awesome. I highly recommend reading it.

so I logged in tonight and was checking up on what everyone was doing tonight and see how things are going for everyone and I saw your biker champion...

and thought

son of a :censored:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9c/84/f3/9c84f38e2e5c9a46905b3abd3a53e562.jpg

GET OUT OF MY HEAD...AARRRRRRGGGGG

but no seriously

get out of my head...haha

HAH! That makes three of us. I may or may not be stock piling Nostraman chainglaives for when I finally get my hands on Massacre and some sweet, sweet Nightraptors.

Great, sadistic minds think up pointy implements of death, alike ^_^

Edited by Flint13

Thanks everyone for all the ideas, still working on the bikes but I think name-wise I'm going to call them the "Carnivores" and make them a cult formation like the Bleeding Eyes. But enough of that, here's a big meaty chunk of fluff to sink your fangs into, enjoy.

+++

The voice was back again. It poured into his consciousness like magma, deep and red. 

I hunger.

He willed the voice into silence, clamping down with a will of iron and bitterness. Reluctantly, the voice faded, drawing back into his consciousness until it was only a glowing ember of hate. These outbursts were becoming more and more frequent as the years dragged on. It was getting harder to subdue the voice and it’s promises of rage and violence. 

Hashec Tor, former captain of the 15th company, VIII Astartes Legion, opened his eyes.

The autosenses built into his helm painted the command bridge in subtle shades of red. Data readouts and status reports scrolled at the edge of his vision, awaiting his scrutiny. “Sins of the Father” was a lethal blade of a ship, a Slaughter-class Adeptus Astartes strike cruiser forged in the latter days of the Great Crusade when technology and art were one and the same. There were few ships that sailed the void these days that could match her beauty, or more importantly, her firepower.

He glanced down, the brass trim on his skull-faced helm catching the faint light from nearby cogitators. Hanging from his armored waist was the axe. As if in response to his scrutiny, it gave a low pulse of ethereal green light. Pulling his gaze from the eldritch weapon, Hashec looked out across the strategium to the central hololithic display. A rotating three-dimensional display of a lush planet filled deep blue oceans hovered in the air. Like a shining gem of emerald and sapphire, it hung suspended amongst green-tinged data readouts and survey scan readings.

“Magnify sector 11-85.”

Hashec’s voice rolled across the bridge like an encroaching thunderstorm. The servitor hardwired into the tactical hololith replied in a monotone voice tinged by distortion from the metal vox unit attached to its face,

“Compliance.”

The planet froze and the display zoomed in to reveal a cluster of communication arrays and sensor dishes.  Surrounded by thick, verdant jungle, the Marines Exemplar recruitment monastery was a brutal, gothic piece of architecture. Within its halls, the future aspirants of the chapter were screened, trained, and made ready for a lifetime of war in the Emperor’s name. However that wasn’t the reason "Sins of the Father" hung in orbit above Volusia. The Captain of the 15th sought a far more valuable prize, Astartes gene-seed.

Skulls…. Blood…. Souls….

The axe quivered at the prospect of shedding blood. Hashec had to suppress the urge to give into its wishes. He took a slow breath to balance his humors and willed the axe’s fiery heart back into submission. 

With a clanking of gears and hydraulics, the great adamantium doors to the bridge rumbled open.  Thundering footfalls echoed across the bridge as a massive figure in hulking Terminator war-plate strode into the strategium. The light from the hololith glinted off the chiropteran spines that rose form his collar. His baroque armor was draped in chains and parchments etched with blasphemous symbols and from his massive shoulders was draped a heavy cloak of flayed human skin. Clasped in his gauntleted right hand was a mighty glaive that had once been carried by a Justicar of the Grey Knights. The defiled weapon was now festooned with talismans and grisly trophies while the corrupted blade pulsed slowly with an ugly, red light.

“Greetings brother.” The hulking warrior’s voice issued forth in a tectonic growl.

Hashec’s eyes narrowed behind the skull-faced visage of his helm. He turned to regard Sazzik Noct, the former codicier primus of the 15th company. He was almost certain he had caught it this time, that strange timbre to Noct’s voice, as if a second being was mimicking his words in a sibilant whisper. 

“Where have you been?” The impatience in Hashec’s rumbling voice was clear. Noct chuckled, “Is that any way to greet an old friend?” His skin was as pale as marble, the blue lines of veins standing out with alarming clarity. As with all trueborn sons of Nostramo, he possessed eyes of pure black, like those of some great, oceanic predator. Beneath those abyssal orbs, the metallic form of a rebreather was clamped, which incidentally made it even more frustratingly hard to read the sorcerer’s emotions. Hashec flexed the powerfist on his left arm in agitation and turned back towards the hololith. “Answer the question, old friend.” 

“No fun as usual Tor. If you must know, I have been in communion with the darkness beyond. Volusia holds the treasure you seek.” Hashec felt the urge to spit. “Good, your sorcery proves yet again why I keep you around.” Noct executed a mock bow, though his massive armor gave him the appearance of a bull readying to charge. “As ever brother I am your humble servant.” Hashec snorted, “you are many things Sazzik, but humble is not among them.”

Sazzik chuckled with a sound like falling boulders, startling some of the mortal crewmembers nearby. “There’s the Tor I know. All is in readiness for planetfall, and the… menagerie… has been roused from slumber.” Hashec cocked his head and listened, he could hear faint, unearthly shrieks echoing from the bowels of the ship. Even though they couldn’t here them, the mortal crew had heard Sazzik and the scent of their fear was delicious to Hashec’s predatory senses.

SKULLS… BLOOD… SOULS…

The voice pulsed in his mind, freshly awoken by Hashec’s desire to hunt. He reached down and took hold of the axe and felt its heat suffuse his arm. The need to do violence grew in his brain like a blossoming flower, only held in check by his iron hard, superhuman will.

With a thought he keyed into the company vox channel.

“All claws report to launch bays for immediate planetfall, we shall stand in midnight clad and drown this world in blood!”

Hashec strode down from the hololith, his Terminator war plate’s thunderous footfalls echoing across the bridge. “See you on the surface brother, Ave Dominus Nox.” Sazzik slammed his left fist to his chest in imitation of the old pre-unification salute from Terra. Then with a swirl of his macabre cloak, the sorcerer strode off through the halls towards his waiting gunship.

With the need to spill blood threatening to drown his consciousness he keyed into a private vox channel. 

“To me.”

Thundering footfalls, like a landslide of iron, echoed through the halls. Four massive figures in Terminator armor converged on Hashec. Their ancient armor was festooned with grisly trophies and grinning skulls forged in bronze leered from their left shoulder pauldrons. These titanic figures were members of the Atramentar, the Night Lords Terminator elite. Hashec’s champion, a giant warrior named Cor Madrek, stepped forward. Red, chiropteran wings arched above the brutal tusks jutting from his helm. He spoke with an impossibly deep voice, tinged metallic by his war-helm’s vocalizer, “Lord, we stand in midnight clad, ready to bring death.”

Hashec tightened his grip on the axe. “It’s time we reminded these thin-bloods what the fury of the Legion feels like.” Switching vox channels he quickly spoke his instructions to the mortal captain of their ship, Jesara Kesh. “Jesara, target the polar regions, Nocte Mortem protocol, tonight we hunt.” The reply was curt and concise, “Compliance my Lord.” Jesara was an outstanding captain and she knew "Sins of the Father" almost as well as her Legion masters, most of which had served aboard the vessel during the days of the Great Crusade. Hashec trusted her as much as any son of Nostramo could trust another living thing, which wasn’t much. Still, with the threat of unleashing Gevaudas hanging over her head, Hashec was never in doubt of her loyalty.

Turning to his Atramentar brethren, Hashec allowed a grin to split his scarred visage. “Come brothers, it’s time we hunted.”

+++

So here at long last I give the commander of the 15th company himself, Hashec Tor. Known amongst the VIII Legion as "The Hammer of Nostramo" for his predilection towards armored assaults and blunt, brutal tactics, Hashec was staunchly loyal to his primarch and seeks to persecute the long war by any means. Hashec vowed on the fields of Istvaan V to see Terra burn and it is this promise that has driven him through 10,000 years of war against the Imperium of Man.

Hashec Tor, Commander of the 15th Company, VIII Astartes Legion.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/7b9f923b-d47d-4c73-bcbb-2268ca6e864e_zps740dd571.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/76c4619c-e341-4aba-a9f1-6e644d25c832_zps5ad085c2.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/20feae83-90a3-436d-9ac3-dcc5ceac0faf_zpseab77f3f.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/f8bdd0b3-7bcc-41c7-94c1-9f6f4bf0a4fd_zps8f1b3864.jpg

Hashec Tor and his Atramentar retinue.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/c32ba7e6-7680-4185-a05e-749f19eb2176_zpsae45edce.jpg

This guy has really been the crowing achievement of my force thus far and I am incredibly pleased with how he turned out. This whole army started with my vision for Hashec and it is awesome to finally see the idea given form. C&C Appreciated as always.

AVE DOMINUS NOX.

I don't know if you're still accepting names but maybe Chibs? maybe have some scars on the characters cheeks?

Yeah I'm a fan of Sons of Anarchy that's how I found that out.

Edit: I'm sorry I realized I should have checked out the pictures that was rude. Not much to say other than great stuff. I like that the bat wings aren't attached to the helmets. Also love the lightning.

Edited by Kael24

He spoke with an impossibly deep voice, tinged metallic by his war-helm’s vocalizer, “Lord, we stand in midnight clad, ready to bring death.”

I sound like that every morning before a cup of coffee, to be honest.

Hashec rocks. I need to pull myself together and give adequate response.