++ Hexfleet Virules ++ (Nurgle CSM, Daemons, and R&H)

Lagrath

If you don't care about objective secured PMs, you can just take whoever you want in the Purged formation from IA:13. Nurgle elite choices as many as you want.

Wait seriously? I can just take elites if I want not troops???? Oh boy does that sound good I can go full plague marines and take plague bearer as allies for objective secured

If you don't care about objective secured PMs, you can just take whoever you want in the Purged formation from IA:13. Nurgle elite choices as many as you want.

Wait seriously? I can just take elites if I want not troops???? Oh boy does that sound good I can go full plague marines and take plague bearer as allies for objective secured

Just to clarify, you can indeed take just Elites, the FoC has two elites as compulsory.

Its not in IA:13 though, its in IA:Siege of Vraks

good fun too

On another note Lagrath how do you find your Nurgle mutilators preform since you take 2 seperate ones as part of the purge and how do you run them? do you deep strike them

I've talked about them before in this thread, but generally they feel useful even though in reality they don't do much. I deep strike them to objectives or near weak enemy squads or vehicles. Lack of run move stinks (lol Nurgle!) but they are honestly pretty tough for just over 60 points. Anything that can really kill it in melee is probably too important to go chasing after 1 mutilator, so they often end up sitting on points and scoring maelstrom points each round.

I am bringing the same list I mentioned above to a tournament tomorrow, so I hope they work well with my combo of mass shooting + speedy assault units. They can be back-up to stuck fights. I haven't been to a tournament since the spring so I hope I am not too rusty.

Hexfleet Virules Tournament Report: Houston, TX (January 10, 2016)

Today I attended my only tournament in the last 9 months other than one in August. I ran a themed Vraks eastern front army with Vraksian Renegades and the Vraks Nurgle formation.

Format: 1850 points with mixed Maelstrom and Anvil of War, with special tweaks based on Adepticon for drawing cards and scoring the Anvil objective

List: Hexfleet Virules 1850 Triple Chaos - "The Sins of Vraks" (themed after the Chaos Nurgle mixed forced on the eastern front of the battle of Vraks)

12509084_470347836491193_188889267407991

The Purge Detachment (Vraksian Renegades and Heretics) [Primary Detachment]

HQ

Renegade Command Squad: 1x Arch Demagogue (Ordnance Tyrant Devotion, laspistol, close combat weapon), 4x Disciples (laspistols, close combat weapons)

Elites

3x Renegade Chaos Spawn

3x Renegade Chaos Spawn

3x Renegade Chaos Spawn

3x Renegade Chaos Spawn

Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers

Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers

Heavy Support

Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 4x Crew, weapons training

Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 4x Crew, weapons training

Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 5x Crew, weapons training

Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 5x Crew, weapons training

The Purge Detachment (Chaos Space Marines)

HQ

1x Chaos Lord, mark of nurgle, chaos bike, bolt pistol, the black mace

Elites

1x Mutilator, mark of nurgle

1x Mutilator, mark of nurgle

3x Chaos Terminators, mark of nurgle, 3 combi-meltas, 2 power swords, 1 chainfist

Heavy Support

1x Maulerfiend, lasher tendrils

1x Fire Raptor, 2 reaper autocannon batteries, balefire missiles

12522943_470347866491190_466917197139043

10606486_470347886491188_758136523689833

993860_470347849824525_44148012222788361

Results: Game 1 - First round against my friend John who is an excellent player. I usually always lose if he plays Necrons with lots of Wraiths, but this time he played a very aggressive army that had two big fast units with invislibilty and other buffs, two big scary psyker flying MCs with armorbane and fleshbane both, and some Tzeentch psykers inside horror units. First turn went extremely well for him and he was all over me and the objectives, I counter positioned and counter charged to hold him in place, second turn went catastrophic for him and I bent and then broke his whole army in shooting and then melee. The ups and downs of Chaos Daemons and psychic powers! Hexfleet win 30-0.

12493544_470394126486564_435461908828521

Results: Game 2 - Second round versus Khorne Daemonkin with capture the relic. Opponent has 20 Khorne hounds in 4 squads and two Chaos Lords with relic weapons, two Heldrakes, 2 maulerfiends, two bike squads, and some cultists. I did a good job killing a lot with melee and shooting the first few turns and thought I would run awayw with the game, but he rolled unbelievable for armor and invulernable saves for 6 combat round in a row across 6 combats to keep me to a tie 15-15. Game ended early due to lack of time before I could push his remaining units off the board for a complete victory.

12402098_470494103143233_162035203890269

Results: Game 3 - Final round versus an Inquisitor, a Chapter Master with two tactical squads, a skyhammer formation, 3 centurions with just bolters in a drop pod, and two squads of Admech stuff with 3 double tap plasma cannons and the squad that shoots 18 grab shots. When he came down first turn he killed 2 maulerfiends and swarmed my lines with marines and Admech. Fortunately I had so much shooting and enough spawn units that I decimated everything that had landed as soon as I got to react next turn. I slowly wore him down until we ran out of times after 5 turns. Hexfleet win 20-10.

882784_470494949809815_89234997356726637

First place for Hexfleet Virules with 65/90 points! All glory to Nurgle and the mighty Lord Virules! Felt great to take a list with mutilators, terminators, and unmarked spawn, in a themed list, and win top prize and all the prize support!

1888709_470495909809719_7134341624968764

The Hexfleet 40k gaming room is now infused with some Khorne and a Chaos library and trophy shelf! What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/cfiJUO0.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/96y6OMI.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/VwLwFbn.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/Q266AMK.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/hShGVki.jpg?1

Today I realized I can run an even better version of my 1850 list at 1500 points at events with no detachment restrictions.

1x Ordnance Tyrant

11x Rapiers with extra crew and weapons training

12x Spawn

4x Wyverns

1x Khorne Bloodthirster with D-axe

3x Khorne Maulerfiends with lasher tendrils

1500 points exactly. Extremely fast, hits hard in CC, can kill infantry and vehicles in either shooting or melee. MCs and GMCs are harder, but the lasher tendril + d-thirster combo should hopefully take care of everything except stomp, especially at 1500. If the Khorne stuff starts killing units, I can start summoning in Bloodletters and Khorne Hounds. Only thing it can't handle is fliers, but I've found people rarely take fliers these days, and there aren't a lot of fliers at 1500 that this list would really care about anyway. And the more fliers in reserve, the more likely this army just tables everything on the ground in the first two turns.

In theory, seems brutal.

Today I realized I can run an even better version of my 1850 list at 1500 points at events with no detachment restrictions.

1x Ordnance Tyrant

12x Spawn

4x Wyverns

1500 points exactly. Extremely fast, hits hard in CC, can kill infantry and vehicles in either shooting or melee. MCs and GMCs are harder, but the lasher tendril + d-thirster combo should hopefully take care of everything except stomp, especially at 1500. If the Khorne stuff starts killing units, I can start summoning in Bloodletters and Khorne Hounds. Only thing it can't handle is fliers, but I've found people rarely take fliers these days, and there aren't a lot of fliers at 1500 that this list would really care about anyway. And the more fliers in reserve, the more likely this army just tables everything on the ground in the first two turns.

In theory, seems brutal.

What are you going to do against guard armies with mass infantry and artillery? You don't have much in the way of anti-infantry in that list. Spawn are tar pit units while Maulerfiends are anti-vehicle and D-Thirsters are anti-deathstar. Rather hilariously, a Renegade and Heretic list that follows detachment restrictions and only fields R&H units will probably win out against this build by tarpitting your assault units with zombies will chucking mortars at your artillery. Redundancy is big in this game. 

Yeah - the more infantry, the faster they die to 4 wyverns. Especially since I can fire into close combats. Between that and 12 spawn, I have zero fears about mass infantry. And maulerfiends and BT can run down non fearless squads.

1x Ordnance Tyrant

12x Spawn

4x Wyverns

In theory, seems brutal.

How does this map out across the formations to stay bound?

Renegades Purge gets OT, Wyverns, and Rapiers

Don't you need a CSM HQ and a daemon/KDK troop?  KDK can't take the Purge formation

1x Ordnance Tyrant

12x Spawn

4x Wyverns

In theory, seems brutal.

How does this map out across the formations to stay bound?

Renegades Purge gets OT, Wyverns, and Rapiers

Don't you need a CSM HQ and a daemon/KDK troop?  KDK can't take the Purge formation

There is a formation in KDK for 1 BT and a formation for one Daemon Engine, so it's 4 units in 4 formations.