Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?

Dosjetka

Poll: What flavour of Imperial Fists are you?  

631 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Huge thanks to the following for their show of zeal and chainswords! :)

foamy248Barabbas SogalonBrother TylerAndrewChristliebd3m01iti0nKastor Kriegrye0006ConineAlmightyWalrusOthniel's BladeMyD4rkPassengerSlackmastertwigMarshal WolfhartLysereMarshal_RoujakisCastellan CynebaldasbonetM@verik115bolvarCalderssonBT_CennarTheOneTrueZonMeticredmapaHenricusTyranicustemplar36DBadgerbalordazulEberiousMarshal LaerothKhorneHunter57xFortesMasteryFirepower+Chaplain Matthias+SchlitzafTheForgottenAngelUrkhCilerobsidian quackerThe Spanish InquisitorST.LazarusAcebaurSeteGaius ValariusValdr Fell-fistCarodcptangelJAG TemplarMarshal PenguinT-RockBrother CristopherSWORD BROTHER RYANSegismundoMedjugorjeReinhardHondakombatwombatTopsy_KretLordValrakCaptnRussiaSydonianDragoon404Marshal HelzeniusKontaktspedley13GendoBrother Chaplain RyldLippyBruder JakobBukimimaruHighMarshalAlexSir ClauselKilamandarosCastellan DorenCerberus_2.0TheVIIthKastellan KongBrother CarnCloset SkeletonWay1andBjorn FirewalkerDasPanzerIstUberMarshal Barbarossajtod21gally912KheotourMorovirzarkkarnbigbeefusMarshal EricPATemplarBrother HuhNards08TekmanOrk Pride ParadeCanadian_F_HMarshal HaduwigUndeadCrusaderEgeslic WitKisadaEbon HandskollSchultzhoffenLegion of OneMarshal MattiasPhal BrannonCognativePork Chop Express

Every time somebody votes this thread gets flagged as new content... I keep reading kastors last post... lol

One of the drawbacks with the poll software on this version of vbulletin. I had a similar "problem" with the BA thread... Have to say though, I quite like the spread of Successors (the non-BT ones). Would be great to see some WIPs of those.

Celestial Lions my only have seven votes, but proportionate to the remaining marines in our chapter, we're crushing the Templars right now.

Hadn't thought of that. Same goes for Soul Drinkers.

Cold and fast, brothers.

Celestial Lions my only have seven votes, but proportionate to the remaining marines in our chapter, we're crushing the Templars right now.

Hadn't thought of that. Same goes for Soul Drinkers.

Cold and fast, brothers.

Good one!

Seeing as you can build the entire celestial lions chapter out of a single comand squad box...

HEY a project even I could finish!

Edited by Canadian_F_H

There is a very good reason that I titled my project thread The Burden of Duty when I first started tackling the Fists. It's taken from a piece of writing that Darrell wrote years ago, and at least to me, it sums up the essence of what the Fists are about.

You should be careful about dropping names like that. You never know who might come out of the woodwork!

I was browsing through for some Executioners-related posts, as I do from time to time, and stumbled across this thread. I was quite surprised to see my name being mentioned, especially regarding something I had written what feels like ages ago. I'm honored that it inspired you, and I'm humbled that I was able to express the feelings of many people regarding the Imperial Fists. I haven't kept up with lore in quite a while, so I don't know how much of what I wrote it is still applicable, but I hope the Fists haven't changed too much from the way I envisioned them at the time. It has always been a dream of mine to write things that other people felt inspired by, and wanted to be a part of. Thank you for letting me live that dream last night.

As for me, I cast my vote for the Executioners. I don't play them or paint them, but they are my favorite Chapter and one I would like to sit down and try my hand at writing about one day. I have a few pages in a notebook with ideas, as well as some scattered notes on my phone. A combination of the Imperial Fists with flavors of Solomon Kane and Conan the Cimmerian mixed in is just too much for me to turn down. It's nice to see the other Chapters represented--Celestial Lions, for instance, and to see at least six other people who share my appreciation for the Laughing Axemen. The VII will always be my Legion, though.

I'm beyond touched that so many people enjoyed that novella I wrote about how I saw the Imperial Fists. It took me quite a while typing it up on a smart phone in the middle of the night and, while I would never suggest that my vision is the only vision, it's a great feeling that other people read it and took inspiration from it. I hope you are all doing well. May your shoulders forever be broad, and never know the defeat of a duty unfulfilled.

I voted a while ago, but feel I need to speak up now. Also went with Subjugators. I was first drawn to them by fluff in the 5th edition Marine Codex, where it's mentioned that the only Predator pattern they use is the Annihilator. That was only cemented once I read their blurb in the Rites of Battle book from the DW RPG.

While I've not got around to painting, let along assembling, them (life and, uh, HH got in the way), 8th edition & Primaris marines are giving me new inspiration. So, yeah, +1 vote here for the mean, green, Astartes Praeses destruction machine.

Originally I collected Black Templars but decided I wanted to try a Chapter of my own creation but still a scion of Dorn. So created The Brotherhood of Dorn, painted white with Kantor blue shoulders. Although I kinda regret the choice of white now. Painting Black is so much easier.

I'm amazed by how many Custard Hands there are.  Yellow is a tricky colour and some shy away, which is why I'm pleasantly surprised to see they're more popular than the easier to paint "original" flavour of Fists.

I created my own chapter, it is 1 company strong, recruits from all dorn chapters. Hells Fist. They seach for dorn, that is their mission, they are like death watch, but fist chapters only. Tact squads organized into hunter and exstermination squads. Each squad coming from a different fist chapter.

My other chapter is imperial fist 3rd company, using primeris marines, a couple of dreads and scouts.

I went with homebrew for mine, as I hold 2 loyal DIY descendants of Dorn.

One was my first army 10 years hence. Originally I was going to set them up as Ultramarine descendants, but the style and unqiueness of the Imperial Fists' legacy caught my attention instead, and thus the rest is history.

The First is still young within the Imperium, birthed at the end of the 40th Millennium. It has been beset by misfortune as their numbers were halved within two centuries of warfare at the 41st Millennium's close. Though their newly forged combat edge has been severely blunted, the Sons of Doom are as steadfast and unwavering as their gene-father. They will not give up or relent in the face of the numerous enemy, as they seek to rebuild in this age of the Primaris Founding and bring their now fully kindled wrath upon the Xenos and Chaos forces that attempted to break their backs.

The other is my second foray into building an army, with a much longer and varied legacy from the younger descendants above. Masters of urban warfare, despite their proud and bright heraldry marking them out upon the battlefield, the Vanquishers have served throughout many of the Imperium's darkest hours since the Scouring. Their tenacity to overcome the duty of breaking the hardest of combative arenas to fight within and holding to their mantra of endurance against all, displays their own strong link to their lineage from the Crimson Fists and then upward to Dorn himself.

We are the sons of Rogal Dorn and the VIIth Legion. We have faced the many storms that have wracked the Imperium and at the end of each one, no matter how great or powerful the storm's fury, we have endured. We are the fortress you must break to defeat the Imperium. You break our fortresses, you face our blades. You break our blades, you face our fists. We will never surrender whilst the Imperium and one of our Battle Brothers still draws breath.

Cambrius

I only have one painted test mini, but the Crimson Fists have always been my favourite Dorn Successor, closely followed by Imperial Fists themselves. The first because of THIS picture and Imperial Fists because of the novel "Space Marine" :)

tl/dr: Crimson Fists :)