Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Oooooh yes, she looks ace!  Thats a lovely model there :biggrin.: Just have to hope she doesn't look to her right and singe her hair...

Thanks!

And yeah, she might have issues with her hair.... :lol:

In other news though, Boxing Day Bash 2018 model is done. Karanak from Wrath & Rapture.

2PBWxwA.jpg

nnxb1x5.jpg

IJWkOSL.jpg

kQEL2qV.jpg

Excellent work on Karanak. Your efforts surely please Khorne.

Thanks!

Nice job on Karanak, especially within the time constraints.

How is W&R in person, as good as it looks online?

Thank you. It wasn't too hard, most of the time spent was waiting on the washes to dry :lol:

And it's amazing. My only issue was my Infernal Enrapturess was a miscast. Two of the strings didn't connect in the molds. So I'm gonna call GW Customer support about it today in an hour or so.

Beginning of a new year, two new conversions to possibly paint sometime in the coming months.

Got an Ogryn Bodyguard for a more unusual Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, and a Death Cult Assassin.

wGPvKS3.jpg

LhzDxR9.jpg

yXEA91J.jpg

OS2FoVf.jpg

FXeBEip.jpg

JkwxxkB.jpg

lJ9HA1m.jpg

(frigging mold lines that you can't see until you take a picture....)

The Ogryn came about because I had an idea for an Inquisitor who used almost exclusively abhumans in his group, feeling that abhumans, though deviating from the Holy Human Form, are even MORE prone to fervent devotion to the Emperor than baseline humans (there's also the fact that in said Inquisitor's backstory, his life was saved by abhumans...).

The Assassin however? She came about because I had Pious Vorne's head left over from the conversion on the previous page, and had a need to use it :lol: So I got the Dark Eldar Kill Team Commanders set for the succubus, and will be giving the Commanders deck for it to the person who plays Dark Eldar at my FLGS.

Excellent work on the Bullgryn and the assassin. What kind of cape is the assassin wearing? Fur, feathers, or scales?

Thanks!

And I'm planning on going with fur. Unsure what colour, as the only colour I know 100% I'll be doing for the Assassin will be her skintone, which will be based on the Khelt Nar Daughters of Khaine tutorial GW put out:

Quick and dirty mock-up of roughly how I expect Rogziel to sit on his base, using a Custode jetbike, as they're roughly the same size as Corvex, as my Sammael on Corvex is at it's permanent home, the display cabinet of my FLGS, because I'm not using that metal brick in games :laugh.:

So, just imagine this is Sammael's bike instead of a Golden Boy.

ld9oqjP.jpg

nX0IU46.jpg

Thoughts?

Also of note: I'll be using the Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch's flames on the exhaust of Rogziel's jetbike, which will likely increase the length quite a bit.

Edited by Gederas

Well, I might as well continue. Maybe I'll get six posts in a row before I get any responses or feedback :lol:

So, I'm painting up a pair of Iron Warriors made from the Blackstone Fortress Chaos Marines for a friend:
IC6Z43k.jpg

I also tried my hand at converting Obsidius Mallex for my World Eaters. HOOOOOLY CRAP was that difficult.

TzgWHas.jpg

kyDsPuP.jpg

MedXu5i.jpg

Worth it though.

Additionally, I'm stuck on the head choice. I've narrowed it down between Haarken Worldclaimer's head, or one of the left over Blackstone Fortress marine heads.

WV9QABM.jpg

I'm leaning towards Haarken's, as the idea is that this Lord is the Shipmaster for one of the vessels of my World Eaters' fleet, and is a void warfare expert. So while he's fine with going without a helmet, the lenses keep his eyes from exploding from his head when in no atmosphere.

Thoughts?

So it turns out I'd started reading this plog at some point then got sidetracked and never came back to it. Love Rogziels helm, that Mallex conversion is cracking and I may well steal the Vorne headswap.

Question though, why not use a Custode bike for Rogziel?

I'm gonna vote for Haarkens helm. No specific reason, just prefer it.

Dragonlover

While i respect that you want to protect his eyes, I'd go without the helmet, more character that way. Great work on that guy btw, I never liked the tubes on the chest so nice to see that you've solved that:)

They are both bare heads though. One just has eye lenses :lol:

Thanks, but the tubes were a complete accident. I had originally intended using one of the Skullcrusher torso front, but realized after I removed all of the tubes that the torso was too small. So I used a Blood Warrior's torso front instead, which meant I needed to completely rebuild the abdominal area on him :facepalm:

So it turns out I'd started reading this plog at some point then got sidetracked and never came back to it. Love Rogziels helm, that Mallex conversion is cracking and I may well steal the Vorne headswap.

Question though, why not use a Custode bike for Rogziel?

I'm gonna vote for Haarkens helm. No specific reason, just prefer it.

Dragonlover

Forum ADD maybe?  :lol:

And thanks! Steal away with the Vorne headswap. Just be aware: It's better to do the chopping on Vorne's neck and the Sister of Silence head BEFORE gluing everything :lol:

As to why I'm not using a Custode jetbike... Well, it'd require me buying another box of Vertus Praetors, and it's a lot more effort making it so that a Space Marine can sit in one, as the Custodes are much larger. More effort than it's worth, and I've already got Sammael ordered :lol:

Liking the conversion work you've done on Obsidius, the chest really works on him, also, to echo above, means that half the model isn't tubing at least :P Personally I'd vote for the non-eye covered head, but thats down to preference in that I kinda dislike the other one lol, but you have already got a good reason/fluff for the head, and that's the important thing! 

The couple of iron warriors looking slick so far, are you planning on trying your hand at some hazard stripes or weathering? Think a touch of rust/verdigris in areas could help them pop a bit :) 

Also really digging the jetbike base :wub: the way of doing ruined walls is getting stolen for sure haha. A suggestion though would be to have something breaking up the large flat section in the middle, even though it's under the jetbike seems a bit 'empty' for a broken ruin, what with the rest of the base getting a lot of attention. Something like a few bits of rubble, or if you were feeling adventurous a gored marine corpse maybe? I find you can usually make a 'buried' marine with a shoulder pad, front chest half and good bit of rock and rubble.

Great stuff mate, love the lord conversion! I feel your paing on that one man. ALL THOSE TUBES!!! So frustrating. I personally like the Not haarken head!

Thanks! Yeah, the tubes on Obsidius, just... WHY? Who thought that was a good idea where a good 70% of the visible model is "fleshy tube"? :laugh.:

Liking the conversion work you've done on Obsidius, the chest really works on him, also, to echo above, means that half the model isn't tubing at least :tongue.: Personally I'd vote for the non-eye covered head, but thats down to preference in that I kinda dislike the other one lol, but you have already got a good reason/fluff for the head, and that's the important thing! 

The couple of iron warriors looking slick so far, are you planning on trying your hand at some hazard stripes or weathering? Think a touch of rust/verdigris in areas could help them pop a bit :smile.:

Also really digging the jetbike base :wub: the way of doing ruined walls is getting stolen for sure haha. A suggestion though would be to have something breaking up the large flat section in the middle, even though it's under the jetbike seems a bit 'empty' for a broken ruin, what with the rest of the base getting a lot of attention. Something like a few bits of rubble, or if you were feeling adventurous a gored marine corpse maybe? I find you can usually make a 'buried' marine with a shoulder pad, front chest half and good bit of rock and rubble.

Yeah.... The sheer amount of tubing was honestly the first thing I knew that needed to go. Though the backpack might show up on a Possessed....

I also mostly finished the two Iron Warriors for my friend to finish:

foUrsGZ.jpg

So any weathering will be on him to decide.

And thanks! I found out how to do that for the walls/floor from

video. And I'm unsure of what you mean, the section below where the bike will be mounted? I'm planning on adding more rubble/debris in the ruin. Probably gonna have a pile of skulls in there, but that'll be added after everything is painted. :laugh.: Might also add some bullet holes on that area as well to give it some more detail/visual interest. Edited by Gederas

Excellent paint jobs on the Iron Warriors.

Thanks!

The colour-scheme is actually quite simple and easy outside of the Hazard Stripes. It's just Leadbelcher Spray (then a little cleanup), then Liberator Gold for the trim, Khorne Red for the eyes and an all-over wash of Nuln Oil.

I'll let everyone know how the models look when my buddy Joe finishes them. I'm excited to see how they'll look as well :lol:

Very nice conversion work all around, I really like the Ogryn and the Obsidius Mallex especailly.

Thanks, I'm surprised the Ogryn went as easily as it did. The Obsidius conversion... not so much :lol: I'm never converting that particular model again :lol:

Additionally, because I forgot to post this last night, I did a bit of trading with my buddy Joe. Along with the two Iron Warriors, I dropped off some Death Guard stuff for him to use with his Iron Warriors. 2 of the Plaguecasters, Bloat Drones and Plague Marine squads from Dark Imperium.

I got some new recruits to my Deathwatch in return:

9qnDoVN.jpg

It's the contents of Tooth & Claw.

Additionally, I got this from him as well, since he was originally going Word Bearers for his Chaos, then switched to Iron Warriors after painting this one. Quite helpful, because my Khorne Daemonkin could use some Sorcerers, so this Dark Apostle will be the start of a Word Bearers force to add to my Khorne Daemonkin.

lG0oNkV.jpg

kJFYFD0.jpg

jzBHLwU.jpg

Apologies for the shaky picture in the second one, I didn't notice it until I went to post it :facepalm:

However, I'll have to modify the model further after this.

I haven’t been on B&C enough lately at all, but I was very happy to see your thread at the top of the page, and equally happy to see your modelling ADHD hasn’t faded yet :D

As always, your kitbashes are very inspiring. I’ve missed a lot of time, and you’ve knocked out a loooooot of models in that time! The one that really stood out was your DW marine with the *ahem* generous amount of grenades. I got a really good chuckle with him!

If it’s not too late, I’m voting for the Haarken head, it has a lot of character

Missed some great updates in here. Everything’s looking great, I have a Brass Scorpion to build so have been keeping an eye on your progress over on Fb.

As for Obsidius Mallex I agree the conversion work needed to remove all those pipes is a lot more hassle than it ever should be. That’s why I swapped the torso and backpack etc.

I haven’t been on B&C enough lately at all, but I was very happy to see your thread at the top of the page, and equally happy to see your modelling ADHD hasn’t faded yet :biggrin.:

As always, your kitbashes are very inspiring. I’ve missed a lot of time, and you’ve knocked out a loooooot of models in that time! The one that really stood out was your DW marine with the *ahem* generous amount of grenades. I got a really good chuckle with him!

If it’s not too late, I’m voting for the Haarken head, it has a lot of character

Can't stop won't stop! :lol:

Ah yes, my friend Tyler's Mini-Me, aka the Ultramarine who has 32 visible explosives (yes, really) on his model. :lol: He said he wanted "all the grenades", so I did just that.

And you're not too late, but all you're doing is reinforcing the choice I decided on :lol:

Missed some great updates in here. Everything’s looking great, I have a Brass Scorpion to build so have been keeping an eye on your progress over on Fb.

As for Obsidius Mallex I agree the conversion work needed to remove all those pipes is a lot more hassle than it ever should be. That’s why I swapped the torso and backpack etc.

Wait, you've been stalking my progress on FB? I thought I'm the one who stalks you on Facebook :p :lol: But thanks in any case :lol:

And yeah. That model is TOO busy. I'm honestly just shocked that the model is so OTT whereas the other new Chaos Marine models they've come out with (the two marines and Haarken) aren't anywhere near as bad.