Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Oh excellent, that's even better. I can almost hear the horrific sound it would make.

This came to mind:

https://golly geebabe.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/chappie-26-gif-amerika-is-divided-golly gee-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif
Edited by Brother Tyler
Image changed to link - warning for viewers - graphic violence

Glorious. I pity immensely that tank commander. Will he (and his tank) be painted up in the colors of your IX?

Oh, and regards your thoughts on cables/Rogue Trader art: I completely agree. It's the coolest set of concepts of RT that hasn't quite made it into today's 40k. That raw, unfiltered brutality that those pieces, and your models, are evoking. It's a very different feel than the almost sterilized feel that modern Space Marines have a bit of, and it's very appealing.

oICHm1K.png

"...Remember us not as we are, nor as we were. Spare us your accusations and your tears. We were not made to stand in the light. We were born in blood and darkness, and it is to them that we return..."

- Encrypted vox fragment recovered during the Second Siege of Terra. Believed to be the final testament of Traitor Warlord Hashec Tor, former Centurion Enforcer of 1st Terror Battalion, 15th Company, VIII Legion (Night Lords)

++++++++

tdGPaNK.jpg

szdE3uC.jpg

hbl91C0.jpg

BHi4ZYW.jpg

r6Sm6cs.jpg

D1Ol0fE.jpg

ecFrlO3.jpg

0gWnXdY.jpg

U6kV8c7.jpg

mzOuH6p.jpg

13cYzUV.jpg

cqstLGO.jpg

I5LgRjz.jpg

H1fFzZC.jpg

ptC5F77.jpg

1pLkLd9.jpg

YO1PVmZ.jpg

PQiE02X.jpg

sRV31Tc.jpg

GPP4kNH.jpg

++++++++

Well ladies and gentlemen, Hashec Tor's 15th Company Warband sold the other day to a nice fellow in Kentucky who is both appreciative and very enthusiastic about the army. I'm extremely pleased they'll be going to a good home and I've linked him this thread and told him about the forums in the hope that he'll drop by and let us know how the 15th are fairing in a new part of galaxy. For posterity's sake I went through and photographed them all before they disappear into the warp. 

It's a bittersweet feeling to be sure. This army seems like it was built as much by me, as this community. It was also a cathartic release in the days following the end of my time in the Marine Corps. Suffice to say, there's a lot of emotion and memories tied to this little collection of models. It's the end of an era to be sure, but I hope that means the new one being ushered in is that much brighter(darker). Thank you to everyone for your support, advice, comments, criticisms, and input through the years. It means the world to me and really makes this community what it is (despite the recent allowance of filthy xenos).

So cheers to you all.

++++++++

And to Dan and Heathens, wherever you are I hope you're whole, well, and fighting the good fight. I love you brothers and miss you like hell.

One Shot. One Kill.

SrEgJIF.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

Glad they went to a good home, bro! I've never had the guts to sell any of my stuff so props to you for having the guts move them on. I can only imagine the conflicting emotions that you must be feeling (sad to see them go, but happy that someone else will be able to enjoy them).

Looking forward to seeing the new 15th Company progress :tu:

Thanks for the kind words all. With the 15th Company Warband lost to the warp, this clock is now permanently set to M31, so strap on your Mark III, grab your Volkite charger, and stab your brother in the back. Heresy here we come.

Did some test fit on the Cerastus' armor plates, debating which set of shoulders to go with. Thoughts all?

ZTB7fH1.jpg

qgnincs.jpg

- AVE DOMINUS NOX -

The Chaos-loving brutalist in me wants to go with the first set, bam, easy, that's all, folks. But...I'm also caught by a thought about your army's visual themes, especially the walkers - there's a feel of fallen glory to them. They've only just begun down the path of the traitor, not yet gone full-out spikes and chains, still caught in the Night Lords' contradiction of Imperial benevolence and draconian punishment. It's a cool look, and I think that second set brings the theme forward more - the smooth contours of the traditional Knightly shoulders, hung with bones and terror-trophies. I think it works.

Just my late-night ramblings, of course, and I'm sure it'll utterly rule whichever way you choose.

Edited by Lexington