+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

So, the first part of my first vow has been completed: Warsmith Greimolt Sturm of the Iron Warriors:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/5/2/710404-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Greimolt%20Sturm%2C%20Iron%20Warriors.jpg

More pictures here, in case anyone's interested ;)

Time to join the fun! smile.png So here goes my first vow:

I Iron Skull Mask rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from Codex Chaos Space Marines

• Sorcerer on bike with sigil of corruption (105)
  • 3x bikers with 2x Melta, Champ with Combi-Melta and Power Fist (125)
  • 3x bikers with 2x Melta, Champ with Combi-Melta and Power Fist (125)

of total value 355 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the 53rd Grand Company of the Iron Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/Challenge/ETL%2015%20-%20Vow%201%20-%20before.jpg

So, the first part of my first vow has been completed: Warsmith Greimolt Sturm of the Iron Warriors:

More pictures here, in case anyone's interested ;)

Cracking start there. Really looking the part for a Lord.

Well, I see the Traitors are gathering momentum...

@ Augustus: A Brass Scorpion? eek.gif Can't wait for this one...

@ Iron Skull Mask: I was wondering when you'll show up - got worried there for a minute...

Good luck to both!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Luther – the fallen, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

One Slaughtercult consisting of:

1 Chaos Lord – Axe of Khorne, Juggernaut, MoK (125)

8 Khorne Berzerkers – Plasma pistol, Power Sword, MoK (192)

8 Khorne Berzerkers – Powerfist, MoK (187)

8 Khorne Berzerkers – Power Sword, MoK (177)

5 Possessed – CCW, MoK (150)

8 Cultists – Autopistols, CCW, MoK (58)

8 Cultists – Autoguns, MoK (66)

One Charnel Cohort consisting of:

1 Herald of Khorne – Blade of Endless Bloodshed (95)

8 Bloodletters – Bloodreaper, Instrument of Chaos, Banner of Blood (115)

8 Bloodletters – Bloodreaper, Instrument of Chaos, Banner of Blood (115)

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne (80)

3 Bloodcrushers – Bloodhunter (140)

And one Lord of Slaughter:

1 Blooodthirster of Unfettered Fury (250)

To a total value of 1750 pts. On or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring glory and Skulls to the Throne of Khorne and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edit: WIP topic http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/307052-the-sons-of-kharakhashgar-wip-daemonkin/

Edit 2: I just realised i forgot to post the pre paint pics on here tongue.png

First, the parts of the Slaughtercult I have assembled:

Lord Grull'Phor:

gallery_10707_10667_494063.jpg

Powerfist Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_185604.jpg

Power Sword Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_341825.jpg

Plasma Pistol/Power Sword Berzerker Squad:

gallery_10707_10667_372398.jpg

Autogun Cultists:

gallery_10707_10667_285712.jpg

CCW Cultists:

gallery_10707_10667_405262.jpg

Possessed:

gallery_10707_10667_534980.jpg

For the Charnel Cohort:

Herald of Khorne with Blade of Endless Bloodshed:

gallery_10707_10667_96514.jpg

Bloodletter Squad 1:

gallery_10707_10667_104796.jpg

Bloodletter Squad 2:

gallery_10707_10667_100077.jpg

Bloodcrusher Squad 1:

gallery_10707_10667_287483.jpg

For the Charnel Cohort I still nedd to assemble the Flesh hounds, and the Herald is also on the way from FW.

and last, but not least, Khar'Akhash'Gar, Bloodthirster of the 8th Host:

gallery_10707_10667_833527.jpg

Working on my berserkers and using the WFB kit so these guys are going to be BIG. Here's a rough comparison shot:

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CQB6QBchLpY/VUUfBfMJcXI/AAAAAAAAAQw/cBHvqIm_B68/s2048-no/IMG_1300.JPG

Does the internal scaling look ok? Top half seems a little small, but not too bad (Knight torso). I was thinking about using the knight arms as they're bulkier. I'll be having one unit of 8 Berserkers who will be the core elite of the army, all swelled up from killing all those fools.

Working on my berserkers and using the WFB kit so these guys are going to be BIG. Here's a rough comparison shot:

Does the internal scaling look ok? Top half seems a little small, but not too bad (Knight torso). I was thinking about using the knight arms as they're bulkier. I'll be having one unit of 8 Berserkers who will be the core elite of the army, all swelled up from killing all those fools.

Think the scaling is ok on them, had a similar dilemma with my Berzerker and CSM conversions using the Skullrepear parts. Ultimately the larger miniatures look good with all the extra detail so are worth the slight scaling issues.

@ Adra'Melek: While I think you're off to a very cool start with the massive berzerker, you may want to check the proportions on this guy: The arms are a fair bit too short, while his middle section seems too long -- both halves are awesome on their own, but they don't seem to match each other all that well... I think you need to make his middle section quite a bit shorter for the proportions to add up.

EDIT: Kinda like this:

amzerker_mockup.jpg

I estimate that I'm about 40% through my first vow, though I would be further along if I hadn't tried something new laugh.png

Gonna try and bang the vows out quite quickly (barring characters) so that I can take a break between each and hopefully prevent burnout.

I, BearingtheWord, vow to complete:

2 x Chaos Rhino's (@57) total of 114)

and if it's legal for the vow,  a "counts as Defiler" ( Imperial Knight conversion.... 220pts as a Defiler) If someone can get back to me on this and let me know ;)

Waiting on the second Chaos Rhino to arrive then I can post pics.....

~BtW

I think you guys are holding back like last year where in the last week of recruitment you just went... berserk (for want of a better word) :D

Anyways you're definitely are building up momentum - keep it up!

@Captain Semper: Well, two frater have gone before me - I was actually the third to vow a brass scorpion! They' seem to be popular this year! smile.png

I know, daemonclaw had won the "Badge of the Artisan" in the first ETL... I'm eager to see your take on it!

I, BearingtheWord, vow to complete:

2 x Chaos Rhino's (@57) total of 114)

and if it's legal for the vow, a "counts as Defiler" ( Imperial Knight conversion.... 220pts as a Defiler) If someone can get back to me on this and let me know msn-wink.gif

Waiting on the second Chaos Rhino to arrive then I can post pics.....

~BtW

As the others said, Knights are Universal - you can vow it as a Knight if you want. Then again a conversion of a Knight into a Defiler? drool.gif How daemonic is that? :devil: I have used your points above for updating the first page - let me know if there is a change of heart and I'll mend it!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Squad Forsaken progress slow but steady...

Do I spot a few drilled holes in backpacks. Anything attaching to those?

@Captain Semper: Well, two frater have gone before me - I was actually the third to vow a brass scorpion! They' seem to be popular this year! smile.png

I know, daemonclaw had won the "Badge of the Artisan" in the first ETL... I'm eager to see your take on it!

No, I mean this ETL there have been three Brass Scorpions vowed already! It's insane!

Archived