Stepping Down ...

Alright, no further discussion of the tax-exempt status for the B&C need occur, per Brother Tyler's post here. Any further discussion of the topic or responses to such will be removed with extreme prejudice.

Also, remember that we are here to be constructive for the hobby as well as respectful of each other. This is directed to all Frater on the board. It is understandable that the methods of handling the B&C may make some people nervous or cause contention, but be assured that the Administratum have the situation currently in hand. Be at peace, brothers, and in the words of Wil Wheaton, "Play more games!"

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just another voice amongst many here. I first started browsing the Bolter and Chainsword as a skinny runt of a fourteen-year-old, and from then until now it's been the primary factor in keeping me interested in tabletop wargaming, the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and of course the power armoured behemoths that are the Adeptus Astartes. I would never have got back into this hobby if it wasn't for the community that exists on this forum and the talent of its members. I hope Argos leaves the B&C with a real, honest sense of pride in what he's created here. It's the best online community of which I've been a part and I hope it continues to thrive for years to come.

I agree wholeheartedly. The Bolter and Chainsword was the first online community that I joined and it remains the nicest and most welcoming community I've ever experienced on the internet. Communities like that don't just form on their own, nor do they stay that way without constant attention, leadership and investment. I never saw Brother Argos post very often, but whenever he did he always made a good impression. It's been nearly four years since I last visited the forums, but I still have fond memories of these forums even if outside events have interfered with my involvement with the hobby.

So thank you, Brother Argos, and I wish you all the best. You deserve more credit than you get and I've yet to find a place quite like what you built here. :thumbsup:

Oh, and thank you to the Administratum team for not deactivating my account! :tongue.: I wouldn't have got my chance to say thank you if you had. :smile.: