Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Awesome figures, awesome fluff.

Thanks brother as always.

Brother you will do badab proud

I certainly hope so, I'll let you guys be the judge of that :)

Wow...Vazyos came out gorgeously. Heathens story was stellar.  

Thanks, glad you like him!

Those Obliterator teams are amazing! Conversions/ Kitbashes on basic Chaos Space Marines at this high level of quality are one of my favorite things to see. Bravo!

Thanks man!

Can I have my jaw back please. I heard it hit the floor a few posts back.

Amazing minis and paint jobs.

Haha thanks Forte, awesome work on your Emperors Children as well!

Sooooo much envy.

:D

Man I'm pretty! :smile.: Loving the completed teams and Heathens' fluff as always is exemplary.

Thanks man, glad you're happy with your guy :)

Dang, I look good with some paint on. The whole gang looks awesome, Heinrich! Very impressed!

But I'm just guessing that heathens has a vested interest in writing the fluff for that update :wink:

And sweet badge! I think that either they're giving them out in random orders, or someone at Forgeworld must have found out who you are.

be afraid!

Keep up the good work! Just that Land Raider and you're done!

Thanks man! Glad you enjoy them all :)

wooohooo!!!!

Great story!

wonderfull models!

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

This thread never fails to disappoint. The bar just keeps on getting raised. Full marks brother

Thanks man, I try my best :)

Looking fantastic! Death from afar has never looked so exquisite.

As for speculation on certain chapters... If it's Badab War I hope for space sharks!

Thanks! As for the Badab War, you'll have to wait 'till January see... ;)

Awesome story and awesome killteams :biggrin.:

I have a wicked and nasty gun :biggrin.: hahaha

Thanks, and yes, yes you do :)

Utterly fantastic, stuff, Heinrich! And heathens, that's some kick ass fluff! Brilliant work, gentlemen!

And, whoa, is that half a death mask I am spotting on my 28 mm version? Awesome! Any chance of a picture from a slightly different angle, so I can take a closer look?

In any case, serving in the 15th would be an honour anyway, but being represented by such an amazing avatar just made my day. Thanks, mate!

Thanks man! Here's a better photo of your terror mask:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/e3e33382-3b3a-42d8-ad36-741bcdb563a1_zps6890d0d9.jpg

I LOVE this thread! Makes me want to go all chaos-y on stuff. =) And that's not very common in a loyalist like myself.

We've always got room for more traitors ;)

Everything is astounding, we all know that. But that rib cage on the breastplate of mini-Dan is on a whole 'nother level! 

Also, kudos to Heathens for drumming up another bunch of (what would be if it weren't online) page turning fluff.

Thanks Flint!

Man, I look good in midnight clad. Awesome job, Heinrich.

Yes you do good sir, thanks for the outstanding fluff!

Fitting you got that button! :smile.:

Oh, and awesome team job bringing the fluff heathens, and the models/paint Heinrich.

EDIT: While I'm on, Heinrich, what do you use for your photo lighting set-up? I feel like clear, bright pics are almost half the battle, and yours have always been great.

Thanks man, here's the setup I use:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/602004_10152121848098761_1494305342_n_zpsd397f967.jpg

Just a regular cardboard box with 3 sides cut out and pieces from a white t-shirt stretched over them. I've just got a black piece of paper on the back wall and floor for the background but you use any color or background image you want. I just take the pictures with my iPhone 5. I also spray-painted the inside white, but honestly it's totally unnecessary, now I constantly have to deal with paint flakes coming off the tape on the inside.

Fitting is right. I got one for a Traitor Titan Legio and one for the Word Bearers. Close but no cigar :pinch:

But I second KBA's query. What do you do for a lighting setup? I've had some wildly varying results just trying to shoot on my desk under daylight bulbs.

See above ^^^ :)

Heathens your story is sick. I loved the nuances and insight you added to all of the detail. gripping and well done. I want moar. 

Heinrich, these guys look amazing. I love the characters and how each one is distinctive alone and their awesomeness multiplied when in their cells. Also i think you're the first person to actually finish a weapon team. I never finished any of mine, and yours look mint. 

What is next? 

Oh, and the freehand rib bones on the breast plate look amazing. I was blown away with what you did there. I love the way you do eyes too. I need your recipe on that.

Thanks brother, I wanted your dude to be a fitting tribute to the awesome legacy you've created for the Night Lords, so that meant claws, skulls, awesome terror markings, and daemonic horns, I'm really glad he meets expectations :) As for the eyes just PM me and I'll break it down for ya. Next on the list is probably the Landraider, then some raptors and finally the Contemptor.

Hey gents, 

decided I'd showcase a bit of what I'm working on aside from my Night Lords. This is a Chaos Sorcerer Lord I painted up as part of a 1,000 point force of Word Bearers a friend of mine commissioned from me. I'll post up a few units here and there as I go along to break up all the midnight clad goodness. let me know what you all think, cheers!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/fca4760a-e4c8-4267-bb6e-0a7e496e6de4_zps9cf1084d.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/d8cce039-2931-4eb1-a21f-ca6e0d378d15_zpsee56c139.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Commissions/b842be30-f980-4c24-a425-eda2647a56a9_zpsd50b0120.jpg

Dr. Orpheus: How sweet, a Bible. Well, if you don't mind sir, I have book of my own for this little ritual.
(Pulls out Necronomicon)
Dr. Orpheus: Keep your fingers clear of it's mouth, he's a nibbler.

~ The Venture Brothers.

I really like the book. I might just have to take inspiration from it in the future. The thread in general is a pleasure to follow. Look forward to seeing more.

God Damn! That's it, I'm coming to your house with a pair of medical sheers. After I've made myself a 'Heinrich' flesh-suit, surely I'll have absorbed your powers. As a Nightlord, I'm sure you'll understand.

Eat his organs as well, especially the brain and heart, just to be sure. :)

Thanks for the comments guys, this is my first real foray into commission work so I'm trying to put my best foot forward in the hope that others (possibly on this site) will seek out my services as well. As far as the book goes, the client built the model and if I remember correctly he envisioned something along those lines Kol, regardless it's hilarious in challenges because it looks like the book is molesting the face of anyone his Sorcerer fights. As for those looking to skin me, you may try, but know that I live in a realm of terror that far surpasses the nightmarish realm of Medrengard. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Not.... dead.... yet....

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, Holidays are crazy.  Also I ran out of VMA French Blue, so I'm waiting on that to get here to continue with the Landraider so I can hopefully finish and fulfill my vow for the Call of Chaos.  With that I'll give you guys the down low on what's been going on in my end of the world with the hobby otherwise.  I mentioned a while back about cobbling together and organizing a narrative campaign with my local gaming group, well we finally got it off the ground.

The Caedon Offensive

Segmentum Obscurus - 999.M41

At the twilight of the 41st millennium Abaddon the Despoiler, Warmaster of the Black Legion, Arch-heretic and bane of the Imperium, launched a massive assault on Imperial space. The 13th Black Crusade, as it came to be known, swept forth from the Eye of Terror and engulfed the worlds of the Segmentum Obscurus in a tide of apocalyptic destruction.  The Imperial forces stationed around the Cadian Gate were sent reeling, unprepared for the immense scale of Abaddon’s vanguard forces. With Cadia under siege and Battlefleet Obscurus locked in a deadly void war with heretic forces, the way was open for the archenemy to ravage Imperial space. The Warmaster nevertheless knew that it was only a matter of time before the inevitable Imperial counter-attack arrived. Acting swiftly to cement his foothold in Imperial space, Abaddon dispatched numerous raider fleets to wreak havoc throughout the worlds surrounding the Eye of Terror. Striking at vital planets and key systems, these forces served to divide the strength of the Imperial counter-thrust between numerous conflict zones, thus ensuring Abaddon’s continued hold on Cadia.

The Caedon Belt of Segmentum Obscurus was one such tract of Imperial space left forever scarred by the predations of the Archenemy. Composed of 5 separate star systems, it would see some of the most brutal Astartes combat since the Badab War. The Chaos strike fleet sent to ravage the Caedon Belt was comprised of forces from the Night Lords and Word Bearers traitor legions. Hashec Tor, known as “the Hammer of Nostramo,” commanded the remnants of what is believed to have once been the 15th Company of the VIII Astartes Legion. Known for his brutal and direct way of war, he had been a constant and tenacious foe of the Imperium since the days of the Heresy. The Word Bearer forces in the Caedon Belt were lead by the shadowy figure of Othudel Los, a Dark Apostle and self proclaimed prophet of the Chaos Gods. Othudel’s corrupting influence would be felt most heavily on the shrine world of Lorian Secundus, where the horror he unleashed would become dark legend in the years to follow.

Among the worlds of the Caedon Belt, Volusia was among the first to come under attack. A recruitment world of the Marines Exemplar, Volusia was death world wreathed in temperate jungles filled with numerous forms of deadly flora and fauna. The Space Marines stationed there were able to transmit an astro-telepathic message to their chapter high command, warning of the Archenemy invasion. Responding with alacrity, the Marines Exemplar dispatched the 3rd Company, under the command of Galvias Numitor, to reclaim Volusia and the Caedon Belt in the Emperor’s name. Captain Numitor had been engaged in the desperate hunt to find their missing chapter master after his Thunderhawk was shot down on Cadia, and though it galled him to abandon the search; he obeyed his orders without question. It is perhaps because of this, that he remained bitter and callous throughout the campaign.

Volusia’s call for aide was also received by elements of the Doom Eagles chapter. Already deployed nearby, the 8th Company, led by the dour Captain Nerva Severus, raced to the aide of the beleaguered Imperial system. Throughout the war for the Caedon Belt, the Doom Eagles under Captain Severus would conduct themselves in nothing but the most exemplary manner. It would be noted in the years after, how often these valiant angels of death put the people of the Imperium before themselves. On the shrine world of Lorian Secundus however, the Doom Eagles would see their conviction tested as never before. It was here, in the darkest hours of the war, that they would lock horns with the Archenemy forces under Othudel Los, Dark Apostle of the Word Bearers Legion.  

Finally, and most intriguing of all, the war for the Caedon Belt would see the appearance of Eldar forces from the elusive Craftworld of Tri-Authren. Whatever shadowy purpose drove them to the Caedon Belt though, remains a mystery. What is known for sure is that they were lead by none other than Taldaneth Elrythian, the head seer of the Tri-Authren Eldar. Where this fell xenos sorcerer travelled, war and the attentions of dread powers were soon to follow. In fact, it was the very presence of these most ancient and powerful xenos that would eventually draw the Children of Excess, a vile warband of the Emperor’s Children Chaos Legion, to the Caedon warzone. Led by a warlord known only as Sinn, these debased warriors would ravage the sector and remain a constant and unpredictable foe throughout the war.

This bloody conflict would span several years and bring untold death and destruction to every world it touched. With six separate forces, each hiding ulterior motives and schemes; the Caedon Belt was staged to become one of most punishing and brutal battlegrounds of the late 41st millennium. The opening salvoes of the engagement were traded across the stinking swamps and hellish jungles of Volusia, where the future of a Space Marine chapter hung in the balance…

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Campaign/CaedonBeltStarmap_zpscf8fcca1.jpg

Approximate Archenemy force dispositions during the Caedon Offensive:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Campaign/60eb9dfc-c839-4ae8-8cee-9c548190f361_zpsb1ce1e25.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Campaign/206a2457-f87a-4b2e-a1ca-194245f7c1f4_zps6ea7c5ff.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Campaign/b8140b97-00c1-4719-91ed-935cc20e6ef3_zpsbb453c0f.jpg

Loyalist Astartes and Eldar Xenoform force dispositions during the Caedon Offensive:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Campaign/02701f72-8f10-4752-912f-d4a3b0ff4b8b_zps0d31730e.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Campaign/54bcdf00-a9dc-49c6-8f35-cf19d712068a_zps31acdee8.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Campaign/60e00637-edfd-42a4-84f5-58dbcff75590_zpsfdf8ead1.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the fluff, I'll be posting battle reports and narrative stuff as the story progresses. Hopefully my paint gets in as well so I can give you some more hobby updates soon.  Also expect as the campaign progresses to see some drastic character changes take place where good old Hashec is concerned, so stay tuned...

AVE DOMINUS NOX