[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

The whole swapping heavy flamers for ACs seems like a really big one.

Like...so many things can get HFs. You could be swimming in ACs.

Spartan? 2 ACs

Deredeo boobguns? 2 ACs

Contemptor? Underslung ACs

Any tank pintle? AC (Rhino's with ACs!)

Terminators? 2x ACs per 10

Jetbikes? All ACS (I think - HB stock can be swapped for flamers? or just Salamanders?)

And my favourite - Predator with TL AC and 2x AC sponsons and AC pintle mount. Five assault cannon barrels on a predator :D

A double ACs contemptor with double underslung ACs...the lawn mower build

The Blood Angels legion has now become the Assault Cannon Legion...:P

I'm going to laugh when they later change the Legion rules and people have to break their 15 assault cannon tanks.

Oh, these Blood Angel guys know full well what they're getting into. Just like Sanguinius they just don't know when to stop ;)

I await with baited breath for the Assault Cannon Club to form.

What is neat is you can essentially get a non-twin linked razorback with a full ten man squad in a rhino for a paltry upgrade. That's going to be nice if you want to run that style of list. I somehow have a feeling that underslung dread weapons will be faq'd to be off limits, considering normally you replace the whole arm with an assault cannon. (Not that that makes any sense considering the size of the dread cannon vs everything else who mounts one.)

Well, Contemptor Weapons are in-hand not underslung so you cant get Dual Kheres + Illastus.

At most: DCCW/CF + Illastus & Kheres.

Edited by Slipstreams

I am so tempted to swap my EC for BA... the only downside for me is the BA limitation on vehicles...

BA's my favorite loyalist chapter and the current state of EC does make me wonder...

Luckily for me, I am still in the purchasing phase of EC

Yeah, knew you couldn't take gun arms and the secondary weapons. But it looks like dual ccw dreads for BA will still be packing appreciable firepower at low cost. The Furioso (sorta/kinda) Lives. I guess if you start packing assault cannons on everything, you will start to jam them, since none but the predator mount is twin-linked.

4 Shots per cannon and you need to roll 3 ones.

Sure, the more guns you have the more the probability rises of it happening but on a Per-Gun basis, it doesnt change the chance of it occurring.

Gamblers Fallacy and all that?

Yep. Just, if you bring 20 AC's to the field, prepare for a few to be jammed by the end of the game. You have approximately half a percent chance to roll 3 ones on 3 dice. The 4th die makes the 1's more likely, but I'm not sure on the math. Probably still not much more than a 1/100 chance though.

Also, what ways are there to put a deep strike bubble of reduced/no scatter in your enemies deployment zone at the start of the first turn? For the Day of Revelation rite, you probably want to be landing close to the enemy. I guess a Damocles has a 12" bubble, so you can reach to the table center at the start..

Haha, rotors will convert well into nipple guns for a deredeo. Like a massive..massive fembot from Austin powers.

I'm not sure if it makes up for other issues, but that is a lot of dakka. And you can never have enuff dakka. The points efficiency of multiple assault cannons on say predators, could help offset the horrible points inefficiency of assault marines.

I have heard they are getting a price drop soon in the updated book..

Yes, Assault Marine cost reduction more or less confirmed via Andy Hoare. Asked about Destroyers too for the heck of it but no changes there apparently.

Good news for Blood Angels though, combined with their Rite of War :)

Haha, rotors will convert well into nipple guns for a deredeo. Like a massive..massive fembot from Austin powers.

I'm not sure if it makes up for other issues, but that is a lot of dakka. And you can never have enuff dakka. The points efficiency of multiple assault cannons on say predators, could help offset the horrible points inefficiency of assault marines.

I have heard they are getting a price drop soon in the updated book..

Yes, Assault Marine cost reduction more or less confirmed via Andy Hoare. Asked about Destroyers too for the heck of it but no changes there apparently.

Good news for Blood Angels though, combined with their Rite of War :smile.:

is there a time frame on said reduction? or estimate? or anything concrete? AHAHAHAHAHA

composes self

Thanks!

I am so tempted to swap my EC for BA... the only downside for me is the BA limitation on vehicles...

BA's my favorite loyalist chapter and the current state of EC does make me wonder...

Luckily for me, I am still in the purchasing phase of EC

I have them also. Please see tactica for new rules discussion

Wow, meanest Moritat in the game with twin inferno pistols and a jump pack. I was considering BA for my next army and still am. Gotta work on a scheme. Lots of BA parts out there already.

@Helter- that idea is awesome with vehicle limitations, might be a good use for rotory cannons.

inferno pistols aren't too bad tbh, they might faq the flamer one, not sure about infernos, sounds pretty hard! Think they might, as it could possibly delete a 5/600point tank in a turn of shooting lol

I love the idea of leviathan with assault cannon nips to boot, or deredeo with boob cannons

Reminds me of these

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g449/ben_fabz/2E064574-19EB-4A99-A165-5DDCBD18F1F5.jpg

Edited by Theredknight

Lots of Dakka but kind of a Waste on the platform especially for his cost.

Rather go with Chest AC's, Grav-Flux Bombard and Claw/Drill in a pod.

Drop down, Splat a TEQ or weaker with the Bombard, Pepper the survivors with 8 S6 Rending Shots while staying in the pod to weather the return fire.

T2, Hop out if you havent been forced out by the pod going boom. Splat and Pepper again and charge something.

If you want more of an AT Version, take the Melta Lance which is 18" S9 Ap1 Heavy 3, Melta with a Drill and 2 Chest ACs.

While most tanks will be like "LOL MELTA" you'll be all like "LOL S9 AP1 ANYWAYS!" and blow stuff up on a 5+ if you pen, which you do on a 6+ vs Av14.

With 3 Shots at BS5, 1in6 chances to pen (Av14) and a further 1in3 to "Explode" you have pretty good odds to instagib a vehicle. Then you have the Drills In-Hand Melta Gun at S8 Ap1 for another chance at blowing up the target.

With further possible glances being dealt with 8 S6 Rending shots with the AC's.

And if they dont have Armored Ceramite? Welp, guaranteed pens for days, pretty much.

If they survive into the next turn and dont run the hell away? Welp, say hi to S10 Armorbane Drill!

+++

The Inferno Pistol Moritat has 6" Shooting Range, 3" Melta Range.

Explain to me how that is threatening in ANY way. Its not, if you play smart. Its a cool niche thing you can do but its SOOOOO limited in actual possible application that its not worth considering, imo.

For one, you can no longer Phase Walker him across the Board since relics are no longer part of the base game and thus would require player approval to be used.

Second, If you deepstrike him with a Jump Pack, unless you have a No-Scatter bubble thats pretty much ON TOP of the target you're aiming for and unless you want to play with fire, you're putting him 12" away from anything that might screw him over in the even of a Scatter.

Guess what? he has 6" Guns. So if you do, he ain't shooting that turn and is thus Dead on Arrival since he'll get pumped full of lead on your opponents turn.

Third, Armored Ceramite. S8 Ap1 still, but you'll need 6s to glance to do any damage vs Av14, which is what you'd likely want to shoot anyways.

And if you do actually pull off all the shenanigans required to get an Inferno Moritat to do anything? You deserve to shoot it because your opponent was probably not paying attention.

Its cool and thematic but thats about it. He wont be any better than a Plasma Moritat who has the advantage of double the range.

Edited by Slipstreams

Sorry that maybe wasn't clear, perhaps not on the arrival turn I mean.

Who knows with the set ups, could be good at blowing back line stuff up? Drop him in open ground, hide him and jump pack his ass into melting range and hairdry some tank!

But yes you are right, expensive for the range.

If you managed to position him to rear armour a fell blade, fair play lol

Yes, if, for WHATEVER REASON an Inferno Moritat somehow got behind a super-heavy tank or Warhound after Jump Packing it across the Table or Deepstriking there and turning it into slag in one shooting phase, you deserve it.

Otherwise, if that Moritat hasnt been shot dead T2, any damage he deals was warranted :p

Apparently the Hand Flamer BA Moritat might also be getting FAQ'd Monday. Though really, since he can only kill things inside his Template Range and even then only hurt things that S3 can (Vulkan Laughs as he reduces it to S1 due to his Special Rule), its another case of "If he somehow pulls this off, you deserve it."