Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

My appetite was slaked until I saw the diet coke. So then I ate a fajita and drank a real soda while staring at the tank. :wink:

EDIT: That means I like it. Especially the treads. You need to do a diorama with a Guardsman getting ran over one day!

Edited by Kol_Saresk

Looks great to start! Just enough extra gross bits to look awesome without delving into overdone or cheesy.

Those are the "dominator" tracks from Blood n' Skulls industry, correct? How do you find them to work with

Thanks Flint, and these are the 'Oppressor' pattern treads. Kind of a pain in the butt to work with, however the Rhino tread versions were impossible. Ended up just using regular Rhino treads. Ammonius is to date the only one I've seen make the Rhino Oppressor treads work.

That's a sweet looking tank Heinrich!  Oddball question for you: is the height of the columns in the side sponsons roughly the same height as those on a traditional land raider?  I'm curious if one could theoretically fit some old metal crusader hurricane bolters in that beast. 

Thanks, it looks like they might have the height, however the width I would worry about as hurricane bolters are a fairly blocky contraption. I say go for it however, if you can pull it off mkIIb hurricane bolter sponsons would be sweet! 

Looking good! I like the alternate sponsons, and of course the oppressor treads. Handle with care! :smile.:

Thanks man she's a spiky bitch for sure ;)

I had been searching the internet for inspiration to use toward the Night Lords warband I am beginning to plan out to fight alongside the Word Bearers I have on my bench when I came across pictures of Hashec Tor and the Atramentar you had beautifully built!! I looked all over the place for any further info, only to find you here on B & C where until recently I never ventured outside of the Fang...

Your army is incredible!! The characterization of each model shows the devotion and dedication you have to the army, bravo.

Now some day our paths may cross so do not be alarmed if you see some ideas mirrored back at you!! My thanks to you (and Dan) in advance!!

Good luck in Badab brother!!

End of Line

Thank you! I'm always happy to inspire and be inspired in turn. It always makes my day to hear about more hobbyists joining the fold of the VIII Legion. Ave Dominus Nox brother!

My appetite was slaked until I saw the diet coke. So then I ate a fajita and drank a real soda while staring at the tank. :wink:

EDIT: That means I like it. Especially the treads. You need to do a diorama with a Guardsman getting ran over one day!

Not to worry, I use that diet coke can for dirty airbrush water lol. Come on, you seriously think a true son of Nostramo would drink that crap? Thanks as well for the compliment, I'd love to do a diorama like that, maybe I can work it into a removable display base so I can still play with it.

The Reaper: Hashec Tor Reborn

Under emerald skies the warrior will fall,

His rage forever quenched.

The kiss of the sun shall break him.

The shadow of death shall cover him.

In darkness, a traveller he will meet,

His guide along the path.

In hatred he shall be armored.

With vengeance he shall be armed.

Seven times the bell will toll,

A call to those beyond.

The great father shall laugh anew

and death shall ride again…

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/a71855b0-35b5-4d53-baac-6673b90df06c_zps37af943b.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/03a35493-f958-441e-b56f-b4ea665a0a15_zps8e4d2dbd.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/8bfb4d05-0559-47b8-9488-a13d5f1cf634_zpsaf0a7318.jpg

AVE DOMINUS NOX

Edited by Brother Heinrich

Think the head is a FW Khorne terminator head.

Heinrick. You really need to put 'CAUTION - CONTAINS EXTREME AWESOMNESS' on your thread. Best biker I've seen.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, glad you all caught onto his Doomrider leanings (Always been my favorite unique character in the 40k universe). I basically got tired of terminator Hashec getting continually one-shotted in all of my games so I went back to the drawing board and came up with a Nurgle biker lord armed with the Black Mace and a power axe. Now I just have to weave the narrative, and if you couldn't tell by my feeble attempt at prophecy, I've already got some good ideas of where to go... 

Are you using just a really thin gage(?) of necklace chain for that chain, Heinrich? Incredible model. Any new tips or news I've missed on what you plan to tackle for Badab?

The chain is from one of my wife's old necklaces that, thankfully, was rather long. As far as Badab goes I've back-burnered it for now because school and life have gotten rather busy, I do intend to return to that at a later date. For now I'm just focusing on finishing up the 15th company.

Wow Heinrich!! What an amazing looking model!! The skull on the fender just makes the model plunge over the edge into the pool of cool!! Bravo!!

What/where is the head from??

End of Line

As Forte said, the head is from the FW Khorne Berzerker set. The skull on the front fender is the Zombie Dragon from the Vampire Counts Fantasy army.

Think the head is a FW Khorne terminator head.

Heinrick. You really need to put 'CAUTION - CONTAINS EXTREME AWESOMNESS' on your thread. Best biker I've seen.

Thanks man! Also good job on your Night Lord, he's a fitting member of the VIII Legion.

Many thanks coming from someone who's thread had me wanting to do a Night Lord or two. A kill team may happen in the future too but for now the Dark Prince calls. Will certainly be watching your thread constantly though.

Well I've already been beaten to the punch on the doom rider / dr. Rockso reference and a gif of the boys from dethklok(and rightfully so, that model is pretty :cuss brutal) so I'm gobsmacked over I I should go for the trifecta or reference something else from the world of metal... "Fight undying and eternal, Wheels bring death and pain infernal! Honour bound in strength repleated, to no end they're undefeated! ...Hellrider!"

Hmm, you may call me crazy of course, but seeing how this thread always seems to be about background as much as about the actual models, I'll still point it out:

The new biker lord is a great conversion, and I suppose he makes a lot of sense from a gameplay perspective. But having seen Hashec Tor in his terminator incarnation, I'll just go ahead and say that this guy just can't compare. Is he a great model and an impressive chaos lord? Indubitably. But he's no Hashec Tor. At least that's how it seems to me.

Now I do of course realise that I cannot tell you who and what is or isn't Hashec Tor, since the character is yours. As is the army. But why not have this guy be one of his lieutenants (or, indeed, his second in command?), leading warbands of the 15th in his absence? That way, you get to create yet another impressive character (which is a win for us all).

It's your call, of course, but I just wanted to point this out, since I consider myself a huge fan of this army! And, in any case, amazing work!

Hmm, you may call me crazy of course, but seeing how this thread always seems to be about background as much as about the actual models, I'll still point it out:

The new biker lord is a great conversion, and I suppose he makes a lot of sense from a gameplay perspective. But having seen Hashec Tor in his terminator incarnation, I'll just go ahead and say that this guy just can't compare. Is he a great model and an impressive chaos lord? Indubitably. But he's no Hashec Tor. At least that's how it seems to me.

Now I do of course realise that I cannot tell you who and what is or isn't Hashec Tor, since the character is yours. As is the army. But why not have this guy be one of his lieutenants (or, indeed, his second in command?), leading warbands of the 15th in his absence? That way, you get to create yet another impressive character (which is a win for us all).

It's your call, of course, but I just wanted to point this out, since I consider myself a huge fan of this army! And, in any case, amazing work!

I've been thinking about that as well, what if I swap out the head for the same one that Hashec currently has in terminator armor? It would probably help the continuity of the character while still looking badass. My plan had been to paint the face inside the helmet like bone as if he was a walking corpse that shouldn't be, but I can also see the value of preserving the essence of the original.

Also as much as I love terminator Hashec, it gets depressing seeing a model I spent months perfecting get gunned down every. single. game. Force weapons, meltaguns, missile launchers, lascannons, powerfists... Everyone I game with is so scared of him that he never gets to be his badass self and I hate that with a vengeance. I could really care less if the claws get wiped out, the weapons teams get murdered and even the Atramentar get blown to bits (sorry everyone, but YOU chose to be part of the 15th, no one said it'd be easy street ;) ) but I just want my chaos lord to be that one indomitable character you see in the fluff. A towering menace thats harder to kill than a T-1000. 

Maybe its my curse for trying to make the tabeltop live up to my fluff expectations, but hey I don't think most of us would play chaos if it weren't for that hopeless line of thinking. In the novels (the good ones anyway) we are absolute badasses, we model our armies thinking that, and go to the table with that mindset as well. Unfortunately thats where GW has it's revenge and all of our awesome-ness gets crumpled up like paper and we die in droves.

Hence why I rebuilt him better, faster, and stronger. His first demo game he killed three squads of Doom Eagles, THREE. Two assault and one tactical. That is more than Hashec has done in his entire freaking life on the tabletop. I love generating that fear on the tabletop, not to where people don't want to face me, but to where you take a build that isn't optimized for competitive play (no heldrakes, no plague marines, no demon allies) and still give them a horrendous thrashing that makes them go, "wait, isn't chaos supposed to be a weak codex?" No matter how much they emasculate our armies, I refuse to just bend over and take it, I'm bringing fear back brother, and it rides a midnight horse made of steel.