I was working on some flesh flesh tearers, but now i feel the urge to paint some shrikes... as for finished works can we post the here, or would you rather have us dm you with the images?

You can absolutely throw up some images on here, I'm always interested to see what other people paint :) I'd ask that if you start to build an army that you do create your own thread though, as this one will also be used for other bits and pieces I'll be tying into the Shrine War. Plus, it also means that people won't miss any updates from yourself. I hate asking like that, as it makes me seem a tad selfish, but hopefully you understand why :) Seems to be a little Shrike community building up here...a Murder you could say!

You can absolutely throw up some images on here, I'm always interested to see what other people paint :smile.: I'd ask that if you start to build an army that you do create your own thread though, as this one will also be used for other bits and pieces I'll be tying into the Shrine War. Plus, it also means that people won't miss any updates from yourself. I hate asking like that, as it makes me seem a tad selfish, but hopefully you understand why :smile.: Seems to be a little Shrike community building up here...a Murder you could say!

I don't think this is unreasonable at all. When I ever get around to painting a Shrike it will very likely be posted in my own thread. Of course I can cross-post a shot here. Doesn't matter to me. But if someone's doing up a whole mess of them, it absolutely should be in its own thread. 

I'm not sure how I missed this WIP. Especially as you live in the same City! :laugh.:

Very good stuff so far. I especially love the shade of red. Not too dark or light :smile.:

A fellow Coventrian? I do tend to pop into GW fairly often so you might see the Shrikes in there :smile.:

I was going to go in today to try and get my first game of 7th, but by the time I'd updated my army list, it was gone 4pm! :laugh.:

Oh well, I'll ask Dave if I can get a game in at some time tomorrow :happy.:

You can absolutely throw up some images on here, I'm always interested to see what other people paint :) I'd ask that if you start to build an army that you do create your own thread though, as this one will also be used for other bits and pieces I'll be tying into the Shrine War. Plus, it also means that people won't miss any updates from yourself. I hate asking like that, as it makes me seem a tad selfish, but hopefully you understand why :) Seems to be a little Shrike community building up here...a Murder you could say!

That's not unreasonable at all. I was going to post my test minis in this thread, a tactical sergeant, a sternguard sergeant and either a vanguard vet or RAS marine along with a link to my thread if that's alright, and I was going to post a link to this thread and any other Shrike related threads you create in the first post of my thread.

Edited by tu_shan82

You can absolutely throw up some images on here, I'm always interested to see what other people paint :smile.: I'd ask that if you start to build an army that you do create your own thread though, as this one will also be used for other bits and pieces I'll be tying into the Shrine War. Plus, it also means that people won't miss any updates from yourself. I hate asking like that, as it makes me seem a tad selfish, but hopefully you understand why :smile.: Seems to be a little Shrike community building up here...a Murder you could say!

That's a given, I don't want to take over this awesome thread. 

All of my Tactical Squads are armed the same way, although as my gaming group are quite lax they don't mind me using the Grav-gun as a Plasma. They do look cool though...they remind me of the assault rifle in Halo, and they don't actually look like many other guns in 40K. 

Yeah, I get where you're coming from with arming every tactical squad the same way; I plan to field all of mine with combi-plasma, plasmagun and multimelta because I love the these weapons' strengths, ranges and looks. Good thing I intend to have three whirlwinds since I love the Hyperios turret to deal with hordes.

And yes, the graviton gun looks awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

There's some slow progress on these guys! However, I do have something a little different to post in the next few days...let's just say no one will expect it...

'The true prize of any war is to be able to write history to the terms of the victor. The truth of it ends up in the gutter with the bodies of the vanquished.'

Inquisitor Judia Isut, known as the Black Hammer.

'That bastard Isut used us as a scalpel, a tool to excise the cancer that was the Ethnarch. Only he knew that the blade would break in the process.'

Olunis Varajaisn, Chapter Master, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes. 

20150528_180037.jpg

'The Fourth Shrine War. An event that resulted in the loss of millions of lives, the death of two planets and the destruction of an ancient Knight house. All of this can be attributed to one man, Judia Isut. His ruthless pursuit of the Ethnarch led the heretic to seek refuge upon Kerishian Alpha-Seven, and Isut played this fortune like a viola. 

20150528_180050.jpg

Knowing that the Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes used Alpha-Seven as a recruitment world, Isut let the Ethnarch take root within the shrine-cities of the world, building his forces and spreading his taint throughout the sector, concealing this from the larger Imperium. A heinous crime indeed, but one that was undertaken as a matter of need. The shadow war had been fought between Isut and the Ethnarch for over a decade, and Isut believed that the time to escalate the conflict into an outright war was now. The Shrikes, elements of Knight Household Erritian and various Astra Militarum regiment were sequestered, while the Scions of Harlens World were requested as the personal combat force of Isut himself.

Indeed, Isut was to be seen as an active combatant, leading from the front even in the heaviest of the fighting, free of the need for secrecy and knives in the night. 

20150528_180125.jpg

The initial strikes against the Ethnarch crippled the rebels high command and ability to co-ordinate assets. However, this first wave of success was blunted by the arrival of a Traitor Legion force drawn from the Black Legion, the Sons of the Arch-Heretic. Their guidance and leadership helped the Ethnarch to begin a strong and lasting counter-battle, one that would lead to the death of the Shrikes Chapter Master and massive losses to House Erritian.'

Edited by kobrakei

You do have to be quite careful with the area around their feet, but the rest of the base is fair game. I would suggest clipping as close to the feet as possible, and then using a file to shave the excess base from the soles. Luckily any mistakes and/or minor damage can be covered by basing mats. They look so much better on 32 mm I'd deffo recommend it!

The Shrikes are getting some more work done, but not what you might think...

20150602_200500.jpg

Only sixty left to do, and all worth it.

Dude. I see that Vanguard Vet sticking out from the right. Don't hold out on us! I want to see more!

Also, I'm convinced 32 mil bases are awesome. I haven't made the switch yet but I've got a bunch waiting for it. 

You mean the Vanguard Vet that isn't to the right and deffo isn't my Captain Shrike stand in? That guy?

No idea what you're on about :wink:.

And I decided to make the jump to 32 mm due to the new Astartes kits having the bases. I think they make the marines look more imposing and gives them room to breathe on the base. It's also made applying the texture paint far easier for me personally :)

The captain with the mohawk looks killer. I bought some of the new bases too. I agree that they really look better on the larger bases and its worth it.

Thanks...I really liked the Ltd Ed Captain and as I needed a Kantor for my army he was a perfect choice. He hasn't let me down yet!