Eaters of worlds VI Echelon - The Blackmaw horrors

Hathis

Hushrong

I will try my best to get him painted as fast as spare time let me.:biggrin.:

Cheex, At first I thought it was some kind of Nurgle way to give a compliment , but then, I saw Slave of darkness comment, and thought of Slaanesh, 

so for any of the reasons you need new pants, but I take it as a positive sign, before I get a mental image of either ways:wink:

Greenz

:thumbsup:

sfPanzer

Eh, one can't have enough bling:tongue.:

Edited by Hathis

Cheex, At first I thought it was some kind of Nurgle way to give a compliment , but then, I saw Slave of darkness comment, and thought of Slaanesh,

so for any of the reasons you need new pants, but I take it as a positive sign, before I get a mental image of either ways:wink:

Greenz

:thumbsup:

A little bit of both, if I'm honest.

But seriously, that is one epic dreadnought. Makes me want to get one so bad!

• 2 months later...

Work, work, work, the flue, some more work, re hit by the flue and a little more work, but finely a weekend with free time to finish my Leviathan, The hound as i have named him, to be honest, i'm not sure he is really finished but after months watching him unfinished I am bored with him and want to continue on other projects.

gallery_93138_12265_223111.jpg

Akrim:

The face for the most part is from the bloodthirster but i turned it upside down , added Khorne marks, lenses, extra horns and cables.

Hushrong:

closest in line are 8 berzerkers that i think been waiting nearly a year to get some paint, the Bannerman for the butcher unit need paint as well.

20 cultists, conversion done. as well just need paint. I sense a pattern here, love to build, paint not as much.

I got stuck with the Spartan, and i have been thinking maybe turn it into an Achilles instead, as I am not to fond of super heavies.

Really looking forward to seeing some painted updates! I like building myself but it takes me forever to get motivated and painting...I'm just dreadful at it and even more slow to do it.

Interested in seeing your take on an Achilles. I kind of want one and bought two LR chassis for 32 bucks (they still need guns though...). I was tinkering with the idea of converting one into an Achilles for fire support.

I honestly can’t stop staring at that beast. I keep finding more and more (and more) details that are blowing me away. That face was a stroke of genius. I’m curious to know, how did you pull of that mottled effect across the open areas. I’m really enjoying that

Greenz:

The mottled effect is easy to do just take a little time, as it's made with different layers of washes, the last was applied before the other was half dried.

Hushrong:

Still not sure if i keep it as a Spartan or not, but if i do change it to an Achilles, the biggest change would be to build the soulburner bombard on its roof,

and change to heavyflamer to an havoc launcher.

The more I go back and look at your spartan the more I think you should leave it as a spartan. I love the iris door and the idea of that beast ready to unload Berzerkers into the fray. I’m a little biased because for years I’ve been wanting a land raider or two full of Khorne’s finest ready to hack and slash. What exactly are you stuck on regarding that model? I think with a few grisly trophies and some blood anointed World Eater emblems you’ll be all set.

Then, if you want an Achilles make another tank with fresh ideas.

I guess your right hushrong, and I had forgotten the size increase I made to it would make it too large for an Achilles, will just have to force myself to get inspired

to finish it, and hopefully before ideas for an Achilles start to appear.

What do you think is lacking on the Spartan? I definitely think trophies or icons will take care of the front. Just imagine, a berserker leapt out into combat hacking down foes like wheat to a scythe only to become entangled in a worthy duel where he reaped another skull for his god. He drags the corpse back to the land raider and before entering impales it on a trophy rack until the oncoming fire from the next battle blows it away and he just replaces it again. Man, that sounds like old school soviet armor too. "hey, infantry, hop onto my tank. Cover every inch of it if you could please, comrades!"

Also, very stoked to see more painted Berzerkers! That is always a welcomed treat!

Thanks for all the positive feedback you guys, have given, it not only makes me happy to hear other hobbyists like my take on the worldeaters, but it is also huge motivator.:biggrin.: :thumbsup:

Hushrong:

The main concern i had with the Spartan was that it had lost its vision of dark, gritty and sinister feel. and yes, i know i typed had:wink: your last coment helped breaking the mind block and it feels i'm back on track with it.

Now there is some nightmare fuel!

Creepy fella and he has an actually important job in regards to his god. He’s prepping those skulls for the throne! That big, bulbous head reminds me of the sentinels from The Matrix and I like that too! Wonder what his new crewmate looks like....

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, that thing is just creepy.

You don't usually see Khornates going with this level of just straight body-horror and creepiness.

I like it. In all honesty though, my favorite model of yours that you've done so far is the Leviathan. The leg extensions on the thighs was brilliant. I'm curious, how did you do them, aside from the obvious sawing and greenstuffing?