Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear

Though I agree that Tartaros would probably be more appropriate, I was under the impression that it had been stated (or at least heavily implied) in fluff that they were in Cataphractii. I'm not sure where exactly, but I think possibly on Prospero when the Khan and the Keshig investigate?

@marshal seanisi: Many thanks!

Though I agree that Tartaros would probably be more appropriate, I was under the impression that it had been stated (or at least heavily implied) in fluff that they were in Cataphractii. I'm not sure where exactly, but I think possibly on Prospero when the Khan and the Keshig investigate?

That's actually true, Jaghatais personal Keshig are mentioned as wearing Cataphractii when Ilya Ravallion first goes to meet him on the Swordstorm in "Brotherhood of the Storm". In Scars it's stated that one of the rebellious Noyan Khans (forget the name) has his own Keshig when he takes charge of the Swordstorms bridge though, so there's plenty of Keshig to go around and put in different armour :D

It's interesting that Hasik, an old school Chogorian, is totally on board the Horus bandwagon

I like that detail. And the old school Chogorians were probably as close to Horus as any Terrans

That's also a really great way of further emphasizing the foundations of the Khans doubts, as there's plenty of reasons he could have chosen to side with Horus, particularly all his reflections on the impermanence of all thrones and empires... But it also drives home the profound depth of betrayal the Khan will have experienced, to see an old friend and comrade trying to force his hand in such a way, considering the great trust he generally put in his warriors, and their ability to make the right choices.

I'm liking where you're going with those helmets Pheidias, we all know that there's only one legion who can pull of red helmets... (And it's not the ultra-smurfs :wink:)

I for one would be glad to welcome you back to the ranks of Dorn's finest. Will be keeping a close eye on your progress :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

"It was always readily apparent that the warriors of the Vth. Legion were never going to be the most uniform in appearance or armaments, quite unlike the serried ranks of the Iron Warriors I saw on Kolta. I remember my first meeting with Brother Noigu. I had until then never seen the snouted helmets that would later become synonymous with the Astartes in Mk. VI, and to see him riding a Scimitar sporting as archaic a weapon as a Volkite Culverin was baffling. When I inquired about his equipment, he had nothing but a shrug at the novelty of the helmet, citing the random and infrequent resupply most of the roving Brotherhoods had grown accustomed to.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u490/Revnesko/WH40K/White%20Scars/DSC02078_zps177lsssn.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u490/Revnesko/WH40K/White%20Scars/DSC02079_zpsd9aghtjw.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u490/Revnesko/WH40K/White%20Scars/DSC02080_zpsinvgsvh0.jpg

Volkite ahoy!

Always enjoy painting Scimitars. Want more.

@Bluntblade: Like this?

@Brother C9allius: Thank you! I am slowly replacing heads, then it's some slight repainting of markings and reweathering. Will likely get a lot done over the holidays (4 days of work, then 12 days off!

Looks like a swift horseman

Thanks, yeah, I think the Mk. IV adds to that?

Really like it! The black burnt weathering is made with sponge chipping black or powders?

Sponging all the way.

Lovely as usual, really diggin' that bronze for the trim :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I tried doing a single marine with red trim, but I really didn't like it.

I haven't looked at this thread in so long and man these are truly beautiful!

Probably shouldn't have as I'm now seriously missing my Scars... must resist buying a new army

You're a bad influence bro!

Sorry, not sorry :p

With a nice Chrimbo-present of £120 of gift voucher, I'm finally set to order the next expansion for the Brotherhood. In the meantime, I've got some bits and bobs that I'll work on tomorrow evening. surprises incoming :D