Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

I've been looking at the Shadespire guys as basis for Berzerkers and the conversions you've done are very encouraging - keep up the good work!

Thanks!

And yeah, the mono-pose Shadespire/AoS starter Set 1 Blood Warriors are actually much easier to convert than you'd expect. I'd honestly say they're easier than the multipart ones, mostly due to the legs being already attached to the body. Which you would think would make it harder :lol:

Is that small mold line on his bionic eye, i see?

Looking great though backpack could propably use some highlights. Don´t worry though, i am lazy painter and don´t always do everything either~~

Well done.

Thanks!

Nice work, especially liking the stubble on his head :thumbsup:

Thank you. GW's tutorial for making stubble was very, very helpful for this guy :lol:

Is that small mold line on his bionic eye, i see?

Looking great though backpack could propably use some highlights. Don´t worry though, i am lazy painter and don´t always do everything either~~

I just checked with a magnifying lens, no. It's just the picture looking like it is :lol:

And the backpack does have highlights. I just didn't do any of the super high (Fenrisian Grey) highlights on the backpack, just the standard Dark Reaper highlights. Mainly because the backpack doesn't have any super sharp details outside of the bottom vents :lol:

46RKNnL.jpg

DFRlOfv.jpg

Unfortunately, my plan for making a Slaanesh-themed Renegade Knight has been canned (for now) until I have the sculpting skills to truly do what my vision for it justice.

However, I had already Leadbelcher-sprayed the skeleton for the Knight. So, I shall instead begin work on House Zerstörer, as my Khornate army needs some.... larger firepower.

joqRc5t.jpg

I need to come up with a name for the pilot and the Knight.

Edited by Gederas

Fafnir Nibelung for the Knight scion, Siegundrache (Victory and Revenge) for the Knight suit?

That Scion name is way too ridiculous, even by my standards :lol: The name for the Knight sounds good, but I get the feeling any of our German members will point out it's probably a wrong translation or something :lol:

Fafnir Nibelung for the Knight scion, Siegundrache (Victory and Revenge) for the Knight suit?

That Scion name is way too ridiculous, even by my standards :laugh.: The name for the Knight sounds good, but I get the feeling any of our German members will point out it's probably a wrong translation or something :laugh.:

Says the guy who came up with "House Zerstörer", which is, um, not exactly subtle :wink:

I don't know, I kinda like "Siegundrache", mostly because it can be read as "Sieg und Rache" (which translates to Victory and Revenge, as Bjorn Firewalker pointed out), but also as "Siegun Drache" (which would be "Dragon of Siegun", whoever Siegun is :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist

That Scion name is way too ridiculous, even by my standards :laugh.: The name for the Knight sounds good, but I get the feeling any of our German members will point out it's probably a wrong translation or something :laugh.:

Says the guy who came up with "House Zerstörer", which is, um, not exactly subtle :wink:

I don't know, I kinda like "Siegundrache", mostly because it can be read as "Sieg und Rache" (which translates to Victory and Revenge, as Bjorn Firewalker pointed out), but also as "Siegun Drache" (which would be "Dragon of Siegun", whoever Siegun is :wink:

Is anything Khornate subtle? :laugh.: Trust me, House Zerstörer was the least on-the-nose choice I came up with :laugh.:. And I mean, a Khornate house literally named "Destroyer" in German is no less on-the-nose than Houses Morbidia, Atrax or Slughorn. Also, I said nothing about the name being on-the-nose, but the name Bjorn came up with for the Scion is, frankly, ridiculous :laugh.:. I can deal with a person being named Fafnir, but Nibelung as a surname is too much for me :lol:

That is a good point however. And I suppose the double-meaning works for the model using dual Thermal Cannons (either that, or an eventual Knight Valiant). And who is Siegun hmm?

Kraut, I think you just gave me the name of the High King of my Household. Or at least the High King's family line's name. So... Congrats?

Edited by Gederas

Well. Thanks to a trade with a friend, looks like my Chaos Knight household just got a few more:
3aWV90F.jpg

The contents of Imperial Knights: Renegade and an unprimed Heldrake. All I need to do is get him a Baneblade. Good trade imo :laugh.:

Additionally, I just ordered a Knight Valiant with my FLGS.

Edited by Gederas

No images (sadly), but I've decided on a name for the Thermal Knight:

Brandherz, or Cor ignis (in High Gothic if you prefer). The Fireheart.

I'm also going to be involved in a 1750 point tourney in March, and I'll be bringing my World Eaters. So this place will see MUCH more activity with those lads.

I'm also going to be bringing Brandherz and two Armigers (Helverin loadouts). Sadly, Siegundrache won't be able to fit into the list.

Current plan is this:

World Eaters Battalion:

HQs

• Khârn the Betrayer - 120
  • Dark Apostle (Plasma Pistol) - 77
  • Exalted Champion - 70+??? (unsure of loadout)

Troops

• 8 Berzerkers (Chainsword+Chainaxe x7, Chainaxe+Power Fist on Champ, Icon of Wrath) - 155
  • 8 Berzerkers (Chainsword+Chainaxe x7, Chainaxe+Power Fist on Champ, Icon of Wrath) - 155

Total: 732+??

Super Heavy Detachment - Renegade Knights

• Renegade Knight Brandherz (Thermal Cannon x2, Meltagun, Possible Stormspear rocket Pod) - 496 (if with Stormspear Rocket Pod) / 451 (without Rocket Pod)
  • Renegade Armiger (Helverin, Heavy stubber) - 172
  • Renegade Armiger (Helverin, Heavy stubber) - 172

Total: 795 (without Rocket Pod) / 840 (with Rocket Pod)

This core of the list leaves me 293 or 248 points left over, which might end up going to three Rhinos with Combi-Bolters and Havoc Launchers (78 each, for a total of 234). Unfortunately, the Exalted Champion is the issue, being at the minimum 70 points. So I might have to fiddle with the load-out for the Rhinos.

Started work on a kitbash I've wanted to do since I saw a certain someone's "Helrazor": A Heldrake that looks more like a mutated fighter jet.
MmVx9RX.jpg

And a better view of the head, showing the conversion-work that went into it:
3Upya7x.jpg

Had to use a Helbrute flamer to show the Baleflamer, as I didn't like the hole that's in the Forgefiend plasma head.

The hard part will be figuring out the neck for this thing because I don't have any spare Lasher tendrils. Hmm....

Okay son, you can drive the Hellrazor around for a bit, but make sure it's back in the garage before the next Black Crusade rolls around, eh? And not a scratch, y' hear? ;)

"Mord und Rache/ Mordundrache" (murder and revenge) might even work better, I think... Ah, ok you found something already

You know, "Mordundrache" could even be the companion Knight to Siegundrache -- just sayin'...

"Mord und Rache/ Mordundrache" (murder and revenge) might even work better, I think... Ah, ok you found something already

Hmm.....

Okay son, you can drive the Hellrazor around for a bit, but make sure it's back in the garage before the next Black Crusade rolls around, eh? And not a scratch, y' hear? :wink:

You know, "Mordundrache" could even be the companion Knight to Siegundrache -- just sayin'...

Thanks! :lol: And your Hellrazor wasn't the only inspiration. But it was a source of major inspiration for this.

And maybe I'll get another Knight Dominus (the shooty one) and make that one Mordunrache. Or that'll be the High King's ride. I'll figure it out :lol:

Started some work on the pilot of Siegundrache:
M26osjX.jpg

Additionally, my friend started building the head of one of his Renegade Knights before giving me both of them. I'm thinking of putting this face-plate on it, thoughts?
wnjiS3o.jpg

J4jHpZy.jpg

And finally, I've done more work on the three squads of Blood Warrior & Mark III Berzerkers:
HYWgLMi.jpg

2buVS7z.jpg

TIWotKF.jpg

RSOpVHw.jpg

The Champion of Squad 2, the last 4 members of Squad 1, Champ of Squad 3 and Icon Bearer of Squad 2 done. I've got another box of Chaos Marines coming in this week so that I can finish squad 3's champion (need that power fist :lol:)

Which means, SQUAD 1 PIC!
DlP6LlN.jpg
I just need to fill in some gaps on the final two members
, but after that, the last four are ready for priming.

I'm thinking of putting this face-plate on it, thoughts?

wnjiS3o.jpg

J4jHpZy.jpg

This looks like the helm of the Uruk-hai berserker in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. You may want to kitbash or green stuff teeth in the "mouth" area, to maximize the mask's intimidating effects.

I'm thinking of putting this face-plate on it, thoughts?

This looks like the helm of the Uruk-hai berserker in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. You may want to kitbash or green stuff teeth in the "mouth" area, to maximize the mask's intimidating effects.

Hmm.... It is going on my traitor Knight Gallant, so that could be a good idea.

Additionally, Brandherz has begun getting paint.

wrL9vJn.jpg

And of course I run out of Chaos black while priming some of the armour plates :facepalm:

In any case, I'm gonna go with the colour-scheme of the Wrath Khorne Daemonkin warband as the basis for my Renegade House, as it has all the necessary colours for a Khornate household, and isn't solidly red, so it'll stand out from the World Eaters and Word Bearers.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/6/67/Wrath_Terminator.jpg

Great model work on your traitor Knight..... really looking forward to the finished product. I also like the color scheme you've chosen for your warband. Aces all around:thumbsup:

Thanks! I decided that less is more with this one. And you mean the Knights right? ;) My warband is the standard World Eaters colours :lol:

Cranking up the heat.....

P84FTsq.jpg

Face: Totally done

Back Carapace: Done barring the highlights on the black (yuck).

Need to do more work on the red areas. I'm planning these to be OBNOXIOUS red. As in, that Mephiston Red is getting covered by Evil Sunz Scarlet and then I'll do a recess shade of Carrobug Crimson, with highlights of Wild Rider red.

Edited by Gederas