++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Cheers guys! 

Here's another fun Berzerker paint job.

It occured to me during the building of the MkIII squad of Berzerkers that it'd be interesting to have each squad repeat certain 'archetypes'. So the 'come at me bro'-posed guy with the shield was the first of the 'guy with shield' archetypes. Here's the 'guy with shield' in the MkV squad:

C8kDdJS.jpg

I hope you like him! Let me know in the comments below what you think of him. I aprpeciate your feedback.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Replies:

@ RolandTHTG: Thank buddy! Out of curiosity, what do the letter THTG stand for in your name?

@ Chaplain grey Raven: Thank you! Yeah it's such a great scheme combined with chaotic gold trim.

@ Xin Ceithan: Yeah it's not something that's neccesarily in the lore but I just figured why wouldn't the World Eaters have made these very close to (but after) the Heresy? I imagine them fielding them against the Emperor's Children during the Skalathrax catastrophe. 

@ YannTheMad: Cheers! That's a great thing to say and yeah man - I'm trying to do everything in Heresy scheme since I did the Death Guard. In fact, I realized I've just been doing Heresy schemes since I got back into the hobby in 2010. Granted, Night Lords and Imperial Fists haven't changed their scheme since the Heresy, but still :D I'm also planning on a Sons of Horus schemed Black legion force. 

@ War of the Eagle: Thanks man, that's a cool point for sure. Also, welcome to the thread! I don't remember seeing you comment here, so... hi!

@ ChazSexington: YOU WOULDN'T! ;) 

@ DuskRaider: haha well you don't realize that these are among the largest decals on the sheet! I get what you're saying about the placement but where would you suggest to put a decal 'in the middle'? There's no space! Also.... pedipalps? Had to look that word up and thank, because I had no idea they were called that way :D

@ Razblood: I am honoured my thread is the first thing you check out! I have been a little busy, but it has been three months, so that's a lot of time to produce stuff. Remember the ETLs I aprticipated in? They're three months long and I consistently produced over 3k of miniatures in that time. So this is nothing compared to my pre-children output. ;) 

Augustus, it's short for The Headless Thompson Gunner, as my nom de guerre is a reference to the Warren Zevon song. 

That berzerker looks great, he's about to truck some poor victim off the face of the planet. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hurray! The B&C is back! It looks great, and I can definitely see the improvements. I do miss the 'my content' page though - where you could instantly see the threads you commented on in chronological order of most recent update. At least, I can't find it. Also, I need to seriously update my siggy, because BOY that's a mess!

In any case, here's the final two members of the MkV squad; the 'musician' and the icon bearer.

LEwX1v5.jpg

SCPilgA.jpg

I hope you like them! As you can see, I've slightly updated the icon bearer to have more skulls hanging from the icon itself, which is a massive improvement of the whole ensemble, wouldn't you agree?

I have not been idle during B&C's downtime. 

Anyone remember the Oompa Loompah song? Now combine that thought with the comcept of Khornate Cultists.... 

Cheers

Replies:

@ BadgersinHills: Thanks bud!

@ RolandTHTG: Ah, that explains a lot! Cheers bud, I will check that out. 

@ Gederas:  Aw, thanks bud! Classic Red 'n Brass looks so hot right now too. It's still a contentious decision in my head to go pre-heresy.  

Absolutely killing it with all these World Eaters, the upscaled bodies and your basing really give them some size and weight, I love it. Great job on all the conversion too, don't think I've ever seen better looking Heresy World Eaters.

"@ DuskRaider: haha well you don't realize that these are among the largest decals on the sheet! I get what you're saying about the placement but where would you suggest to put a decal 'in the middle'? There's no space! Also.... pedipalps? Had to look that word up and thank, because I had no idea they were called that way :D"

I meant more bisecting (or even quartering) the World Eater icon on the middle armor panels on the back or something. Not really sure, it would definitely take some careful knife work. That's the thing that always annoyed me with the Brass Scorpion, it seems like there's a lot of flat space but in reality there's not too much to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man! I'm assembling my Blood Angels Berzerkers now, and using your work as inspiration, I was wondering why you changed how you attach the skulls to the chain? More out of curiosity than anything :) 

Gonna greenstuff some Butcher's Nails and add skulls later!

mDAAUg_50iRr0DQjXfq5kKv2CA7QCgiHKFomVS_sDOKfE8uOHcXhZukBDDBFuj9DcHvjIv-SL6Vnet5UMJFiWSWhl76k44PPj-GL4qItYu5qbn8znNW4VByr7bGoC-bsMAZS0DgoiWza7Ze_QSQFHBeuUAQPSPm36cTcjBfPyseIn8xZP8ruJC8RoUCcH-CBtyyU2NS-3BIW_WNI3b8n7p4CCTtsrtnnN_pUKpfq56HQ9rop2oK-4PfZCveYlQrVVm98uJ9gQ4liXrFXiZbbeYrEmNiCqkQXy2sxu93JuCV0XrU6HeoYGLuk8pL7ZIqhohqTYqikAnAB_3oihzS4Nmy73y3NqwEHEi9oUbfJE17TGDGqdgzG0-6XqSS0pRhBcjUuFpPU7bjdkrBZt3WgpS6KCqRkZNCrDlCZMkJKYT0uBSjSo8i4H77X7NFhaKsLpWeLE5XErRy__bGSvikFNor_eSse3qhwQigCGTz_Tle7swPiJebVGm2wJDzGKRS2L-EbpUxNMA-SB81rYdsMYBooK1xY_QSO6Sw_qzwHfcQ3NWQQucattCCODLLrvX1eeIH_yfhWAC3Xa-XpCQQgnQL6l1Cq6dPpgf_3EJ6OHzq0EG6YfTXNH3DCBXXA7ut2OOKVBuHVNVR9OXP-lv2B4DdLlHyXjL_p7oJrG634O4CKAY6e4UV90cj58ZMXjmwoT8-WPT98UGNnc1mNVAziSi4Qs6jS2mmxpOw4XkxO-A2aFuDTDdCVslpH38iI04g=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

Edited by ChazSexington