Legion of the Iron Lions Log: New Colors, MK VI

jbaeza94

• 4 months later...

I got it on shapeways, both with and without antennas. They’re called model 39 yellow duck guard and model 28 yellow duck guard. You can get them with generic skulls or raven Guard wings. I went generic skulls.  I also got REIVER style  helmets and  shoulder shields from the that same store. I thought prices were good and he had some decent designs. They are primaris size and look big on heresy beakies. They would like huge on tactical marines and mk3/mk4 marines

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UKRWMUK2G/helmet-model-28-yellow-duck-guard?optionId=179982272&li=ostatus

Progress on the base for my Contemptor.

i hate helmetless heads… I had this spare body from the dark imperium sgt who wore  his helmet on his hip. I adjusted the leg angle, adjusted the right arm, gave him mk6 arm/plasma, and put a helmet back on his head. Gonna clean him up more but he’s just about done

B7B06D1C-C58B-4C6F-B0FF-188F60125AFB.jpeg

CB93C13B-EA17-4229-81F3-B7F0DC6AB227.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I’m an effort to add flavor, I’ve decided that just about every marine I make will have a bolt pistol and at least one accessory. Sometimes there’s not enough room on the belts and hands to fit everything though, so I’ve taken a page out my background and started slapping stuff on backpacks, and sometimes on shoulder pads as well. Not everything you carry on patrol is for you to use, so I imagine they’re carrying extra ammo for the heavy bolter marine.

also, I know the power axe doesn’t have in game rules, but I thought it added some flavor to the heavy bolter marine. I’ll probably add some chains to it instead of just relying on “mag lock”

72FFD4FC-000C-491C-B4C6-5ED2CF0F3DB7.jpeg

B5909D83-9649-4A7C-8AA3-552BC03B49B3.jpeg

After seeing all of your guys skills. I’ve committed myself to painting everything to the best of my ability, instead of saving that for my leaders

heres a test I’m working on, mostly the left leg. Edge highlighting is hard. My paint was really thin so it was more glazing than painting, but I think I’m getting it down. Step back a little and it looks ok ha. 

54CEDAA9-686F-47B7-ABCB-E37906BFA5A7.jpeg

49CB0B5F-FFCC-4ADE-9C18-076F918203CF.jpeg

VBits and Red Warden Miniatures are both excellent for DA bits. 

Archies Forge sells some RWM stuff and his print quality is top notch. I have a few orders from him, much better than shapeways imo. 

Very good stuff and always quick with replies and such, good if you are like me and don't have a printer. 

Screenshot_20230410_091155_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230410_091138_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230410_091143_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...