[WIP] - Kavaal Korst'la'sha'is - Working on a Manta

elmo

Work progresses on the 3 XV9s and XV88-2 with the torsos being almost complete less a little detailing.

The decals/weathering will come later once the models are fully assembled.

The XV88-2 arms where a little fiddly and took a few tries to get how I wanted... hopefully 1f609.png;)

gallery_62353_11005_17664.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_55440.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_38931.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_52058.jpg

I am on a long weekend now so work will progress next week with legs/arms and weapons. Should be on the bases the week after.

Cheers mith :)

I paint nearly everything in sub-assemblies. It helps to make progress more obvious and keep the motivation going plus production line technique. Also I can always get at those "hard to reach areas" ;)

At the end of each week I always feel like I have achieved something plus it is a great feeling when they finally go together.

It has always worked for me :thumbsup:

I have recently acquired some of these with the plan to use them to magnetise the arms on my 6 XV88s waiting patiently in the painting queue...

tn_gallery_62353_10053_40739.jpg

The plan is to fit the ball to the arm joint and recess the magnet into the body. The only problem I may have is avoiding arm droop due to the weight of the arms - but if you never try something you never know if it would have worked...

Something should happen after the ETL is over as this will be a serious drain on painting time.

Should be interesting :wink:

Edited by elmo

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Hazard suits.

Are they any good in game?

I have no idea. Just bought them for the look and have not used them in game yet ;)

I don't know why I do this to myself.... Just bought another box of Crisis Suits :unsure.:

For The Greater Good

dem suits are amazing, I really like the new crisis suit kits compared to the old models.  Even more so since I got one suit second hand in my army and due to its static posing, it makes the new kits even more amazing.   Sadly static joe will be the first removed every game now lol.    But you could have spent a little more and got a start collecting box so at least you can tell yourself, I didn't get an extra ethereal and fire warriors with that purchase (seriously in the US, its only 10 bucks more for the collecting kit that comes with 10 fire warriors and an ethereal but i don't need another of those spiritual leaders lol).  

I did get 2 Start collecting sets last year but I have sooo many Fire Warriors (150+) and Ethereals I did not need any more.

I converted the Ethereals on drones into heavy gun drones and Bodyguard figures for my version of Aun'Va

gallery_62353_13282_38186.jpg

dem suits are amazing, I really like the new crisis suit kits compared to the old models. Even more so since I got one suit second hand in my army and due to its static posing, it makes the new kits even more amazing. Sadly static joe will be the first removed every game now lol.

You can cut and reposition the arms and legs so as to make some different poses. It is fairly simple to do and just requires a steady hand.

Yeah I could but this model I got dirt cheap and was already assembled, tried to snap off the weapons he put on it and that was a bit difficult. The glue on the suit was strong and the tanks however was a bit fragile. The guy even used paint that wouldn't strip off, thankfully it was thin, unlike a few of the fire warriors which had thick paint on them. The guy was just getting rid of,the models and wanting something g back, and I got the, through a friend of his. Dirt cheap helps, as I got 12 fire warriors, a devil fish, hammerhead, and e one suit for like 40 bucks. So he will be static for now, and will eventually be replaced, once I can afford to score another box of suits,

As for the aun via conversion that looks really good, I do like the weapons, and the heavy gun drones too. I always found it odd, that tau focus on ranged weapons but then their spiritual leaders go all melee but don't come with built in shield generators. Surprised we haven't gotten an ethereal in a suit for more nasty melee fun.

Not planning on stopping any time soon... So much in the painting queue still to do :ph34r.: