Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear

No idea how I missed this, but I'm very glad I clicked on the link in your signature :smile.: Very inspirational for my own DIY stuff right now, please keep up the awesome work brother!

Thank you!

I am still awaiting a delivery, but there's more to come, I assure you.

White Scars players always seem to have the nicest armies. Fantastic work. 

Aww, shucks, that's very kind of you.

how have I not seen your stuff before now.  Fantastic work.

Thank you! Glad you found it then :D

Do you have an idea for when the Mingan get cut off from the main Legion? Perhaps they're engaged when the order comes to muster, and they opt not to lead the enemy to their brothers.

In my head-canon, they peel off immediately after the Triumph to join a Rogue Trader Expedition, Honouring an old Oath made by one of the old Terran Khans. This gives me room to be anywhere I want during the Heresy, eventually rejoinning the Legion proper after "Path of Heaven", but before the Siege itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to get some notes in order, would make everything easier and more coherent :D

Moghuchin is Zadyin arga of the Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear, and one of Tenghudai Khan's closest confidants. At the outset of the Heresy, he had served one hundred and one years in the Legion. Chogorian, born to one of the minor tribes that paid the Talskar tribute, he bore numerous facial tatoos and facial scars in addition to the traditional  Talskar cut that marked Ascension to the Vth. Legion. Softspoken, with the quiet authority shared by many Zadyin arga, Moghuchin would enter the meditative state nescessary to discern kernels of truth from the swirling maelstroms of half-formed futures, and when the truest interpretation was clear to him, a deft stroke of his Aduun-haired brush would imprint it in Korchin calligraphy on the page before him.

Like most Zadyin arga, Moghuchins gifts had already begun to manifest at the time of his induction into the Ordu of Jaghatai. While a promising prospect, there was some initial concern amongst the senior Stormseers that Moghuchin was too impetous, but under the firm tutelage of Targutai Yesugei and Alagh Erketu, he was eventually centered on the path of temperance. His talents had manifested early in life as premonitions of what was to come, and on occasion witnessing things before they happened. As he rose in power and confidence, he was welcomed into the council of Olaghu Khan, Last Terran of the Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear. Here, his surety in walking the path-between-the-stars and sifting through the dream-mirrors of things to come aided the Brotherhood in maintaining the unpredictability which is so characteristic of the Ordus way of war.

Moghuchin would often council caution in the face of the impetuous spirit of the Legion, sifting through all available information, both material and esoteric.

Love ur fluff...keep it coming

Same here. I want to read more about your Scars. :smile.:

Thanks! I am looking at writing up a short story detailing the actions of the Brotherhood from the Triumph and untill they return to Imperial Space, and find the turmoil of the Heresy in full swing.

Fantastic thread, characterful fluff and gorgeous minis well done sir

Thank you! They are my pride and joy :D

Also, after hair-raising delivery issues, FW has just dispatched my order from a month ago (again, thank you UPS :wallbash:), so I hope I can get to work on the next expansion next week.

Same here. I want to read more about your Scars. :smile.:

Thanks! I am looking at writing up a short story detailing the actions of the Brotherhood from the Triumph and untill they return to Imperial Space, and find the turmoil of the Heresy in full swing.

Really looking forward to this. ^

Quick update, UPS finally got off their backsides and I'm sitting on a new gorgeous pile of resin.

I've pledged it all to Loyalty&Treachery, so you may as well get the scoop here.

There'll be the aforementioned cc-Veterans in Mk. II armour, ten of them with the full White Scars upgrade deal, six Scimitars for Skyhunter Squad nr. two, and last but not least, a Caestus Assault Ram for the Veterans to ride around in :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...

Ullanor was barely visible, so densely were the Imperial fleets packed around what was once the hateful epicentre of Orkoid Dominance. Astartes fleets from a half-score different legions were swirling amidst the massed flotillas of the Imperial Navy, like shoals of pisces, glittering in the great darkness.

A dozen solar diameters distant from the teeming fleets and their slow, churning orbit, an unusual rendevous was about to commence. Two distinct craft pulling abreast of each other. One, an ancient, squat shape, bearing crumbling gilded buttresses and the faded colours of the Houtremian Rogue Trader house, barely a footnote in the annals of the Great Crusade. The other, a sharply edged craft, a spear gleaming white and polished bronze, strikes of red lightning and calligraphy spanning panels the height of a battle Titan. In the dark between the two, a shuttlecraft burned towards the white craft. Vikhard Houtremian gazed through the slanted viewport, not more than a slit of hardened flex-silica, taking in the splendour of his soon-to-be hosts. His heart was racing as the fruits of more than a decade of painstaking preparations, thankless labour and endless petitioning finally seemed to be within his grasp. He shook his head slightly as he thought of the drudgery of convincing the initial donors of the viability of reviving the Houtremian Rogue Trader License, decomissioned for more than a century, and buried in the depths of the Imperial Adminstration. He thought of the extensive refitting of the Ardent Voyager  to make it even vaguely space-worthy again, and navigating the intricacies of the Navis Nobilite Hierarchies to secure access to the Jhovian Librariam, where he'd unearthed the prize worthy of undertaking the expedition in the first place. And now, all those things seemed as naught, as he was about to face the inscrutable Vth. Legion, the White Scars of Jaghatai Khan. "They agreed to grant you an audience", the voice of Armillia Heliokles brought him out of his reverie. "They would not waste their time on us at this moment if they were not considering granting your request". He turned to regard her, the pristine uniform of the Bospor 31st. "They have quite the mercurial reputation, I wouldn't get my hopes up, General-Major". He dearly hoped she was right, but too much hinged on the Astartes both remembering and honouring an oath made to his grandfather when the Crusade was young, an oath of a different time.

A little fluffing around on my part. Caestus is ready for priming, real life's been acting up recently, but I should get into the swing of things now!