++ March of the Legions: XX Legion ++

Hyaenidae

I,Chaplain Mortis,

accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XX Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.

I will do so no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe.

I pledge my honour to the XX Legion.

On this matter, and by this weapon, I swear. 

Hope to have pics and fluff up by end of tomorrow. .

(A year of procrastinating has left me with nearly a model in every legion colour haha)

Already drowning in work on all fronts, but...

I, Barabbas Sogalon, accept my role in this.
I promise to lead the XX Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.

Wow, what a turn out! :tu:  

Could one vow on a month to month basis? I am interested but starting January I have a 3 month school I have to go to and will not have the time or the access to my stuff.

Every Month will be a different Legion, starting on the 1st of each month. Missing a month won't kill you, it just means you won't get a coloured pip of that Legion covered for that month.

I have a question regarding this. Is there any set order that the Legions will be decided on or is it going to be 100% random? Just so I know to stock up parts for each model I want to do for each Legion

We'll be moving in reverse Legion order, so the XIX will be next.

Man do I dislike Alpha Legion, but what the hey. I can do one model, and it will give me a chance to see if I enjoy the scheme at least.

See, this is what I wanted to hear. It's not about the Legion you like or dislike, but more about making any Legion your own. Don't like traitors? Make a loyalist hold-out cell. Don't like the standard Legion structure or heraldry? Make a group who have been cut off and on the edges of space, and have re-structured themselves to conduct war. The XX Legion is really the perfect Legion for this, because they have so many paint schemes, ways of conducting war, loyalties... heck, the Legion has a dozen different names they cover themselves in. 

Sounds dumb I know but if I was interested in a recon marine, would a space marine scout sniper figure be acceptable? Would I have to mod him up a bit to be 30K compliant? 

Well, it would be cool to see what you could convert, so as to inspire others who may be thinking the same. At the end of the day, though, it's up to you, man.  :) The XX Legion were known for getting the prototypes of all sorts of new equipment ( a la the Mk VI Armour), go with what not only inspires you, but could help inspire others.  :)

Are before Pics encouraged and/or expected?

Not expected, but always cool to see.  :D

Out of curiosity, are we penalized if we fail?

Fail in this Oath, and your only penalization will be not receiving the coloured pip of the Legion covered for that month. We may have a redemption month later on, so those who may have had to miss a month can receive a pip, but that won't be for at least eighteen months.   

Dayum, that's one cool mini - a no-nonsense badass who can totally fry your brain from a kilometer away but is gonna put two feet of steel through your chest anyway tongue.png

Mixing Libbies with other specializations I can't help but be reminded of this - a little bit of fluff I made for one of my profile designs. I love the idea of former 'official' Librarians just getting put into terrifying black-ops cells to apparently conform to the Council of Nikea - although the fact they aren't shooting lightning from their fingertips doesn't mean their powers are any less useful devil.gif

Just on a sidenote, there are loads of really cool ideas for AL formations from the likes of Xin Ceithan, Sgt. Cotys, Yogi & Daemon2027 on that thread that would serve as real great inspiration for any of y'all scratching your heads about the background - I only got to use a tiny proportion for Cadejo [which was, admittedly, entirely Heathen's baby], but there's great stuff there

Oh, and Heathens, this is such a cool project - as someone who suffers from a chronic inability to avoid being sidetracked by Legions other than the Xth, the appeal of this sort of stuff is obvious, and with each entry getting its own awesome fluff, you've got yourself a golden recipe thumbsup.gif

Can't wait for the turn of the Xth - plus imagining you having to furiously edit a word doc, replacing every instance of "Warriors" with "Hands" for the fluff is spectacular. msn-wink.gif

I, Brother Vidius, accept my role in this.

I, Thunor's Hammer, accept my role in this.

Wow, what a turn out! thumbsup.gif

Could one vow on a month to month basis? I am interested but starting January I have a 3 month school I have to go to and will not have the time or the access to my stuff.

Every Month will be a different Legion, starting on the 1st of each month. Missing a month won't kill you, it just means you won't get a coloured pip of that Legion covered for that month.

By my very honor and lifeblood, for those legions missed i will do something special for all of them be that fluff or conversion in due course. So help me.

I, Battle8rother, accept wholly my role in this.

I swear upon my life to lead the XX Legion into any zone of war, and conduct them and myself to glory.

I pledge my honor to the XX Legion.

On this matter, and by my weapons, I swear.

So keen for this i have been flat out building Exodus

Where's that helmet from?

Brother Captain Kage the helmet is a world eater Mk II veteran helm with the middle scraped out and the respirator of a Mk IV helmet cut to fit in the gap. The scope is from Anvil Industry, I drilled out the eye and popped it in. The other optic on the side of the helm is from the Chaos Warpsmith helmet. The picture in Extermination don't show those being there but I thought it needed something else. Not sure if I should try and get hold of a Hydra crest from Dark Elves range or just leave it as is. Also need to find some small beads to convert into Venom Spheres. Hope this helps.

After sleeping on it, I think I may do an apothecary attached to an Erinyes formation. Can't order bits until tomorrow, but hope to eke out a fluff draft today.

I'm thinking a legionary as adept at 'interrogation' as he is at patching people up.

I, Chickenleg, accept my role in this.

Alpharius is getting started tonight, a tactical marine that is! yucky.gif

I, Zujara, accept my role in this.

This is a great idea, my brother and I are getting into Horus Heresy in the new year and this will be a great way to play around with the setting before taking the plunge! I think I have the bits to make a Saboteur, will see what I can put together!

All those who are Oathed to this Moment have been updated to this point. Good luck!

I also could not help but be excited by this project....

Operator Jaddick, LD-A 517 Cadejo

**SNIP**

Looking pretty good there, Captain. You think Jaddick has enough weapons though? ^_^

Archived