Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

So cool! I'd love to do an Acheron like yours one day. I doubt it would look half as good as what you've got going. Awesome work.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the kit. A knight that likes to get up close and burn enemies would be very fitting for an army like yours (with kill, maim, burn and all that ^^). On top of that it's great rules-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Transmitted: Varang Malus
Received: XC-3FF
Destination: XC-44O
Telepathic duct: Astropath-Terminus Turas

Date: 7335332M41
Ref: Inq/0ii9782/FT
By: Inquisitor Cheiron
Re: Dies Ater
Thought of the day: Death is the servant of the righteous

Honoured masters, we have found her! Recent explorations near the Ghoul Stars led me to discovering the hide-out of an as yet undetermined --redacted-- warband on Varang Malus. I assessed the threat as too great for my own forces and transmitted petitions for reinforcements to the nearest fleets, which were swiftly answered by Marshal Ricard of the Black Templars.

Planetfall and subsequent attack wave went just as I had anticipated and casualties were negligible. It wasn’t until approximately 17 hours later that Dies Ater entered the battle field. I don’t know how she was able to avoid pre-scans as well as aerial reconnaissance. It was terrible. In a way it was also quite some luck. How many years have we been hunting that renegade knight? I can’t even remember. It appears her pilot had gifted the heretic --redacted-- with the corpse of Knight-Scion Jarus. I was able to confirm the Scion's identity by taking a quick gene-sample from him, when I examined one of the destroyed traitor transporters and found his body nailed to the front.

I have disengaged from battle and returned to my ship in orbit. My lords, I trust you know what I need of you. Now, finally, we have found her. Now, more than ever, we must destroy her. I have waited far too long for this.

The Emperor protects,
Inquisitor Athmos Cheiron

Days of Darkness, Days of Rage

Bring me my bow of burning gold!

Bring me my arrows of desire!

Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!

Bring me my chariot of fire!

(Pilot of Dies Ater before engaging in battle on Varang Malus)

gallery_92971_11994_280785.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_199716.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_579273.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_515101.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_252480.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_582967.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this in all its glory.

There you go. :smile.:

I thought for sure the Knight would be blue!

I love the Raptor Sergeant, there's something about that sword that looks like a medieval torture device that just draws me in!

I really like your comparison. I just thought it's a sword a Night Lord would use. :biggrin.:

Phew...I had that knight on my to-do list since I've assembled it back in last October. So after a bit of procrastination ETL gave me enough motivation to pull through and finally finish the job. I'm going to add a thing here and there, like the crotch banner and a TL heavy bolter (still looking for the right bits there), maybe a couple decals, maybe some corpses chained to one of the greaves. But for the sake of my vow I consider it done.

Edited by Isengrin

Fantastic work on the Knight! The painting, especially the weathering, is looking ace, and the conversion is also very effective! Most Knights making use of bitz from the Lord of Skulls kit end up looking slightly wonky, but it really works on your model, particularly the use of the pauldrons.

Extra kudos for featuring a fully modeled pilot (and a grrrl, no less ;) ) -- every Knight should have one!

Goddammit, that thing is epic! I absolutely love how you worked on red and metallics, it looks like it have gone through numerous battles and still emegred victorious.

Oh stop it, guys. You're making me blush.  :thanks:

Fantastic work on the Knight! The painting, especially the weathering, is looking ace, and the conversion is also very effective! Most Knights making use of bitz from the Lord of Skulls kit end up looking slightly wonky, but it really works on your model, particularly the use of the pauldrons.

Extra kudos for featuring a fully modeled pilot (and a grrrl, no less :wink: ) -- every Knight should have one!

Oh indeed, we definitely need more riot grrrls in here.

When I do my Knight army I'm stealing the Lord of Skulls bits idea, cause it looks cool as hell.

Dragonlover

You won't be disappointed. The shoulder pads don't fit neatly on the knight though, so you'll have to cut and file a bit, but it's nothing complicated.

Now, after being almost done with my ETL vow (only one raptor left) it's on to Cincinnati my next projects. I've got an Apoc game with my gaming buddies scheduled at the end of October, which should afford me enough time to tackle another big model or two and some smaller stuff. For starters I'm going to work on a maulerfiend (my second fiend actually) and since I've built the first one straight out of the box, I'll do some conversion work this time. There's also the executioner from last page, five flesh hounds and a Khorne lord that I've wanted to build for a while now. As I'm a bit light on infantry five more MkIII and a few regular Marines are in order and maybe, maybe I'll get on with my take on noise marine...who wear jump packs...and carry bigger guns. We'll see. :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YES! Glorious knight you have there!!

Thanks a lot, dude!

...talk about a post-ETL hangover. I'm slowly beginning to get back in the groove though, mostly doing conversion work on the stuff I've mentioned in my last post. I've actually finished painting the five chaos wolves count-as flesh hounds, but since I'm currently not at home and won't be for another month, I'll have to show you something else for now.

First of all I've got Malal's chosen. He'll receive new shoulder pads as soon as Master-crafted takes orders again and I want to work a bit more on his greaves. His thing is to collect keepsakes from his victims like the slaaneshi icon on his back or the thigh bone as dagger handle.

gallery_92971_12020_72008.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_114802.jpg

The Juggerlord is more or less done except for his base.

gallery_92971_12020_48900.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_150593.jpg

And to terrify my opponents even more, I'm building another maulerfiend (really, they hate those with a passion). The model is quite restrictive in regards to posing, making it difficult to put together without repeating the exact same stance. I ended up cutting apart the left leg at two places and also repositioned the fingers on both hands. I left it out of the pic, but I think I'll straighten the right arm, to make it look like it's hanging loosely from the body while holding a marine's arm in its claw or something like that.

gallery_92971_12020_173211.jpg

The pics are not great, because I had to make do without my usual setup. I hope you like 'em anyway. :smile.:

YES! Been waiting to see the hooded chosen, he looks so good. Mauler fiend repose also looks ace, looking forward to seeing what you do with the base of the jugger lord.

Thanks! 

Hey. Can you cast the hooded choaen and sent him to me? He is awesome and i want him

And good to 2 see u back in the saddle

Ya know, today you're in luck. The first response I got was from my buddy who absolutely wants to copy him. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi gang! (Relatively) long time no see. I managed to pick up the aforementioned hounds and more importantly my paints, which allowed me to work on the juggernaut lord. I'm still going to touch up a few things like his axe, the helm tassels, and a couple other details, but all in all think he came out alright. It's too bad GW didn't include these old metal hounds in their made-to-order assortment, because I think they outshine the current plastics (of which I had to get one in order to fill the pack).

I've also been preparing the maulerfiend for airbrushing, shouldn't take too long to finish it.

gallery_92971_11994_327330.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_294005.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_17815.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_97061.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. :smile.:

The jugger lord is looking excellent! The blue armour throws me off a bit, but that's just my being used to followers of Khorne wearing red ;) A lovely composition, though!

Great job on the hounds as well! If you want to have a full squad of the old metal hounds, I have at least one of those that I don't need any longer and could send your way. Personally speaking, some of the old metal dogs are a bit too clunky for my taste. Anyway, let me know if you're interested! ;)