Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Welp. He didn't care for how I chose to do the bases, so I just went with the Blackstone Fortress style:

l8Ikzwm.jpg

Also, I never realized how TINY these things are....

fXlwhux.jpg

Additionally, Sammael came in, so I'm starting to work on Rogziel's bike.... But it's going to take a while because SO MUCH WARPING that wasn't obvious until after I started assembling the bike :facepalm:

Edited by Gederas

The Ur-Ghuls look good! Like you, I didn't realize they are so small; still very menacing.

Yeah. They're small compared to Marines, but compared to a human, I can understand why they're scary.

Do the Ur-Ghuls remind anyone else of the Isz, from The Maxx? Will you paint a Marine purple, and arm him with two yellow-painted chainfists?

Not familiar with that comic series, so no :lol:

Bit of a bigger update today, but in other news, the Obsidius conversion is now finished. A Possessed backpack was what was needed to add some more Khornate brutality. Just need to prime, paint then glue everything together:

RJOM39Q.jpg

Need to come up with a name for this guy, seeing as how he's kind of important to my Warband :lol:

And since the Sammael model I needed for Rogziel came in on Wednesday, I started working on it. Say what you want about Finecast, it makes conversions like this so much easier because it's so much softer than plastic :lol:

NfuYOso.jpg

6hC3aHR.jpg

LVBfV2F.jpg

RXIWwda.jpg

3bdpyMs.jpg

As you can see, quite a bit of Greenstuff work was needed to fill in the gap left by not using the eagle on the front. I'm letting it cure before I go back to working on it.

And because I got Sammael, I now have his entire torso assembly for when I decide to work on Sableclaw:

asGLLdV.jpg

Need to do some filling around the waist on him :lol:

Those Ur-Ghuls are great, how did you paint the hands? Nice transition to the lighter arms.

I am liking Mallex, I really like the use of the Worldclaimer head! When you paint it, I would be tempted to cover it in scars, really get people thinking as to what he looks like under the mask :tu:

Obsidius looks like someone who really loves his work. I mean, I can imagine the guy being like this inside the armor:

aRONib2.jpg?1

"So many skulls to crush, so few hours in a day."

:laugh.::laugh.::laugh.::laugh.::laugh.:

Those Ur-Ghuls are great, how did you paint the hands? Nice transition to the lighter arms.

I am liking Mallex, I really like the use of the Worldclaimer head! When you paint it, I would be tempted to cover it in scars, really get people thinking as to what he looks like under the mask :thumbsup:

The four Ur-Ghuls were painted exactly as the WarhammerTV video on them. So that's Druichii Violet over the hands, then I used a drybrush to blend the wash up the arms. After that I just highlighted them with Ulthuan Grey.

And Haarken's head actually has three very visible scars. So that's a good idea.

Oh, I haven’t seen that vid - it’s a very good effect however, looks great!

Haarken’s head gets a lot of bad press, but I actually think it’s pretty cool :thumbsup:

Yeah! Plus, it's a very quick paint job. I literally finished them within an hour of priming them, and that was mostly because I had to wait for the washes to dry :laugh.:

Chucking in a name suggestion: Koroth Azghul.

Dragonlover

Hmm.... I think that might work. It does give me ideas.

Those Ur-ghul eye sockets are really creepy and I like the purple transition on the extremities.

It's even creepier when you realize, those aren't eye sockets. Those are nostrils. Ur-Ghuls don't even have eyes visible. Super creepy.

In other news: My Godsworn Warband came in today. My Chaos just got a very nice bits load.....

Edited by Gederas

Did some work on Rogziel, mostly seeing how everything will look when put together.

kaX1seh.jpg

XjRm5w4.jpg

7zGlDZ2.jpg

The poster tac was not holding him together well at all :laugh.:

I do like how his bike being tilted downwards on the wall though. Gives the whole model a very aggressive posture.

Edited by Gederas

Aye, that's a good angle on him, he looks to be swooping down onto his prey, ready to smash heads with the pick.

The base itself is looking great, I like the attention to detail with the struts of reinforcement sticking out the broken edges of wall. Well done on smoothing off the giant eagle too.

Aye, that's a good angle on him, he looks to be swooping down onto his prey, ready to smash heads with the pick.

The base itself is looking great, I like the attention to detail with the struts of reinforcement sticking out the broken edges of wall. Well done on smoothing off the giant eagle too.

Right? It looks perfect for a huntsman like him.

And yeah, I learned from watching videos, and reading tutorials, that adding details like that is what makes urban rubble look like, well.... Urban rubble :lol: Without it, the base would just look a bit flat and unrealistic. The other good thing about the rebar is that it adds some extra stability for him. He's actually just sitting on top of the wall in those pictures, no poster tac at all :lol:

Now I need to continue making his bike more Chaotic, specifically Khornate. Hopefully the parts from the Godsworn Warband will help, especially the ones from the Chaos Chariot.

The standard bearer's standard should bear bloodstains, to show he used it as an improvised weapon. Maybe you can drill a hole into a supine model- loyalist Marine, Emperor's Children member, Aeldari/Drukhari, or other worthy sacrifice to Khorne- and impale the standard into that model, so it may decorate the standard bearer's base?

The standard bearer's standard should bear bloodstains, to show he used it as an improvised weapon. Maybe you can drill a hole into a supine model- loyalist Marine, Emperor's Children member, Aeldari/Drukhari, or other worthy sacrifice to Khorne- and impale the standard into that model, so it may decorate the standard bearer's base?

While I'll definitely put blood splatter on the spikes at the top of the standard, putting anything human-sized or bigger on it is a no-go. That standard is already huge enough as-is :lol: Like, I had to cut the chain on the right of the standard because interfered with the model.

You don't have to put a whole body on the standard bearer's base.

World Eaters Ancient (swinging his chainaxe): "Skulls for the Skull Throne!"

Severed head of a Daemon of Slaanesh: "Again? Can you not think of a new war cry, like 'Buttocks for the Buttocks G-'"

World Eaters Ancient (impaling the severed head upon his banner pole, pinning the Daemon's jaws shut): "Be silent!"

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

You don't have to put a whole body on the standard bearer's base.

World Eaters Ancient (swinging his chainaxe): "Skulls for the Skull Throne!"

Severed head of a Daemon of Slaanesh: "Again? Can you not think of a new war cry, like 'Buttocks for the Buttocks G-'"

World Eaters Ancient (impaling the severed head upon his banner pole, pinning the Daemon's jaws shut): "Be silent!"

Okay, that made me laugh.

I am planning on there being a few (read: several) helmets from Imperial Marines (likely Raven Guard and Imperial Fists) on his base though.

Those berzerkers are really not helping my resolve to wait until we get a new kit to redo mine! I think my favourite is the guy with both arms out to the side.

Dragonlover

I'm not waiting until the end of this year/next year for an updated Berzerker kit when I have 28 Blood Warriors handy. The hardest part is getting all the Mark III legs :laugh.:

I do agree though, he's probably got one of the best poses, along with the one running forward with the chainsword in front of his body.

Also scalewise, they're pretty good compared to the new Chaos Marine kits. The Champion (black) is roughly the height of my Obsidius Mallex kitbash.

... I also think I need to throw the Champ in a Green Mean bath and then re-prime him because the humidity when I primed him (June) ruined the finish on his primer >.>

Edited by Gederas

Mini-update (no pictures sadly). I just did a count of all the Mark III legs I have left-over either on sprue or assembled on marines.

I have 35 legs, and 23 Blood Warrior bodies. I just put in an order for the Goreblade Warband Starter Collection with my FLGS to get the last 4 Blood Warriors I need to round out to 4 squads of 8, with one left-over to make a custom objective marker-thing. Now the hard part will be getting a bunch of chainswords and chainaxes :lol:

Great job on those World Eaters! Massive, spiky, menacing -- what's not to love? :wink:

The hand pain from having to saw through all the shins of the Blood Warriors? :laugh.:

I mean, at least I have a proper saw and I'm not having to try using clippers and a knife, but still :lol:

Edited by Gederas