Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?

Dosjetka

Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?  

631 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have dug our graves in our chapter and we will either triumph or we will die! Black Templars first, foremost, and ALWAYS! Though I do love all of our brother chapters dearly and love seeing their accomplished representation by our brothers' armys

Started Templars in 2011. The Space Marine game was my first intro to 40K, bought Black Reach but knew I didn't want to play Ultramarines. Did some fluff research, read the BT dex, and I was immediately hooked.

Found out that my money and interest no longer mattered to GW during 6th Ed with no explanation or apology and sold my army off after a few very poor games.

Bought em back beginning of this year when GS came out thinking they were getting another chance. Still in the same boat. Not much interest in the hobby anymore (haven't played or painted in months), but the Black Templars are still by far the coolest chapter in the grin darkness of the far future.

I just want to point this out:

Congrats to the IF for being the 2nd Chapter to FINALLY break into double digits in the poll! I was honestly starting to wonder!

Much love for the Parent Chapter, and all Sons of Dorn!

I just want to point this out:

Congrats to the IF for being the 2nd Chapter to FINALLY break into double digits in the poll! I was honestly starting to wonder!

Much love for the Parent Chapter, and all Sons of Dorn!

In the meantime Templars are slowly creeping up to triple :D

Anyone had anymore doubt about the size of the Eternal Crusade? :v

If you (re-)read my first post, you'll see that this was never intended to be and still isn't a competition but a way to see which of Dorn's successors are actually being collected/played out there. ;)

Though it doesn't suprise me that the Templars have gone ahead and made it a competition anyway even if it is completely worthless. :P

If you (re-)read my first post, you'll see that this was never intended to be and still isn't a competition but a way to see which of Dorn's successors are actually being collected/played out there. :wink:

ZEAL IS ITS OWN REWARD.

Though it doesn't suprise me that the Templars have gone ahead and made it a competition anyway even if it is completely worthless. :tongue.:

YOUR INTENTIONS, HOWEVER NOBLE, COULD NEVER WITHSTAND THE BLISTERING INTENSITY OF OUR FOCUSED ATTENTION.

ZEAL OVERWHELMS EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES, ANNIHILATES WEAKNESS, OBLITERATES DOUBT.

WITH ZEAL, THE IMPOSSIBLE BECOMES POSSIBLE.

5th Company of the Imperial Fists

My Strategy;

Drop Pod Assault covered by a Aegis - Devastator gun line

My HQ of choice is Sgt Garadon, a veteran Sgt in the 3rd Company found in the 6th ed Sentinels of Terra supplement book

If you (re-)read my first post, you'll see that this was never intended to be and still isn't a competition but a way to see which of Dorn's successors are actually being collected/played out there. :wink:

Though it doesn't suprise me that the Templars have gone ahead and made it a competition anyway even if it is completely worthless. :tongue.:

We have simply accepted that challenge, no matter the odds ;)

I chose Red Templars because, as I also play Sisters of Battle, I could use the same vehicle hulls as they would both use the same emblem. I also like them as they are both an "Official" Chapter, yet also one in which there has been nothing written for, which allows me carte blanche for my Unit background and history. :-)

I must say I was surprised and pleased to see another Red Templar player on the Poll.

I play VII Legion because it, to me, sums up the ethos of the sons of Dorn the best, because that's why I chose the Fists - the ethos, the spirit of duty.

People often seem to forget that beyond the memes, the Fists were more then a Legion dedicated to garrisons and defence or even siege warfare. We were among the premier of the Legiones Astartes when it came to void warfare, we excelled at the standard combat practices of the Legions, as all did, we had formations that were known for their melee potential such as Rahn's command and the Templar Brethren; we did so much. And that gets lost. Never forget that we served as the Emperor's strategic reserve during the Great Crusade, not because we were the best at everything, because we weren't. I am among the most biased when it comes to the Imperial Fists and their successors, and even I must accept this truth. We were not necessarily the best. We were very good at many things, but in many of those areas other Legions outshine us. No, we were the strategic reserve of the Emperor because we could be counted on.

There is a very good reason that I titled my project thread The Burden of Duty when I first started tackling the Fists. It's taken from a piece of writing that Darrell wrote years ago, and at least to me, it sums up the essence of what the Fists are about. Theirs is the burden of duty. To say that they are the "most loyal" chapter or Legion is a bit extreme, but I don't think it presumptuous to say that we have a sense of doing what needs to be done, despite whatever may stand as obstacles against us, unparalleled by any other geneline of the Astartes. We are the essence of reliability, and I think nowhere is that more apparent then in the originalLegion.

I say that it is most apparent in the Legion, because as much as I love the Successor chapters of the VII - I will always have a soft spot for every single one - many of them are defined by different things. That is part of the truth of the Second Founding. The Crimson Fists are founded from the young bloods of the Legion, while the more zealous formed the Black Templar. The Excoriators are founded from the bloody survivors of the furious combat during the Siege of Terra. And so on and so forth. The only place such spirit yet remained was within the core founding of the VII Legion, the Imperial Fists. But their character is drastically different (and for good reason, as explained by the War of the Beast) in the 41st Millennium then it was during the Horus Heresy, Great Crusade, and what came after. Now... it seems less apparent in the Fists, in favor of strong siege warfare tactics and an adherence to the Codex.

This commitment to duty, then, is something that, in its purest form, has been lost through the millennia. Make no mistake, it beats eternal in the heart of every son of Dorn, no matter their Chapter colors, but the character of those Chapters that claim Dorn's lineage is not defined by it. The Legion, as I see it, is. And that's something special to me. That's why I play the VII Legion. It's because of that defining character trait to the Legion that doesn't define their Successors in the same way. It's something, honestly, I take pride in, despite knowing all this is fantasy, all this is a fiction. Because when things come down to it, army choices often reflect who we are, and vice versa. It's why so many of us talk about our Chapters and Legions in the first person - because they reflect our personality and we come to identify with them. I don't believe myself to be a particularly proud man - far from it - but there are a few qualities about myself that I do, in fact, take pride in. My pride in my Legion is a reflection of who I am and what I aspire to be.

I fear I'm getting a bit too offtopic there and starting to ramble, so I'll just end on that note. But... yeah. That's why I voted the way I did, best I can explain it.

Edited by Soldier of Dorn

WoW, that response sums up why you chose your Handle Name as well.   A Soldier is about Duty before self.   A soldier is about Duty before Pride.  A soldier is about Duty before Pleasure.   When it comes down to it, a Solider does what must be done, no matter the cost, even if that cost is the Soliders Life.    Duty First.  

I say that because as a former Soldier ( really branch doesn't matter because it is instilled in all Soldiers), I still find myself doing this.   At my work, I do what must be done, it doesn't matter if I like it or not, if it has to be done, then it gets done.  It may be my Job responsibility, but to me, its my Duty as an employee.    So I see where you are coming from, and I still see the Imperial fists, even though not a legion, they still exhibit this.  They follow the codex, because it is now their duty, handed to them by Dorn himself.   They follow the Emperor, because it was their Duty, first by Dorn, then his sons.   Yes they may not seem as strong in this since the codex adherance, but they are known for following the codex closer than any other chapter outside of the Ultramarines.   This speaks volumes, as they see it as their duty to be stringent upon, they see it as their duty appointed by their father, to follow it to the letter.  When Dorn finally accepted it, his Son's followed suit.   Not saying all the successors did, but the Imperial Fists themselves follow it to the letter.   They place themselves and the Phalanx in harms way today, because it is their Duty.  

I play VII Legion because it, to me, sums up the ethos of the sons of Dorn the best, because that's why I chose the Fists - the ethos, the spirit of duty.

People often seem to forget that beyond the memes, the Fists were more then a Legion dedicated to garrisons and defence or even siege warfare. We were among the premier of the Legiones Astartes when it came to void warfare, we excelled at the standard combat practices of the Legions, as all did, we had formations that were known for their melee potential such as Rahn's command and the Templar Brethren; we did so much. And that gets lost. Never forget that we served as the Emperor's strategic reserve during the Great Crusade, not because we were the best at everything, because we weren't. I am among the most biased when it comes to the Imperial Fists and their successors, and even I must accept this truth. We were not necessarily the best. We were very good at many things, but in many of those areas other Legions outshine us. No, we were the strategic reserve of the Emperor because we could be counted on.

There is a very good reason that I titled my project thread The Burden of Duty when I first started tackling the Fists. It's taken from a piece of writing that Darrell wrote years ago, and at least to me, it sums up the essence of what the Fists are about. Theirs is the burden of duty. To say that they are the "most loyal" chapter or Legion is a bit extreme, but I don't think it presumptuous to say that we have a sense of doing what needs to be done, despite whatever may stand as obstacles against us, unparalleled by any other geneline of the Astartes. We are the essence of reliability, and I think nowhere is that more apparent then in the originalLegion.

I say that it is most apparent in the Legion, because as much as I love the Successor chapters of the VII - I will always have a soft spot for every single one - many of them are defined by different things. That is part of the truth of the Second Founding. The Crimson Fists are founded from the young bloods of the Legion, while the more zealous formed the Black Templar. The Excoriators are founded from the bloody survivors of the furious combat during the Siege of Terra. And so on and so forth. The only place such spirit yet remained was within the core founding of the VII Legion, the Imperial Fists. But their character is drastically different (and for good reason, as explained by the War of the Beast) in the 41st Millennium then it was during the Horus Heresy, Great Crusade, and what came after. Now... it seems less apparent in the Fists, in favor of strong siege warfare tactics and an adherence to the Codex.

This commitment to duty, then, is something that, in its purest form, has been lost through the millennia. Make no mistake, it beats eternal in the heart of every son of Dorn, no matter their Chapter colors, but the character of those Chapters that claim Dorn's lineage is not defined by it. The Legion, as I see it, is. And that's something special to me. That's why I play the VII Legion. It's because of that defining character trait to the Legion that doesn't define their Successors in the same way. It's something, honestly, I take pride in, despite knowing all this is fantasy, all this is a fiction. Because when things come down to it, army choices often reflect who we are, and vice versa. It's why so many of us talk about our Chapters and Legions in the first person - because they reflect our personality and we come to identify with them. I don't believe myself to be a particularly proud man - far from it - but there are a few qualities about myself that I do, in fact, take pride in. My pride in my Legion is a reflection of who I am and what I aspire to be.

I fear I'm getting a bit too offtopic there and starting to ramble, so I'll just end on that note. But... yeah. That's why I voted the way I did, best I can explain it.

WoW, that response sums up why you chose your Handle Name as well.   A Soldier is about Duty before self.   A soldier is about Duty before Pride.  A soldier is about Duty before Pleasure.   When it comes down to it, a Solider does what must be done, no matter the cost, even if that cost is the Soliders Life.    Duty First.  

I say that because as a former Soldier ( really branch doesn't matter because it is instilled in all Soldiers), I still find myself doing this.   At my work, I do what must be done, it doesn't matter if I like it or not, if it has to be done, then it gets done.  It may be my Job responsibility, but to me, its my Duty as an employee.    So I see where you are coming from, and I still see the Imperial fists, even though not a legion, they still exhibit this.  They follow the codex, because it is now their duty, handed to them by Dorn himself.   They follow the Emperor, because it was their Duty, first by Dorn, then his sons.   Yes they may not seem as strong in this since the codex adherance, but they are known for following the codex closer than any other chapter outside of the Ultramarines.   This speaks volumes, as they see it as their duty to be stringent upon, they see it as their duty appointed by their father, to follow it to the letter.  When Dorn finally accepted it, his Son's followed suit.   Not saying all the successors did, but the Imperial Fists themselves follow it to the letter.   They place themselves and the Phalanx in harms way today, because it is their Duty.

It is these sentiments above, that make me proud of our lineage. Your comments reflect a level of eloquence that red text will never accomplish.

If I were not a Templar, I could only be an Imperial Fist, for what you speak of resonates in me as well.

We are all  sons of the same father, but it is your willingness to take on the burden of duty, that honors us all.