[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

Personally Im pretty excited about BAs.  The two units of assault marines is a bit of a bugger but assaulting with I5 and wounding on 3's is damn good.  Especially with 3 power weapons.

And it isnt that hard to get units not deepstriking.

I dont have the book but from what I have read there is also a generic RoW that allows assault marines to come in turn 1.  So you dont have to suffer all the draw backs.

And with the command rhino deepstriking isnt dangerous....  And any other fliers/deep striking you have is coming in turn 2 on a 2+.  That makes combines well with the assault marines and makes fliers a much more tempting option.  Thats well worth it for 100pts before you throw in the one off bombardment in my book.

RE the Inferno Moritat, I quite often run a dual Inferno Canoness, and it's a lot of fun, but not exactly the most devastating option in the book. It'll ruin most Space Marine's days, and the same for anything with an AV value and no way to stop the melta rule, but getting close without dying is the trick. A Jump Pack would definitely help, as does Chain-Fire and the generally better stat-line of a Marine vs a Sororitas, but it's still a bit of a one trick pony.

It's got a real utility in hunting elite infantry, especially multiwound Marines without invuln saves, or with low ones, and the ability to potentially just remove a squadron of light vehicles is wonderful, but once again, you've got to get close, and that's hard.

Deredeo with ACs is a poor idea due to the lack of range.

Heavy Bolter is still the preferred option, imo.

Aa for things like Spartans, two Assault Cannons would be awesome.

Edited by Ishagu

It's a good option for nipple guns (better than a culverin? Debatable) on Leviathans or as a secondary gun for a Mortis if you want to hold on to a fist (no pun intended). Too short for backfield support units like Deredeos, but may be a good option for the Cortus Contemptors.

I think the RoW for jumpers is pretty good all things said.

Once we get Sanguinius and the other special units (guaranteed jump infantry) it'll be rather strong. Land turn one, whether the Storm and get happy.

I think it's a bit silly we only get a 5+ cover when the generic one grants snap shots only... But I guess that's limited to only flyers and Assault squads being buffed. But having Typhon etc immunity for the first turn would be nice.

Its basically super drop pod assault I suppose, and even with the over costed assault Marines, our buffs may make them worth it.

So how viable are Veteran Squads with Assault Cannons? Guess you would have to be smart with them since it's a heavy weapon isn't it? Really fancy buying a load of miniguns...

So how viable are Veteran Squads with Assault Cannons? Guess you would have to be smart with them since it's a heavy weapon isn't it? Really fancy buying a load of miniguns...

You could give them sniper for an entire squad of rending. Furious charge to coincidence with the legion tactics or tank hunters to help with rends against vehicles.

Pop them in a rhino with an assault cannon and you've got some nice dakka spewing out 12 assault cannon shots a turn.

Rotor Cannons are awesome models. Rotors need a buff, and it still amuses me that Imperial Militia get better Gear than Astartes in the matter of Rotor Cannon. Still think they should have either Rending or at leastcount as S4 for Zone Mortalis.

I like the idea of a furious Charge squad with Power Swords ripping through enemies with wounding on 2's. Popped in a Dreadclaw, could be interesting.

I don't know too much about the rules otherwise until i can source a book properly, but that Predator Rite of War gives you something 9 Assault Cannons for 315pts.

Big trick missed by the BA rules that would've actually made for something awesome:

Allowing Vets to Take Jump Packs.

That's it - I'd even say let them keep the suspensor web heavy weapons... I mean, Destroyers can now? And with the RoW they deep strike first turn and wound people on a 2+ in combat. Well balls BA Destroyers are awesome.

Although I fully expect one of our special units to be a proto vanguard veteran squad with different special rules selections so that is probably why they weren't included.

Rotor Cannons are awesome models. Rotors need a buff, and it still amuses me that Imperial Militia get better Gear than Astartes in the matter of Rotor Cannon. Still think they should have either Rending or at leastcount as S4 for Zone Mortalis.

I like the idea of a furious Charge squad with Power Swords ripping through enemies with wounding on 2's. Popped in a Dreadclaw, could be interesting.

I don't know too much about the rules otherwise until i can source a book properly, but that Predator Rite of War gives you something 9 Assault Cannons for 315pts.

Now add in the Pintle mounted ones... TWELVE!

Edited by Charlo

Blood Angels would find it difficult to take that RoW they have a rule which means they must have more Infantry than tanks excluding Dedicated Transports. Kinda seems redundant taking it if you have to take 6 10 man Tactical Squads as well as your Predators and Sicarans to make it legal.

I really don't think Blood Angels will be able to make this one work

Obviously all the options aren't in battlescribe yet so a few points adjustments needed but how about this list?

Pretty much replace all Heavy Flamers with assault cannons. Primus and Preator both have our cool sword. Moritat runs with an inferno and serpenta.

Preator can join the bug assault marine unit with the Primus for a decent deathstar and the other assault squad charges what it can. Destroyers to take advantage of our RoW and hopefully pin some stuff on the drop.

Single land speeder to fulfil the requirements and knock some hull points off random things.

Attsck bikes with assault cannons are a poweful and versatile unit.

Assault canon Preds advance targeting what needs to.

Leviathan to join in the turn one deep strike, also with some clever positioning could pass on shrouded from its pod to the already 5+ getting assault Marines, meaning 3+ cover (or 4+ I forget).

+++ BA Heresy (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (495pts) +

Legion Centurion (160pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field, Volkite Serpenta]

····Consul [Moritat]

Legion Centurion (155pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Thunder Hammer]

····Consul [Primus Medicae]

Legion Praetor (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol]

+ Troops (675pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (380pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, 3x Power Weapon]

····Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Assault Squad (295pts) [9x Legion Assault Space Marines, 2x Power Weapon]

····Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Elites (415pts) +

Legion Destroyer Squad (415pts) [Jump Packs, 9x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only]

····Legion Destroyer Sergeant [Artificer Armour, 2x Phosphex Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Fast Attack (300pts) +

Legion Attack Bike Squadron (225pts) [5x Heavy Flamer, 5x Legion Attack Bike, Melta Bombs]

Legion Land Speeder Squadron (75pts)

····Legion Land Speeder [Graviton Gun, Multi-melta]

+ Heavy Support (615pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (210pts)

····Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamers]

····Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamers]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (405pts)

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iX: Blood Angels]

Just a quick shout for Leviathan dread taking two assaukt cannons, land speeders taking two assault cannons, regular furioso style dreads having an assaukt cannon in each hand...

...'bbrrrrrrrrrrrtttttt'

Edit: leviathan might just have regualar flamers

Edited by disease