Heresy Era Iron Warriors, with new True Scale Mk II Marine

Doghouse

The scale is spot on thumbsup.gif I really like how they look beside "normal" humans. I'm looking forward to see those new dynamic poses. The base style you are going for is to my liking as well.

I guess I can live with IW instead of NL :)

Cheers guys! :)

To be honest I'd rather do Night Lords but once assembled these guys scream IW to me, mainly because of the helmet I guess. But that doesn't mean that I can't include some NLs in the army, I want to do a proper art work style recon marines with the big packs or some jump pack marines for the army.

The big push for this force will be at the end of the month when I can stock up on supplies, for now it'll be the ten marines and their captain.

malika666: I'll be keeping these as simple as possible tbh, I do have some truescale vehicles on the go but they won't be anything more than a Land Raider and Rhino variants at most. My main goal is to get an army together for a game versus Apologist.

Fist of Dorn: They're not too bad to make, third edition has all the scales in there so it's a handy reference source. It more about sitting down and making templates but I'm more of an infantry kind of guy anyway.

Casting them up has to save you a mental breakdown man!! ;)... So excited to watch your progress on this project. I have put my TS wolves on the back burner as Ive been working on my guard army BUT seeing you back on the boards has resparked an interest :) ...thanks man

Cant wait to see the poses you are able to twist and turn out of the molds!!!

Cheers mate. :)

Yeah it is so much easier this way, I'm easily distracted normally but I have nearly got the first ten together already which is kind of a first for me. I'll try and get some more pictures up tomorrow but I'm glad that it is inspiring you to work more on your wolves, one of the best compliments I can get in my book.

I'm playing around with true scale terminators to go with them but they still need some work.

Good to see back Doghouse, especially with such a project. I hope you'll manage dynamic poses, but even like that they look ace, that scale is awesome. An adversary of value (on the modelling side at least :)) for Apologist.

I would really like to see such a battle on the table irl !

When you back on battlefield? I'm in desperate need of a decent chopper gunner & rob can't hit the side of land raider. Keepup the good work mate

Says you who gets shot down every 2 seconds.

But doghouse....when are you back online? We miss u....

Cheers mate. smile.png

Yeah it is so much easier this way, I'm easily distracted normally but I have nearly got the first ten together already which is kind of a first for me. I'll try and get some more pictures up tomorrow but I'm glad that it is inspiring you to work more on your wolves, one of the best compliments I can get in my book.

I'm playing around with true scale terminators to go with them but they still need some work.

What kind of Terminators? Indomitus, Tartaros or Cataphractii? Personally I was hoping you might be doing something like this...

I'm hoping for cataphractii, the old ones with the round heads and useless pauldrons never made sense to me. I think the only way I could ever justify them at all was by saying they were robots, cause the anatomy made no sense to my brain. It also allowed for better conversions.

Dorn/Tellos: I'll probably be back at some point soon to show you both how to fly top gun style. msn-wink.gif

Not sure about the Terminators just yet, I was playing around with Centurions as the basis of the models but I may just sculpt my own to be honest.

Ok really quick update

Still rough WIP stuff but I am confident they will clean up nicely.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/003-4.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/002-4.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/001-6.jpg

Cheers mate smile.png

No it's pretty much a solid block really but should look the part hopefully. I'd like to make some turrets and sponsons so I can add predators to the army.

Ok another quick update. Been ages since I picked up a paint brush but I have started the Captain for the army now, still very messy at the moment but he's getting there slowly. I've tried some FW guard next to him and he kind of looks a bit too big for them to be honest. What I might do is carry on with my extended Guard models I made a while back as they seem to fit well.

For me one of the biggest appeals of the IW is that of all the traitor legions these guys seem the most unfairly mislead. They were forced into the harshest duties and pretty much got the short end of the stick imo.

To represent this I want a very worn and tired look to the force, these guys have been through hell together and I will do my best to show that in the models themselves.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/003-5.jpg

It's pretty simple, bolt gun metal with a badab wash then going over it with watered down bolt gun metal. I'll try and do the same with mine, I might sneak a few NLs into the mix so trophies on them would look pretty cool.

Not got any pictures just yet but I am working hard on these guys, I've replaced the head of the captain/praetor with a regular plastic one from the tactical set because it just looks a bit more mariney to me. Iv'e also cleaned him up a bit as well adding a few more details, really I need to get my hands on the army list but that will have to wait for now.

Archived