Converting Steel Legion Meltagunners

Rommel44

Hey guys. After finally finding a good deal on Steel Legion for a good sized force, I am working on upgrading my Vet Squads with Meltaguns and I was wondering what is the best way to convert them? Currently, Im
taking the Steel Legion Sgt. and instead of gluing the las-pistol and chainsword arms on, I was considering getting 2x Cadian arms and then adding the meltagun, which would be easier then cutting off or doing something slap-on. Is this a good way to do it or are there other methods I could try?

Thanks

It is possible to remove weapons to replace them on metal models, but you'll need the right tools and likely have to do a bit of GS patching up afterwards. It wouldn't be a quick swap but would look good for it. When replacing weapons etc I find the best thing to do is use a different base model each time, people notice when it's the same model each time.

Post some pictures so we can see what you're thinking of better :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of taking Grenade Launcher models and whittling them down to make room for pieces from plastic melta guns. It's a real shame that the Steel Legion model line never received further support.

Archived