Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

A log full of GREAT stuff, Heinrich!

I am especially interested in your weapons team. I am trying to make a few so I am definitely interested in seeing other folks take on them (I need lots of inspiration).

Also, where are the swords from the Carnivores from?

I'm trying to be unbiased, but the weapons team is just so damn sexy. I still need to create some background for the spotter and send it your way.  I really like that crest. Any ideas on what you want that character to be? Is he a renegade or does the VIII Legion's blood pump through his veins?

The Bikers are really coming along nicely. It looks like you're getting more comfortable with sculpting extra armor plating for their suits, and if it were grey I'd think it's part of the original casts. And that Land Raider is beastly. It's one thing to get run over by one, but another to get run over by that one. Ouch.

Man...I look purdy. 

Glad you like him :)

Brother do you know if machinators still making the rhino treads in the opressor style? He's got none on eBay

I actually don't know, try sending him a message on Facebook, he usually gets back pretty quickly.

A log full of GREAT stuff, Heinrich!

I am especially interested in your weapons team. I am trying to make a few so I am definitely interested in seeing other folks take on them (I need lots of inspiration).

Also, where are the swords from the Carnivores from?

Thanks! The swords are actually spears from the Skaven Clanrat box.

Yesssss...keep them coming.

Will do!

I'm trying to be unbiased, but the weapons team is just so damn sexy. I still need to create some background for the spotter and send it your way.  I really like that crest. Any ideas on what you want that character to be? Is he a renegade or does the VIII Legion's blood pump through his veins?

The Bikers are really coming along nicely. It looks like you're getting more comfortable with sculpting extra armor plating for their suits, and if it were grey I'd think it's part of the original casts. And that Land Raider is beastly. It's one thing to get run over by one, but another to get run over by that one. Ouch.

My thinking is that he would be a Terran born veteran who still maintained the crest as an ode to the days of the legion. Feel free to build off that somehow. As far as the landraider goes, I hear that, I have to be careful how I pick it up lol.

Your GS skills are just amazing.  Some of the more subtle touches, such as the skin on the biker's gas tank / center section and the modifications that show just "touches" of Chaos Warp influence are what really stand out for me.

Excellent work all around

My, my: Quite the flurry of updates ;)

Fantastic stuff, as usual: Both the flayed Astartes on the Rhinos and the weapon team are brilliant.

My one gripe is that I think you could have done more with the bikers: I love the steps you took in order to individualise them, but they seem very restrained in their poses: What about experimenting with more dynamic ways of attaching the bike itself to the base? For instance, if you attach the bike at a slight angle, that gives you the opportunity to have both the machine and the biker look far more dynamic -- and that goes double if they have a CC weapon!

I wasn't happy with my own bikes until I tried it, and now they look far more dangerous and interesting.

In any case, keep up the fantastic work! :)

Your GS skills are just amazing.  Some of the more subtle touches, such as the skin on the biker's gas tank / center section and the modifications that show just "touches" of Chaos Warp influence are what really stand out for me.

Excellent work all around

Thanks man!

Wow man just awesome work yet again well done

Thanks brother :)

Woah man, awesome NL.

One thing i noticed, how much more disturbing does the second flayed man look? I think its the screaming skull face that does it.

Thanks MagicMan, tried to go full psycho with these guys, glad to see I pulled it off :)

This just keeps getting better and better!

Might have to steal your idea for the weapon teams...

By all means brother!

Hey Heinrich, you accidentally called your Carnivores the Crimson Hand in your Biker update.

All in all, still looking good my man. Can't wait to ride in my Rhino. :tongue.:

Whoops lol, fixed now, thanks for the heads up Kol.

So many amazingly grim updates. Every time I'm less willing to start my NL army, no way I get a chance to do something that good. I hate you brother, I hate you so much *turns on plasma pistol*.

Don't let me keep you back, we can always use more night lords here ;)

Ok I am loving the *flayed* marines on the front of the rhinos.  And I must ask where the treads on the LR came from?  I've seen the before on B&C but can't recall.

The treads are from blood and skulls industries, they are called "Oppressor" pattern.

My, my: Quite the flurry of updates :wink:

Fantastic stuff, as usual: Both the flayed Astartes on the Rhinos and the weapon team are brilliant.

My one gripe is that I think you could have done more with the bikers: I love the steps you took in order to individualise them, but they seem very restrained in their poses: What about experimenting with more dynamic ways of attaching the bike itself to the base? For instance, if you attach the bike at a slight angle, that gives you the opportunity to have both the machine and the biker look far more dynamic -- and that goes double if they have a CC weapon!

I wasn't happy with my own bikes until I tried it, and now they look far more dangerous and interesting.

In any case, keep up the fantastic work! :smile.:

Actually I was considering that very thing after I saw BrotherCaptainArkhan's latest update on the sons of Tyr, their poses will be getting a dynamic update for sure!

The trouble I've always found with angling bikes is it's tricky to do without them just looking like they're about to fall over. Then again, I also hate Marine bikes, so I may not be the most objective person to ask.

Heinrich, this is one of the threads that makes me dread when I get round to doing my Night Lords. Everything in it is just so cool. Any plans for a Heldrake? I'd love to see what you ended up doing with that kit.

Dragonlover

The trouble I've always found with angling bikes is it's tricky to do without them just looking like they're about to fall over. Then again, I also hate Marine bikes, so I may not be the most objective person to ask.

Heinrich, this is one of the threads that makes me dread when I get round to doing my Night Lords. Everything in it is just so cool. Any plans for a Heldrake? I'd love to see what you ended up doing with that kit.

Dragonlover

Yeah it's going to be interesting trying to get those bikes to work, but I guess we'll see! As far as the Heldrake goes, I had planned on doing one, but I haven't yet figured out a pleasing way to do one that fits with my vision for the 15th. At the moment I'm planning on getting a Fire Raptor instead for the 15th's air power.

Yeah, the Fire Raptor is very tempting. If I didn't already have a pair of the normal Heldrake models, I'd be tempted to convert up one of the Marine flyers and use it as a counts as. Perhaps a Storm Talon with dangling hooks and chains?

Dragonlover

Everything looks good so far, Heinrich! I like the look of the Bikers, and the LR looks brutal! Great work! :D

As far as the Heldrake is concerned, why not convert it to look more like a Hell Talon fighter-bomber than a flying dragon of death and destruction? It's a popular choice for the kit, and one I'd want to try myself, if I had the funds. Plus, it links in well with the Night Lords' methods of warfare.

Regarding those bikes, you don't even need to go the full hog: Just tilt them a tad to the side, and it will instantly seem like the driver is leaning into the curve (or, alternately, into the punch he is just about to deliver). It can be as subtle or as spectacular as you want it to be.

As for the Heldrake, I think a slightly organic beast does fit their "hunter" feeling, although they are usually less mutated than some of the other traitor legions. Maybe you'll find Morf's "Hellbat" inspirational. I think it's a great idea for a NL army. I'll also link to my own "Hellrazor", while I'm at it, if you'll excuse the shameless plug ;)