Stepping Down ...

Whoever steps up to the challenge of replacing you has my pity. You leave big shoes to fill...

Although I do not often see you bouncing around the forums I can imagine that you work like a whipped gretchin in the background ensuring that all runs smoothly.

I offer my profound thanks for the legacy which you leave behind and wish you all the best for your future.

Ave frater Argos

Edit: Donated!

Edited by Elmo9141

Very sorry to see you go after so many years.  Please lurk once in a while.  I enjoyed all you input over the years, especially your enthusiasm when B&C exploded so many years ago!

Best Regards,

Bill

I'm mainly a lurker but I'd just like to say thanks for all of the time and hard work you've put into this site. It's head and shoulders above the rest of its peers and I hope that continues long after you've left. I've donated and would be interested in a sub system if it's possible to do so.

I check back here a few times a day and anything that I get that much enjoyment out of is worth supporting. All the best for the future and thanks again for providing us with something to be proud of.

I'd like to thank you for providing me with a website that distracts me on a daily basis when I should be working, resulting in a kindling of hobby enthusiasm I haven't had for over 15 years, which has led to lots of fun times with my little son when we sneak down early on a Saturday morning to "play models!!!!"

In short the B&C rocks, I will certainly donate and I would like to wholeheartedly thank you and wish you all the best.

Phade

Brother Argos, you are a legend of this hobby and let none dispute that. You sir have helped to maintain a site which lit the fires of my love for the space Marines and Warhammer 40000 (although I have since devolved to lurking and not doing much...). You and Madscuzzy's creation of the Space Marine Painter probably earned me my infamous placement in the Liber's Heraldry Department for the sheer amount of creations I put together way back in the times before this current decade.

This website had and always will be a home for me and my passion for Warhammer 40000 and the Adeptus Astartes and your efforts and dedication to this site has helped to ensure that. Thus, I am eternally grateful Brother Argos for all that you've done. I am so sorry for what you are having to endure beyond the B+C with your eyesight, now that I am employed at an Opticians, I am starting to see cases like yours first hand with the people I meet.

I will donate what I can to the B+C when my next pay-packet comes in. I may not be as common a face here any more, but I will ensure it is for others so that their passion for our hobby stays strong and grows.

Cambrius

The best of luck to you Brother Argos. Sorry to hear you're stepping back but its understandable. Don't forget to lurk here from time to time but make sure you're ok before anything else. 

I'll be donating as of my next payday, and this'll be a regular thing. May the B&C remain the greatest of 40k forums for as long as she sails the waves of the web. 

Thank you for creating, well, a haven; I've seen more reasoned debate and less harassment (of anyone) here than in almost any other part of the nerdspere. I'll see what I can't spare from my stipend.

It seems that everything that could be said has been already (and far more eloquently than I could have put it), but I will echo it all. Brother Argos, you have risen above and beyond the call of duty so many times. You will be missed greatly. I wish you the very best going forward and I hope that you find a way to continue engaging with the hobby that you have given so much to. 

I haven't been around in months now, but that's a function of what GW's been up to lately, not the B&C.
The B&C will always be one of my homes on the internet.
Because of the B&C, I've met a good number of people from all around the world who I've known for over a decade now.
That's amazing.

You have done us all a great service, Brother Argos.
And we all truly thank you.

I'm very sorry to hear of your eye problems.
We're crossing the horizon of all manner of fantastical biomedical breakthroughs that sound like science fiction becoming reality.
I very much hope science catches up to your specific needs and provides you the solution.

I most certainly wish you all the best, Brother. 
- The Emperor's Champion (TEC)

My best wishes to you Brother Argos! You created a wonderful community where people with common interests can support and inspire each other, and for that I'm very grateful.

Argos, you will be missed. You made the B&C what it is today, the most awesome bestest 40k forum on the interweb (anyone who says other-wise is a heretic and will be burnt).

Though I am currently without a job, as soon as I get one I will gladly donate £10 per month to help the site.

This is sad news and I sincerely hope your health will be for the best !

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the entire Adeptus Astartes is really thankful for the community you have created here and proud to have served in the hobby alongside you. After all, you and you team have gathered enough members to fully field 67 Chapters !

I wish you the best for your next Crusader brother, and Brothers, it's time to honour the legacy of our ancestors and pay the Imperial Tithe !

For the Emperor, and the Administratum !

Thank you for all that you have done for the warhammer community! I truly believe that this is the greatest warhammer forum online today, and I now know just how much you have given to keep it running. I will definitely be donating later today. Hopefully you eyesight begins to improve! Thank You again!

Thank you for everything! After I joined last year I feel my motivation for the hobby have increased ten fold, all thanks to this forum. And I'll be making a donation the second I get the opportunity.

Best of wishes from a grateful Norseman.

When I first found this forum I was instantly addicted. It had everything I loved about the hobby. And with it I found the brotherhood I didn't dream possible. I have made friends that I will have for the rest my life. And you were the one that made that possible. You always have my thanks and my respect.

Will be donating when I have the chance.

Whenever the site goes down I get withdrawal symptoms, which shows how great the community is that you have built.

I hope that your health improves and you can reclaim that which was lost.

I'm really sorry to hear this, Brother Argos, especially about your eyesight.

I love these forums for the creative spirit here - there's a lot of great and inspiring painting and modeling work, and a lot of it is further elevated by theming, fluff snippets, narrative context, and a slew of extra labours of love that people put into their projects and it's really great to see. That kind of creative process absolutely thrives here and it's probably the main reason why I've dropped off posting anywhere else and the B&C is the only 40k forum I frequent anymore.

Anyway, I'll definitely be donating - I just don't think the hobby would be as satisfying without this place, so by that logic I'm rolling "donate to the B&C" into my hobby budget.

Sorry to hear about your health issues dude, as the above posts testify you are leaving a legacy behind that has enabled countless people to find inspiration, friendship and a place to feel comfortable and like they belong. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication and I wish you all the best with everything you do.

I rarely post here but I visit every day just to see painted marines and stuff.

And these daily minutes of joy comes from you.

Thanks a lot and take care. :)

I feel for you Brother Argos. Having myself trouble with 1 eye i can imagine how troublesome things might be loosing eyesight. Wish you best luck with that.

As Black Templar: Request for Help received. 

Crusade (Donation) on its way.