After watching some people play Ravenwing... I have Q's

Prot

Shroud of Angels: The Ravenwing Darkshroud has the Shrouded special rule. In addition, all friendly units within 6" of one or more Ravenwing Darkshrouds gain the Stealth special rule (this does not affect the Darkshrouds themselves) .

If it had said "this does not affect the darkshroud (being 1)" then I would agree. think of the skimmer dropping a fog or something that gives them stealth. the skimmer is higher than the effect. (its not worded like that but its how I'd have thought it would work.)

The main question is : why in the hell would I keep 2 darkshrouds within 6" from each other when I can space them and give protection to more RW squads?

But I agree with Pyro on this points : if the rule was "except the Darkshroud ITself" , then you could consider that a darkshroud give stealth to another one.

The fact that the wording is "except the darkshroudS THEMselveS", implies that no Darkshroud could benefit from another Darkshroud's effect.

yea. don't get me wrong, I wish it wasn't that way. I love me some cover saves and it would make me think about bringing them more. but they do have there spot. who else can give cover saves to a flier for example.

Archived