Loyalists of the XIV: The tyrant's ruin and rival's fall

@ infyrana: They will remain loyal to the end, except for one individual. As for their fate, I have something planned for the future.

@ recon0321: Correct. I'll start building the rest of the squad when the Lodge Speaker is done, hopefully this week. I haven't thought much on how to use them in a game since last time I played was in 2009, but they could probably be house ruled into a cross between destroyers and a tactical support squad with flamers, or just used as the latter with a fancy name.

Lodge Speaker Nikoman

gallery_73590_8946_81675.jpg

Sorik Nikoman is a prominent member of both Calas Typhon’s First Great Company and the Seven Pillared Lodge, where he holds the title of Lodge Speaker. A fanatical follower of his Primarch since the fighting on Barbarus, he is dispatched to the 8th Battalion some time before Ullanor to serve as a link between its legionaries and the rest of the Legion. His arrival is greeted with suspicion and those of Terran blood view him as a spy whose task is to keep an eye on their traditionalist commander, the loudest critic being Lieutenant Metehan who once threatened to kill Nikoman if he proved untrustworthy. The Lodge Speaker is an arrogant individual, believing his position in the Legion’s secret society makes him superior to the Battalion’s higher ranking members. The pride in his Barbarusan blood and its legendary resilience has been twisted to the point of contempt for those not born on the hellish world, Astartes and mortal alike. Both on and off the battlefield he is prone to passionate speeches on what he calls the true ideals of the Legion, looking down upon the original Terran values as relics of a forgotten past. His true loyalties are revealed on Istvaan III where he advices Mortarion on which of the Battalion’s units that should be sent to die on the surface, before being ordered to take temporary command over the Barbarus born that remain. When the fratricide on Istvaan is at its highest, Nikoman is executed aboard the Battalion’s flagship by a vengeful Moritat Gurthor with the words “I never liked your speeches, Sorik.

Many thanks! I chose the helmet because I wanted him to represent the darker side of the Barbarusan heritage and hint at the corrupting influence of the lodge. He is a traitor after all. As for highlights for rakarth flesh, I'm sorry brother. I just give it a good wash of sepia and leave it there, though this one recieved a little agrax in the recesses and around the rivets.

So, now that both the Siege Breaker and Lodge Speaker are done, I can finally start on the Destroyer Company. It will be a nice break from all the ivory.

Gah, those re-breather helmets look so cool!

I can't decide if i approve of his two plasma pistols though. I'm normally a fan of non-symmetrical armaments, but his 40k plasma looks a little too big compared to his 30k one. 

The rest of the Incinerators

gallery_73590_8946_77136.jpg

The Purge-Sergeant

gallery_73590_8946_8758.jpg

While I was assembling these, I started thinking. The reason why I invented the Incinerators was that the Destroyers as a unit didn't live up to the full potential of how I had imagined masters of forbidden weaponry. So, what could now be the next step after chemical fire? How about five marines in mk III armour all carrying rad missile launchers? The Eradicator squad was born and are to be built in the near future.