Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

love your nightlords!! after seeing what you dark ven and others are doing and  with what I learned from Dan i'm really gonna have to up my work and focus on my own 8th legion. having them on the back burner while waiting for massacre might have been a bad thing but with all your work i'm inspired to get back to them early. Thanks for the inspiration and looking forward to more!

I'll believe that when I see it.

Brother it grows and my love for this thread grows even more, the second there's an update I'm on here!

You do the night lords justice

Thanks brother, stay tuned for today :wink:

love your nightlords!! after seeing what you dark ven and others are doing and  with what I learned from Dan i'm really gonna have to up my work and focus on my own 8th legion. having them on the back burner while waiting for massacre might have been a bad thing but with all your work i'm inspired to get back to them early. Thanks for the inspiration and looking forward to more!

Thanks, always good to get a bigger Night Lords presence going!

Where did you get the little chain and balls from?

The chain came from one of my wife's old necklaces and the beads are 1mm micro beads I got off Ebay, they're pretty easy to find. 

Edited by Brother Heinrich

B&C Look out WE HAVE COME FOR YOU... The 8th are taking over, one forum at a time:devil:

Brother I extend the greetings of the 21st Coh. We shall burn the empire of the false emperor (thought the 15th will look better doing it ).

I would like to offer helpful and insightful commentary but all I can really say is Awesome keep it up.     

B&C Look out WE HAVE COME FOR YOU... The 8th are taking over, one forum at a time:devil:

Brother I extend the greetings of the 21st Coh. We shall burn the empire of the false emperor (thought the 15th will look better doing it ).

I would like to offer helpful and insightful commentary but all I can really say is Awesome keep it up.     

Haha Ave Dominus Nox brother, 'The Pretty' 15th stand ever ready for war (and inspections ;) )

Greetings brothers...

++++

Vadrek dodged a sweeping cut from the Templar's roaring chainsword. The young Space Marine's swings were powerful, but direct and lacking in finesse, just like his chapter as a whole. Vadrek laughed at the knight's efforts, the sound serving only to infuriate the Templar further.

"Fight me you traitorous coward!"

Vadrek didn't even bother to respond, he'd had enough toying with this young pup. The Templar swung a vicious overhand cut at Vadrek's helm, as the blade neared it's target a slight moment of satisfaction flashed across the knight's features. Vadrek moved faster than the eye could follow and caught the swordsman's arm in his crushing grip. A moment of surprise replaced the knight's confident features, and in that moment Vadrek broke the Knight's wrist and cannoned a clawed gauntlet into the soft armor at the Templar's neck. With a sharp twist, Vadrek ripped the knight's throat out. Choking and vomiting blood, the knight stumbled forward past Vadrek, his eyes wide with shock. As he passed Vadrek, the Night Lord swung his deactivated power sword in a perfect cut at the base of the Templar's skull, severing the dying Marine's head.

"You dropped something."

Vadrek spoke with a voice as deep as the abyss, tinged by the mechanical growl of his war helm. He went over and picked up the Templar's head by it's dirty blond hair. Turning, he keyed into 1st Claw's comm channel.

"1st Claw, regroup."

Vadrek could hear the roars and predator shrieks of 1st Claw as they tore apart the Black Templar initiates. Such weak prey these days, not a swordsman among them. His humors waxed melancholic as he realized they would never again see the days when Legionnaires like Sigismund or Sevatar strode the stars. Gone were the times of true warriors, all that was left now was a dead corpse for predators like himself to tear away at in remorse.

1st Claw gradually filtered into the destroyed plaza where Vadrek had cut the young Templar down. First came Xargoth, his wicked chainsword resting on his bronze edged pauldron. Red, chiropteran wings rose from his ceremonial helm, the face of which was painted with a killer's murder mask. From his belt hung the desiccated head of an Adepta Sororitas sister he had killed during the massacre of Geniod V. Behind Xargoth came Cor Varus, his armor festooned with molecular bonding studs and layered armor plating. Cor Varus had a penchant for running headfirst into fire-points and bunkers, screaming wordlessly from the demon mask of his war helm. In his left fist he held a vicious war-axe, it's wide blade narrowed to aide in piercing armor. A third Astartes dropped from a roof overlooking the plaza. Vadrek nodded to the warrior.

"Rautha."

Rautha returned the nod. Vadrek and Rautha had run together in the same gang during their youth on Nostramo, before they had been elevated to become super human warriors of the Legionnes Astartes. Where Vadrek had been destined for command, Rautha was a resolute an implacable warrior who had seen service with the Legion boarding squads back in the days when such formations mattered. He still bore his mark III chest plate  though the rest of his armor had been replaced over the years with pieces scavenged from dead brothers and enemies alike. From his wast dangled the thigh bones of dead Adepta Sororitas sisters.

The rest of 1st Claw soon gathered, Herak, Einar and Zon Gar came from the north, while Lucorus, Sevac and Shaara stalked in from the west. They all bore the signs of recent fighting, their boots caked in the dust of Fortis Epsilon. Ten superhuman warriors gathered amidst the corpses and ash of a dying world. This was what they were bred for, what their minds and souls were made for. The strong prey on the weak, so has it been, so shall it ever be.

Beneath his skull-faced helm, Vadrek grinned.    

+++

As promised, here is 1st Claw in midnight clad:

Cor Varus, 1st Claw, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1cdd1c8b-a0c1-4804-9fb9-b2031efda268_zps026e4700.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/268b51b3-013e-462b-b67a-7388bf211ef4_zpsaf852fc7.jpg

Xargoth, 1st Claw, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/ef5eeda0-ddb8-487c-987e-2682271bfe0d_zpsd0dc4e86.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/bbbac9f8-a976-46eb-8eee-5269507fb2e7_zps64645527.jpg

Rautha, 1st Claw, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/60ab3cc1-ad38-4220-a572-6e53c34c3b6c_zpsb835733b.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/455ed4a4-7ae2-488d-8f3e-389f5a84bd01_zps7d583708.jpg

Vadrek, Sergeant, 1st Claw, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/8619f956-2a12-4b2e-bc12-93682b55270b_zpsa7da61ba.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/92d4c282-473b-4518-80e5-e26ab2420374_zps5c09c74c.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/d836725a-2c9e-401e-90cd-2f57d60f114e_zps02e9f6e4.jpg

1st Claw, 15th Company, VIII Legion Astartes.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/6be2a59b-6430-4557-973d-f2d9a5f85aca_zps79495883.jpg

Really pleased with these guys and stoked to continue this project, your guys' comments really help to motivate me and keep me going on this dark path, so thank you! More to come soon and as always C&C welcome.

Ave Dominus Nox. 

They look really, really nice.

May I ask you, how do you take pictures of your miniatures (any tricks for camera, lighting, editing)? 'cause I myself always have issues with that.

They look really, really nice.

May I ask you, how do you take pictures of your miniatures (any tricks for camera, lighting, editing)? 'cause I myself always have issues with that.

Thanks Ven! I live for your praise ;) As for the lighting this is the setup I use:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/602004_10152121848098761_1494305342_n_zpsd397f967.jpg

The pictures I just take with the camera on my iPhone 5, crazy what technology can do these days.

Really awesome stuff. I love these Night Lords. Don't normally go for them, but this is a classy log.

Thanks for posting the lightbox as well - looks so easy to make, and delivers great results!

Edit: Also, quick Q - did you spray the inside of the box white (GW?) or did it come that way? Just wondering how light-friendly the GW spray paint would be.

Edited by BrotherCaptainArkhan

Heinrich I love the fluff and 1st claw are superb!

I can't wait for a army shot once you have some more done up :wink:

Thanks brother, I'm going to try and finalize 2nd Claw tonight and hopefully primer them, I want to get all the damn troops out of the way as that's usually my biggest roadblock with painting an army.

The squad is fantastic. You captured the Night Lord feel perfectly. The Champion is my favorite. His pose and the bits you used on him make outstanding. 

Thank you, really wanted him to be the best of the best, you don't get to lead 1st Claw by being a slouch.

Really awesome stuff. I love these Night Lords. Don't normally go for them, but this is a classy log.

Thanks for posting the lightbox as well - looks so easy to make, and delivers great results!

Edit: Also, quick Q - did you spray the inside of the box white (GW?) or did it come that way? Just wondering how light-friendly the GW spray paint would be.

Thanks, glad to make a positive Night Lords impression! As far as the lightbox goes, yes I did spray the inside, though a word of caution, don't spray-paint over tape as it will flake off and constantly annoy you, hence why I will be building a new box when I stop being lazy.

Yeah the Champion looks the biz.

Especially since I just noticed that the loyalist helmet he happens to be standing on is a Templar. If you can take down a Templar you're doin something right. 

Sgt. Varek does alright ;) He's also got a templar sword, he was my little nod towards AD-B's books, basically a 15th Company Talos with a sword that the Templars keep trying to kill him to reclaim, so far, no dice.... :devil:

Yeah, the templar head is a nice touch.

What's the filter material in your lightbox? it looks like you've got a pretty great setup there.

Thanks, the filter material is actually just a plain white T-shirt I cut up. I made the whole light-box for about $5.

Dinner before dessert brother ;) I'm not finished with it yet, still have more grisly trophies to add. I'm also on the fence with my vehicles and whether or not to put chaos trim on them. On one hand it looks cool if done right, on the other its a major pain in the butt. So I'm kind of at an impasse at the moment. 

Hmmmm... I personally hate the chaos trim as it adds the whole sm csm thing csm are am with spikes. I like the idea of changing it up, I was considering making a gladiator style LR but can't figure how to do it.

How many claws you opting for?

Yeah I think I'm going to skip it and go the same route as Dan the Daemon, more functional gritty look, though I want some bladed LR tracks before I decide to paint it, that thing needs to look brutal. As far as the claws I'm just doing 2 for now. Might do raptors or havocs, probably gonna rebirth my old Iron Warriors vindicators too.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Terror Rises!