Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

So here's a quick update, work and indecision got in the way of productivity (as usual) so I didn't get much done today. Once again there was a couple guys who just didn't feel quite right to me, so I tweaked their poses to something that felt more natural and fitting. First up is the Minotaur Renegade:

I swapped out his legs for one of my old World Eaters Legion MkIV set and added more chains. I also hung the helmet of one of his former brothers from his waist. I wanted all of my Renegades to have trophies of former brethren, a test to ensure their loyalty to the VIII Legion and 15th Company. Let me know what you think.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1149064_10152144236913761_578141886_n_zps5e681830.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/983_10152144236988761_967329008_n_zps2a90ef8f.jpg

Next was the second plasma gunner from 2nd Claw, his original running pose reeked. With the way MkIII war plate and the helm fit it made him look like he was staring at his feet. After much tearing apart and gnashing of teeth, I gave him a more relaxed pose that I feel captures his menace better. I aimed for an element of realism with the gunner, from the easily reached pouches containing spare plasma cells on the front of his chest plate, to the way he's got his rifle tucked under his arm, I wanted to put some of my now relatively useless military experience into making him look like an actual warrior. Again, C&C appreciated.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1002881_10152144237013761_1051610752_n_zps5e763352.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1000924_10152144237053761_1099313814_n_zps3ad13ccf.jpg

Finally here's a bit of a treat; The "Imperial Eagle" on the front of 2nd Claw's whip:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1150159_10152144236878761_1707533107_n_zps9464d1a8.jpg

Ave Dominus Nox brothers.

Hehe, I still love that Rhino. Reminds me of that scene from Silence of the Lambs.

Hmm, the Second Claw gunner does have a bit more....... Presence. But at the same time, the way he is handling his plasma gun seems more relaxed than menacing. I mean, I get you were aiming for more relaxed, but if I read your post correctly, the relaxation was to help him look more menacing. The way he's holding the weapon comes across as "Hold on, just let me get this thing settled on my hip. I'll get to carving you into pieces shortly." At least, that's the impression that I got. Maybe add a strap so it looks like he's holding it steady rather than forcing it against his hip?

Hehe, I still love that Rhino. Reminds me of that scene from Silence of the Lambs.

Hmm, the Second Claw gunner does have a bit more....... Presence. But at the same time, the way he is handling his plasma gun seems more relaxed than menacing. I mean, I get you were aiming for more relaxed, but if I read your post correctly, the relaxation was to help him look more menacing. The way he's holding the weapon comes across as "Hold on, just let me get this thing settled on my hip. I'll get to carving you into pieces shortly." At least, that's the impression that I got. Maybe add a strap so it looks like he's holding it steady rather than forcing it against his hip?

Good point, time to grab that spare chain again...

And I just messed myself :wink: love it brother wouldn't mind you making me one

:biggrin.:

My birthdays Saturday hint hint

I'd be happy to make one for ya brother, though I don't think it'll arrive in time lol

Hmmm yes that would suffice :smile.:

I think it's pretty bad ass and I'm trying to think up how to do my rhinos I want some marines hung on butchers chains, may have to raid some fantasy kits :/

Beastmen, Vampire Counts, and Warriors of chaos all have excellent bits for severed heads, corpses and all sorts of good gribblies. For GS work invest in a set of rubber color shapers, size 0. Those things blew my mind when I first used them.

Finally here's a bit of a treat; The "Imperial Eagle" on the front of 2nd Claw's whip:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1150159_10152144236878761_1707533107_n_zps9464d1a8.jpg

Now THIS  is what I'm talking about, brother. Extremely nasty and gruesome, as it should be. There's a lot of promise in this, keep it up Heinrich.

Thanks guys! Your comments really help keep the infernal engines of my creativity going, I might do a little more shredded arm muscle at the shoulders, just for some added savagery. I'm currently waiting on a few sets of Machinator's awesome Oppressor treads. Those things blew my mind when I found them, perfect for the kind of fear inducing brutality the Night Lords are known for.

I'm currently at an impasse though with the other hood ornament, I'm not sure how to go about messing his armor up without making it look shoddy. I'm thinking about cutting the chest piece off and doing flayed muscle and stuff but I'm not sure. I did the blood eagle on him like it would realistically look with his cut ribs poking out from behind him, but unfortunately they don't come out very far (seeing as Astartes don't have 3 foot long ribs) so I'm trying to think of another way to make him almost as brutalized as 2nd Claws trophy.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/249072_10152146205098761_533711719_n_zpsc9a9e973.jpg

I usually get good creative advice from my wife as well, she doesn't do the hobby but she has an eye for things that look off, so I usually show her all my latest work. After showing her 2nd Claws hood ornament, she turned to me and said, "Do I need to worry about you becoming a serial killer?" 

... I took it as a compliment :wink:

Ave Dominus Nox brothers.

Edited by Brother Heinrich

Damn your lady be trippin!

There's no turning into a serial killer, your already there :D

And I swear if I can't get my opressor treads it's on.

What size did you order for the rhino?

Ohh and on the torso how about cutting the chest off and having some shafts sticking out through the guts?

Damn your lady be trippin!

There's no turning into a serial killer, your already there :biggrin.:

And I swear if I can't get my opressor treads it's on.

What size did you order for the rhino?

Ohh and on the torso how about cutting the chest off and having some shafts sticking out through the guts?

The Rhino size is 00, Landraider is 0. By shafts do you mean spikes?

I wouldn't recommend making another blood eagle out of the space marine, their ribcage is supposed to be fused into one big bony structure during their metamorphosis into astartes.  Have you considered having him impaled downward from his throat to his groin and horizontally below his armpits with broken swords in a mockery of the Templar Cross?  That might be a fitting trophy and terror weapon for the broken sons of Curze fighting against the Templars and their allies.

I wouldn't recommend making another blood eagle out of the space marine, their ribcage is supposed to be fused into one big bony structure during their metamorphosis into astartes.  Have you considered having him impaled downward from his throat to his groin and horizontally below his armpits with broken swords in a mockery of the Templar Cross?  That might be a fitting trophy and terror weapon for the broken sons of Curze fighting against the Templars and their allies.

You sure you aren't a son of Nostramo? That is a brilliant idea, grabbing my cutters as we speak. You make a good point about the fuzed ribcage as well. I just realized with that statement that my favorite scene in Graham McNeil's short story "Chains of Command" makes no sense at all lol. Cool as the imagery of blood-eagled space marines is, it's physiologically impossible. 

The crucified with swords is to cool to pass on but alternatively you could cut his armour open and then flay him down to the black carapace in a sort of reversed blood eagle way with his breast plate and epidemis as the wings. :devil: This would also leave his gene seed handily available in case any of 1st claw fancied a snack. 

You sure you aren't a son of Nostramo? That is a brilliant idea, grabbing my cutters as we speak. You make a good point about the fuzed ribcage as well. I just realized with that statement that my favorite scene in Graham McNeil's short story "Chains of Command" makes no sense at all lol. Cool as the imagery of blood-eagled space marines is, it's physiologically impossible. 

Terran born 1st Legion since Rogue Trader but I just read Vulkan Lives and Blood and Fire.  I also happen to know way too much about Horus Heresy and 40K lore and background.  Despite my firm loyalty to the Dark Angels I love what you have done with your army and fluff.  Every miniature is characterful and unique, exactly what a chaos space marine army should look like.  Your troops really do look like veterans of the long war whether they like it or not.

Terran born 1st Legion since Rogue Trader but I just read Vulkan Lives and Blood and Fire.  I also happen to know way too much about Horus Heresy and 40K lore and background.  Despite my firm loyalty to the Dark Angels I love what you have done with your army and fluff.  Every miniature is characterful and unique, exactly what a chaos space marine army should look like.  Your troops really do look like veterans of the long war whether they like it or not.

The first Legion may not have my love, but they will always have my respect, the brawl between Kurze and the Lion on Tsagualsa is my hands down favorite primarch fight, the single most hate fueled, down-in-the-dirt fight I've ever read. The Angels have handed the sons of Nostramo their own asses enough times for us to develop a healthy respect for what your legion does. Thank you for your compliments, it mean a lot to hear that my vision has come across well to others through my modeling. With the Siege of Terra only being a few hundred years ago for these guys, it's only fitting they have pieces of their old armor, scavenged pieces and bonding studs everywhere holding them together so they might continue to fight the long war. I never liked the idea of fully warped Chaos marines unless they were possessed or truly had spent 10,000 years in the warp. 

Well at the cost of blood for the Blood God...

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/1080905_10152146343463761_374685299_n_zpsc8cf1dec.jpg

I've started the refurbished trophy befitting 1st Claws Rhino. When the muscles have set he's gonna get some wings made from his own flesh and I think I might either go with Mikhail's idea or do a rendition of the dude in that game Dante's Inferno, and have some purity seals or oath's of moment sewn in a cross to his chest.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/1208600_10152146343458761_1662568238_n_zps51d1ea48.jpg

Here's the thing I'm thinking about:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z265/orionpax636/figures/IMG_2357.jpg

Edited by Brother Heinrich