[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Yeah shoot him. Unless youve got Angron, youre chances are pretty nil at killing him in CC. Even a Knight will lose to him due to Worldbreaker hitting so hard.

Unless you get lucky on the D table and roll a 6. Then again, using D and rolling a 6 is pretty much the best way for dealing with such single model powerhouses that isnt a Warlord Titan.

Yeah no knight....!

I'm pretty much just fielding everything I have and so is the following

Khârn

20 x tac squad and apothecary in a Spartan

5 butchers in Spartan

10 plasma support in rhino

10 melts bomb vets in land raider Phobos

2 x Kheres dreads

Venator

Don't know whether to field 2x 20 tac squads in Spartans instead of the vets and drop a dread however I really want that anti tank even though it is costly.

I have no idea what he's bringing apart from Horus!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I want to start world eaters where do I start? Im going to buy the red rule books soon and I want contemptors and if i can just have lots of assaulting units out of spartans.

I saw your other post, and I think you're in the right place ;) earlier in this thread, we made a "Murdering McMurderface" list consisting of 2 Spartans loaded up with 20 man despoiler marines (ones with BP/CCW) and a character/apothecary of sorts. I think the list also included a five man squad of Red Butchers (nasty XIIth legion 2 wound terminators) in a land raider as well.

There's a specific "Rite of War", which is kinda similiar to 40k formations. It's called the Bezerker Assault, and there are a few caveats, but all your legion astartes models gain rage and hatred outside their deployment zone...which is pretty much a given if you're playing world eaters :D

I recommend taking a look at the 1d4chan page (Google 1d4chan legion astartes tactics and scroll down to the world eaters section and open the tab). It will give you some tactics and thoughts about all the units - I assume you haven't learned much about 30k gaming yet? :) if not, that site will help a bunch till you get your books.

Hey guys I want to start world eaters where do I start? Im going to buy the red rule books soon and I want contemptors and if i can just have lots of assaulting units out of spartans.

I saw your other post, and I think you're in the right place :wink: earlier in this thread, we made a "Murdering McMurderface" list consisting of 2 Spartans loaded up with 20 man despoiler marines (ones with BP/CCW) and a character/apothecary of sorts. I think the list also included a five man squad of Red Butchers (nasty XIIth legion 2 wound terminators) in a land raider as well.

There's a specific "Rite of War", which is kinda similiar to 40k formations. It's called the Bezerker Assault, and there are a few caveats, but all your legion astartes models gain rage and hatred outside their deployment zone...which is pretty much a given if you're playing world eaters :biggrin.:

I recommend taking a look at the 1d4chan page (Google 1d4chan legion astartes tactics and scroll down to the world eaters section and open the tab). It will give you some tactics and thoughts about all the units - I assume you haven't learned much about 30k gaming yet? :smile.: if not, that site will help a bunch till you get your books.

DUDE thats awesome!! i read the first page of the thread I am going to read everything. 

I saw your other post, and I think you're in the right place :wink: earlier in this thread, we made a "Murdering McMurderface" list consisting of 2 Spartans loaded up with 20 man despoiler marines (ones with BP/CCW) and a character/apothecary of sorts. I think the list also included a five man squad of Red Butchers (nasty XIIth legion 2 wound terminators) in a land raider as well.

There's a specific "Rite of War", which is kinda similiar to 40k formations. It's called the Bezerker Assault, and there are a few caveats, but all your legion astartes models gain rage and hatred outside their deployment zone...which is pretty much a given if you're playing world eaters :biggrin.:

I recommend taking a look at the 1d4chan page (Google 1d4chan legion astartes tactics and scroll down to the world eaters section and open the tab). It will give you some tactics and thoughts about all the units - I assume you haven't learned much about 30k gaming yet? :smile.: if not, that site will help a bunch till you get your books.

TWO!?! I Specifically remember Three :p

Well I just Read every page on this thread and did my research on alot of units and also staring at forgeworld WE stuff and adding things to the cart... wanting to buy them... But seriously my first few purchases: Khârn, Spartan, 20 MKII tacts with chain axes (from anvil industry Cheaper that way), two contemptors CC weapon on each one with Kheres one with Plasma cannon, and 10 maN Cat termies. I'm going to convert my unpainted 40k land raider to WE. 

But seriously my first few purchases: Khârn, Spartan, 20 MKII tacts with chain axes (from anvil industry Cheaper that way), two contemptors CC weapon on each one with Kheres one with Plasma cannon, and 10 maN Cat termies. I'm going to convert my unpainted 40k land raider to WE.

I'd take Red Butchers over normal Cataphractii - cost the same £-wise and will rip people apart! And consider taking 2 Kheres and 2 graviton claws - can mix and match them nicely into whatever you need with some magnets.

But seriously my first few purchases: Khârn, Spartan, 20 MKII tacts with chain axes (from anvil industry Cheaper that way), two contemptors CC weapon on each one with Kheres one with Plasma cannon, and 10 maN Cat termies. I'm going to convert my unpainted 40k land raider to WE.

I'd take Red Butchers over normal Cataphractii - cost the same £-wise and will rip people apart! And consider taking 2 Kheres and 2 graviton claws - can mix and match them nicely into whatever you need with some magnets.

What is a graviton claw? I can't find it on forgeworld

Its a DCCW with Graviton Gun Inside. The actual bit is found on the Chainfist but, really, no-one would really care if you used the Bolter/Plasma Blaster in the hand instead and just said "its got grav"

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99550101390_ContemptorChainfist01.jpg

Found here.

Though it's points heavy, you can take dreads with dual grav cannons and DCCWs and stick them in dread drop pods. Two of them make excellent Spartan killers, then, next turn, they assault all the squishy bits :smile.:

You need at least 3 Dreads and 5 Grav Guns to kill a Spartan what with it having 5 HP :P

Though it's points heavy, you can take dreads with dual grav cannons and DCCWs and stick them in dread drop pods. Two of them make excellent Spartan killers, then, next turn, they assault all the squishy bits :)

You need at least 3 Dreads and 5 Grav Guns to kill a Spartan what with it having 5 HP :P

Eh, all you need to do is immobilize the dang thing and then it's pretty much a stationary las cannon battery. The terminator God unit inside will have to footslog it, so that's what you're trying to accomplish ;) plus, you can assault the Spartan with your dreads if you feel like finishing it off.

Though it's points heavy, you can take dreads with dual grav cannons and DCCWs and stick them in dread drop pods. Two of them make excellent Spartan killers, then, next turn, they assault all the squishy bits :smile.:

You need at least 3 Dreads and 5 Grav Guns to kill a Spartan what with it having 5 HP :tongue.:

Eh, all you need to do is immobilize the dang thing and then it's pretty much a stationary las cannon battery. The terminator God unit inside will have to footslog it, so that's what you're trying to accomplish :wink: plus, you can assault the Spartan with your dreads if you feel like finishing it off.

And can you really put a price (points or satisfaction) on making your opponent footslog his 500pt terminator + character deathstar? 

Actually, the "claw" has a graviton gun too:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Contemptor-Pattern-Close-Combat-Arm-Claw

In the picture for the thing, thats the Plasma Blaster. But, Iirc, the actual hands come with multiple in-hand weapons; I have all 4 of the weapons (Bolter, Flamer, Melta Gun, Graviton Gun) having bought 3 Claws 1 Fist.

The parts underneath it are for a plasma blaster but the arm is equipped with the graviton gun (the power pack with the 6 nodes on it is the graviton one).

Huh, never noticed that detail :p

Though really, we are both in agreement.

I really want to run two spartans with 20 tacts in each then a regular LR with 10 Tacticals and have a 20 man blob of ASM a typhon and 6 contemptors with Khârn. :biggrin.:

You can only get so erect.

I'd also recommend a veteran squad for power weapons and 50 attacks in the charge with the berserker rite of war.

I really want to run two spartans with 20 tacts in each then a regular LR with 10 Tacticals and have a 20 man blob of ASM a typhon and 6 contemptors with Khârn. :biggrin.:

I'd also recommend a veteran squad for power weapons and 50 attacks in the charge with the berserker rite of war.

O deer Lordt I didnt realize you could run them with 10 POOWWIEE weapons. I just stared at the rules for a moment. still am. two separate windows one to type, one to stare. glorious. I just they MUST have a land raider too right? Looking at the endless possibilities the my shopping cart on FW is making me drool.... :drool: Just have to wait 5 more days and it is my birthday and all my FW vouchers shall be tallied up and utterly spent :devil:

O deer Lordt I didnt realize you could run them with 10 POOWWIEE weapons. I just stared at the rules for a moment. still am. two separate windows one to type, one to stare. glorious. I just they MUST have a land raider too right? Looking at the endless possibilities the my shopping cart on FW is making me drool.... :drool: Just have to wait 5 more days and it is my birthday and all my FW vouchers shall be tallied up and utterly spent :devil:

Welcome to the club buddy ;)

Don't forget that they can take two special weapons (I recommend melta guns in this case) and there are three veteran tactics you can give them: Furious charge...need I say more? 50 S5 chain axe/power weapon attacks? Yes please. Outflank? Speaks for itself, maybe take a rhino just to get some extra movement and blocking shenanigans. Fearless? Always a good option.

I'd recommend only taking no more than 5 power weapons including the sgt. Inevitably, some guys will die and it'll get points heavy to the point where you ask yourself "why didn't I take terminators?". Plus you can swap out all their chainswords for chain axes FO FREE.

Here's what I'd run in a perfect world:

10 Veterans (Furious charge)

+ 2 power swords, 2 melta guns, 1 power axe, Sgt w/AA/power axe/melta bombs

+ Anvillus drop pod

385 points total.

Use them to harass tactical blobs, entrenched rapier platforms, or heavy support squads. The melta guns are optional, but in the off chance you encounter a tank or dread, you can nuke it pretty easy :)

O deer Lordt I didnt realize you could run them with 10 POOWWIEE weapons. I just stared at the rules for a moment. still am. two separate windows one to type, one to stare. glorious. I just they MUST have a land raider too right? Looking at the endless possibilities the my shopping cart on FW is making me drool.... :drool: Just have to wait 5 more days and it is my birthday and all my FW vouchers shall be tallied up and utterly spent :devil:

Welcome to the club buddy :wink:

Don't forget that they can take two special weapons (I recommend melta guns in this case) and there are three veteran tactics you can give them: Furious charge...need I say more? 50 S5 chain axe/power weapon attacks? Yes please. Outflank? Speaks for itself, maybe take a rhino just to get some extra movement and blocking shenanigans. Fearless? Always a good option.

I'd recommend only taking no more than 5 power weapons including the sgt. Inevitably, some guys will die and it'll get points heavy to the point where you ask yourself "why didn't I take terminators?". Plus you can swap out all their chainswords for chain axes FO FREE.

Here's what I'd run in a perfect world:

10 Veterans (Furious charge)

+ 2 power swords, 2 melta guns, 1 power axe, Sgt w/AA/power axe/melta bombs

+ Anvillus drop pod

385 points total.

Use them to harass tactical blobs, entrenched rapier platforms, or heavy support squads. The melta guns are optional, but in the off chance you encounter a tank or dread, you can nuke it pretty easy :smile.:

What book are the rules of the anvillus drop pod in?

EDIT: Im looking to field some back arty support maybe thudd guns, medusas, graviton batteries, deredeos, mortis, heavy support squad with all Lascannons. Suggestions?

Edited by Just4uCupCake

The rules can be found in the Crusade armies red book :)

Just how many points are you looking at running? Do you have community 30k players?

Usually, 2000 points is the norm for a medium sized game, though I'd recommend 2500 to 3000 points for the best feel and unit redundancies.

From there, I'd find what you can stick in a list because 30k stuff is pretty points and money heavy.