Primaris Chapter: Warhawks **News and Events**

Dracos

• 1 month later...

As you can see I had to use a fair amount of green stuff to get the guns angled in a more forward position. I hope this isn't going to cause some of the pauldrons to position a bit strangely. I doubt it'll cause a lot of issues those. I've had worse issues converting back in the day of all metal minis :) 

I think St.Lazarus still look much better with the Grey Knight Terminator heads, but like keeping the Primaris look as "pure" as possible given this is a conversion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ... it’s my take on St.Lazarus much better conversion. I’ve kept more of the original Aggressor look but his Templars are amazing.

I’ve shaved down the excess green stuff this week and with the weather turning decent in Indiana will be primer painting them and 10 more Intercessors for my first 2019 ETL vow. :)

After that ... the Xiphons ... I swear ;)

I’m thinking I actually want a 3rd Flyer but with money short I’ll have to trade the FW Contemptor :(

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to roll back around to Intercessors yesterday. I was able to get colored primer on 20 of the legs and torsos I built a while back. I hope to get some time to paint the eyes and chest aquilas this weekend but moving prep and lawn maintenance sadly will get priority.

Still trying to decide if I want to keep the standard color scheme for the Aggressors or go “Deathwingy” and go off scheme. Fiancé suggested the Dragon Red to make them pop against the other models - not that they don’t have enough of a bullseye on them anyway lol - or I keep tracking back to Army Green to maintain the “camo” scheme and as a nod to the Raptors who I want them to be the Primaris version of.

The. Xiphons, yes two, are decided. Desert Yellow body / wings with black / weapons with a brown wash.

.... and in the back of my head is what color am I painting the Knight (or two or four) I plan on them playing with later this year.

• 1 month later...

Put in a little work on the ETL Vow today.

Army Green spray paint went on a tad thicker than I like. My fault but workable. Put Dragon Red then Pure Red on all 10 Aggressors before giving it a break. I'll finish them up with Spiritstone Red next session. Decided to start playing around with how much Black (eventually drybrushed with Hardened Carapace) and started with this guy.

The gun is a honking huge amount of black. I'll use Brass on the bolt ammo but pretty set on keeping all Warhawk field weapons matt black. the Aquila will get a gold similar to the Hellblasters and Intercessors. My one concession to the pseudo-camo theme. The pauldrons will be black also. I think with the hip plates and joint caps on the legs that should be enough.

ANY ideas are welcome however. Thanks guys

sml_gallery_7985_14167_61127.jpg

sml_gallery_7985_14167_29195.jpg

sml_gallery_7985_14167_72771.jpg

• 1 month later...

Almost done with my Aggressors and just purchased these for my Intercessors Sgts.

710x528_28280071_15252012_1563391259.jpg

I purchased 10 I might grab another 5 if they ever do a sword and board option for Intercessors or Veteran Intercessors. I love the idea of running 10 of these guys up in hopefully the affordable looking transport that we were given a peek at and grabbing an objective or two. I’m picturing two transports each with 5 Intercessors and 5 Hellblasters grabbing midfield objectives with Aggressors Striking from the Shadows as a counterstrike. :)

I think it looks sleeker than traditional chainswords which makes it fit my vision of Primaris. Not just bigger stronger but faster more agile ... a blend of power and finesse. At least that’s how I envision my Warhawks martial style of combat.

I already picture my sergeant using the open space to catch some Heretic Astartes blade and disarming him as he twist and spins slicing into a weak point in the waist of the Traitor Marines armor :)

Edited by Dracos

• 3 weeks later...

Almost done with the Aggressors. Should have pics by end of next week.

After that looks like I’ll be doing the 20 Intercessors . . .

. . . Now that GW finally is bringing out what I assume is going to be the closest my a Primaris are ever going to see to a Whispercutter :)

UTuhd8r_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

props to Brother Chaplain Kage on the colorization. :)

Edited by Dracos

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys this is finished to my table top level so I'm calling it done as my ETL project. Should have got more done but job hunting and the new house compounded by being the Prince of Procrastination means this was it. I am going back to my 20 Intercessors next I would like to have them done and starting the Reivers and Plama-ceptors by the time our Supplement is released.

I present the Warhawk's Shadow Council. Surviving members of the Alpha Legion ambush at Terra Secundus.

med_gallery_7985_14167_6772.jpg

med_gallery_7985_14167_46993.jpg

Group shot

med_gallery_7985_14167_50248.jpg

Now add a Primaris Chaplain with Catechism of Fire, SftS, and fire TWICE at the closest enemy unit with +1 to wound. Tactical Doctrine on turn 2 for -1 AP on all that shooting, and then Assault Doctrine and Litanies of Hatred on turn 3.

Am I right?

• 2 weeks later...

So ... ^this^ ... is my motivation for the painting event :smile.: I should have the Intercessors table ready in a week (ish). That will leave me with 3 vehicles (still 2 Impulsors to buy) and 3 characters to start playing for real. 

I don't think this is a super competitive list but it has alot of elements I like and will give me a starting point to see how far I want to push the envelope as far as a True Tournament style build. Likely I don't have the drive for that anymore but a trip to Adepticon might  be in the cards for next spring if money works out.

Edit: damn the 5 Reivers too ;)

Edited by Dracos

Likely I don't have the drive for that anymore but a trip to Adepticon might  be in the cards for next spring if money works out.

If you go let me know. I'm trying to see if I can make it work. I've got a buddy in MN who goes that I was planning on meeting up with as well.

Absolutely it would be great to meet you. I know there are a fair few of us in here that have talked about this before I think. I wanted to last year but couldn't let myself go without an army painted table top level at least lol.

I feel I need to develop a plan with the Phobos Librarian and Chaplain (because I feel there is a synergy to found there) but for now the two Captains can fit in the Impulsors and I own them so they’re first up. I just feel the list isn’t going to optimize with the new Raven Guard book without some changes.

Edited by Dracos

So .... I got some work done on the Intercessors today. If I can get the Aquilas done Sunday I hope to start on the arms/weapons and gear during the week. Should have pictures up by Sunday next week if I can keep making time. At least to table top standard for me. It'll give me time to put some detail on the Aggressors. I bought a bunch of Wraithlord bits I'm going to use as tabards. I just keep looking at them thinking the from needs some more black and I don't like the dangly pieces that come in the kits.

So since I made some headway and talking about buying stuff ....

I bought two of these off eBay because I don't think the Shrike-tember releases are offering this Lieutenant.

Lieutenants in Phobos Armor: Occulus Bolt Carbine and Bolt Pistol: Grav-chute, Master-crafted occulus bolt rifle

I bought two thinking about converting one into a Phobos Captain, because I'm not a fan of that particular model. This pretty much insures I need a box on Incursors at some point down the road. Though I'd rather come up with the ability for Veteran Reivers and just drop two of the Grav-chute Lieutenants in instead. Either way I like the model and one is definitely part of any army build I plan on. I could see Shrike dropping with a 10 man squad of Reivers and the Lt. dropping with the Plasma-ceptors and a screen of 5 Reivers somedays.

I'm bummed :) My Shadowspear Phobos LTs aren't arriving until mid October. No way I'll get one done during the painting event. so that leaves me choosing between a regular Primaris Captain (either with Power Fist or Stalker bolt rifle), Primaris Chaplain, or the Phobos Librarian. I think my "tournament" list is going to include the Chaplain and Librarian as midfield HQs, the Phobos grav-chute LT deep striking and an as yet undetermined Captain/Chapter Master (<Shrike>?).

I know we have tor roll for the Litanies, but I don't mind if the odds are tweaked in my favor. I can live with 3+ for something to happen. it's 5+ that makes my bones go cold :). The most exciting part of the game is is rolling the dice that tells the story on the table top. Plus if I'm not mistaken he's a decent beatstick. He'll be running with one of the Impulsors which I have some trepidation about for some reason but I think they're the best delivery system for the squads Hellblasters or Intercessors i'd like to be able to punch forward without using stratagems. Need to save those for the Aggressors (and maybe a 4 man unit of Assault Centurions?). 

I have a 20% discount at my FLGS and an offer from Diceheadgames for the Knights/Armigers, Relic Contemptor, and a old school Dreadnought, so even with limited income with current job, it looks like I'm going to have resources to add a lot of Phobos units to my Warhawks. I still would like to start a Guard army someday but not until they truescale a new set of miniatures. I'd be fine if they started with the Harakoni of course :)

Pretty cool that your FLGS does 20% to compete with the online retailers. Both my LGS are deadbeats that have screwed up every preorder I have given them - at full price. I'm back to going the ebay route.

https://www.thewarstore.com/index.html

I use to buy from these guys quite a bit before moving to Indianapolis. I always found them to be an excellent online retailer for the hobby.