Eaters of worlds VI Echelon - The Blackmaw horrors

Hathis

Hushrong

For building them, I kinda wish I had the fine cast ones for easy cutting, the Adeptus mechanicus kataphron kit is ace to take parts from,

will grab another kit soon, so many useful things.

The Spartan I have only mentioned before, still miles away to be finished.

Elduderino

With the skills, there sculpturs posses I hope not, then mine will look like crap :smile.:.

Wip of the spartan.

gallery_93138_12753_115846.jpg

This and your other work looks ace, brother. I love how you achieve an organic look with using elements of mechanical nature. Especially the obliterator look very well balanced between fleshy hulks, evil terminators and robed fanatics. Most conversions of obliterator i've seen around are too restricted on one aspect, but you managed to fuse all of these into one.

Just recovered from so much shock and awes. Like 1000 Sons I love the ramp and I love the sheer size of that thing.

Are those box units next to the large searchlights? Just so they can hurl insults and threats before being unleashed to back them up with their axes.

Must say I truly enjoy your vision for chaos.

the inspiration for the box units and the lights came from RL flashbangs effect, ingame they are as you guessed Dirge casters.

The options I have gone for are:

twin-linked heavy flamer

Destroyer sponsons

Frag assault launchers 

dirge casters.

Not really sure why, but I more or less hate Las cannons, well las weapons in general, I guess, and it's why I had to make something else up for the spartan.

Hopefully I will keep my focus on the spartan, and not get distracted by some other project crying for attention.

Edit: On the size, if my calculations are correct, it should be about the same size as the original spartan, as I lowered the lights it might trick the eyes a bit.

Edited by Hathis

• 2 weeks later...

This is one AWESOME project. I seriously love it. All of it!!

It is difficult to create original ideas for World Eaters, but you have done just that - and the execution is superb :tu: :tu: :tu: I love the conversions, and the grim dark paint jobs. Very difficult to pick a favourite, but I am going to go for the Obliterators, they are just plain freaky (in a good way).

The Spartan you are working on is really looking the part B)

Many thanks, Given that my view on Worldeaters differs from most of them, it's fun to see all the nice compliments you've written.

It really motivates me to keep my focus on this, as everyone knows, it's all too easy to get distracted by other projects, and most of them are not with in the frame for B&C.

Something that can drive me into insanity is when you get stuck or can not re-create what you've done in your head, for example, Dreadclaw, got it almost 2 years ago, still do not know what or how to fix it, can not even get a blueprint on paper.

Your World Eaters are quite unlike every other XII Legion project out there -- and I mean that in the best possible way! They are creepy, entropic and drenched in gore, yet perfectly read as World Eaters at the same time. Extra kudos for the Obliterators that have an almost Giger-esque, biomechanical quality, yet still work rather beauifully as CSM Obliterators.

And that servitor/tech-wraith/whatever piloting the Spartan? That's just utterly brilliant, mate! Fantastic work all around! :)

• 2 weeks later...

KrautScientist:

They are creepy, entropic and drenched in gore, Music to our ears.

Still a lot to do on the Spartan, I have always felt vehicles are the hardest to do, one reason i know of is, when I leave empty spaces I feel something is missing, when GW does the same it by some weird reason do not bother me.

In the pipeline for my Worldeaters i have started on:

8 Worldeater assault unit - Basically just need paint.

1 Dreadclaw - Totally stuck on ideas.

1 Daemon prince - Didn't turn out as i wanted so need a remake.

2 Contemptors - half way in the build i guess.

1 Decimator - lost inspiration.

20 Cultists - mostly just paint.

3 Mutilators - Missing parts i want.

3 Rapiers - not sure on the weapon load out.

Just in blueprint:

1 Rhino

1 Vindicator

1 Dark apostle

xx Terminators

xx Warptalons

xx Possessed

xx Spawn's

Not counting any Daemon's of Khorne as they kinda look, humm normal, speed painted them as they where not that fun to do.

Orc vehicle and nice work, :ermm:

I did not know you could use that together, always thought they meant the opposite, like that vehicle looks good, or well that vehicle I guess count as something orcish. :wink:

Orc vehicle and nice work, :ermm:

I did not know you could use that together, always thought they meant the opposite, like that vehicle looks good, or well that vehicle I guess count as something orcish. :wink:

Mmmh...maybe. But I said Ork and not Orc so that's okay. :P

Nice work is pretty subjective anyway. :D

That skullhoarder rocks my socks!

I see a warpsmith torso, a FW WE head (?) with plastic from the warmonger guys I think, and tha DV guy's mace. That guy is one heck of a splendid conversion. I almost want to say get side tracked more!

As for the Spartans sides I'd say a few spines growing out of the armor. Maybe a few of them adorned with skulls and helms. Or a corpse. Even if you side step out of its way it still could get ya.

Well spotted Hushrong, yes its parts of a FW WE helmet, FW really made a good job on there helmets, just love the fangs.

I know I am a total noob when it comes to forums and such, and even if it took me some time just figuring out how to post a pic,

Joining B&C have been one of the best things I have done for my own part of the hobby, it has given me huge motivation Boost.

And when you all fall, in combat we will gladly deliver your skulls to the Blood god!

speaking of which, besides tidy up I believe I'm done with The Skullhoarder, Khorne knows when I will have the time to paint him.

gallery_93138_12753_128810.jpg

Eye of the beholder, I guess as the spikes on the greaves I wasn't really sure of to keep but I was a bit too tired at the time so posted the pic and thought I sleep on it.

ElDuderino you convinced me so they will stay.