Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

You're making good progress on the Knight. I hope to see the completed model soon.

You won't have to wait too long. Probably within the week if I get more time to paint after work today and on my day off tomorrow.

Nearly finished on Brandherz:
69yPIG5.jpg

Just have to finish the red areas, do the highlights on the black, a wash of Nuln to darken the skeleton down a bit more and then finish the bone areas on the weapons. So likely this model will be finished by Sunday. The model, not the base :lol:

Also, because Sagentus asked, I made a quick tutorial on how I do my Blood Warriors-based Berzerkers:

Those are glorious. If new Berzerker models come out and they're only half as good as the Blood Warriors kit, I'll still be happy.

Thanks! The champ on the far left and the Icon-bearer are a bit janky pose-wise, as they were done before I realized to leave the Blood Warriors' knees ON the legs when adding the Mark III legs to the mini, but they still look good.

Gederas ... they look great, any chance of a tutorial or a close up of the way you have got the mkIII legs to fit the AOS models as i am going to be attempting this soon :smile.:

Sagentus asked, so I suppose I'll answer.

I was inspired by several people, such as betrayer41 and Krautscientist's conversions. This is how I make Age of Sigmar Khorne Bloodbound/Blades of Khorne Blood Warriors into the swole Berzerkers I'm going to be running.

This is what you need to start with:

y0J8SiD.jpg

• A Blood Warrior's: Torso, hips & knees, arm for the chainaxe (left or right, it's up to you), and head
  • Chainsword (in this case, taken from the Chaos Marines kit)
  • Marine Backpack of some kind
  • Mark III legs

Start off by sawing the leather boots from the Blood Warrior's shins. The kneepads on the armour actually give a good guide for this:
wRluCZd.jpg

It should look like this when done:
EGQGi3T.jpg

Next, start cutting the Mark III leg. I usually start from the back, and go through the knee that way. Thankfully, Mark III legs also have a marker of WHERE the knee is on the back.

iaCODnw.jpg

Result should look like this:

GJIsooI.jpg

After that, clean up the remaining kneepad on the Mark III leg.

2omDSZ9.jpg

The good thing about a lot of the Mark III legs is there's already a hole for the pin, which is actually the same size as the paperclips I use so I don't need to drill the Mark III legs at all :laugh.:

Speaking of pins, drill into the Blood Warrior's legs and glue a pair of pins in, like so:

LzSLDLD.jpg

Also, I cannot stress this enough: WAIT UNTIL THE GLUE IS DRY BEFORE DRILLING THE KNEES OF THE BLOOD WARRIOR!

If using plastic glue, if you try to drill into the knee that has to be glued in, the drill will cause the knee to detach if the glue hasn't fully cured.

Next, grab the base:
dmGWkdc.jpg

Then, I apply plastic glue the Mark III legs where it attaches at the knee, and use Super Glue on the pin:
PLM6k3v.jpg

Then, while both glues are curing, I put plastic glue on the bottom of the Mark III's feet, which allows me to manipulate them to make a realistic pose:
KpsNS3F.jpg

After that, you glue on the Blood Warrior's torso (which I forgot to take a picture of). Now, let me also show the weapon conversion.

For the chainaxe, take one of the Blood Warrior's axe arms, cut the axehead off. Then find a chainaxe, I used a Berzerker axe for this one. Cut the haft of the axe off the chainaxe, leaving just the head.

vEMkPkG.jpg

Then I drill into the Chainaxe's head to make a hole for the haft. That's right, no pins required because the haft IS the pin.

7uE6WUW.jpg

The attach the arms:

XexFo4d.jpg

Remember to put the head on in a way that matches the pose.

ATYjkdr.jpg

And finally, slap that backpack on:
q5sUyS4.jpg

All that needs to be done is some greenstuff gap-filling, but I think most people here can figure out how to stick greenstuff into a gap and smooth it out :laugh.:

Hope the tutorial helps anyone else who wants to try this and wasn't sure how to do it.

As your Chaos Knight bears two thermal cannons, I think you should paint bloodstains on the hooks underneath the thermal cannon muzzles, and the spikes atop the left cannon, so it looks like the Knight is capable of defending itself in Close Combat.

Wouldn't really make sense for blood to be all the way up there. Most enemies with blood would only come up to the shins of a Knight :lol: I mean, I'm all for adding blood to my models, but that's an area where blood wouldn't make sense at all to be :lol:

And here's how the model looks after I stopped last night:

vqxJOr5.jpg

Sw4rI2L.jpg

cx8UaTy.jpg

Leaves just the bone-coloured areas on the weapons and highlights to the black armour panels left. Well, and the base. But that's gonna take a bit :lol:

As your Chaos Knight bears two thermal cannons, I think you should paint bloodstains on the hooks underneath the thermal cannon muzzles, and the spikes atop the left cannon, so it looks like the Knight is capable of defending itself in Close Combat.

Wouldn't really make sense for blood to be all the way up there. Most enemies with blood would only come up to the shins of a Knight
Picture a Chaos Knight that's mutating into a fleshmetal being, due to the influence of the Daemon possessing it. Imagine this Daemon engine's voice screaming for blood and souls to nourish it. Now picture the Mark of Not Khorne! on this Chaos Knight's armor. Will your Knight- whose colors suggest he follows the Blood God- suffer the demands of this servant of a lesser Chaos God, for blood and souls that rightfully belong to Khorne?

Wouldn't really make sense for blood to be all the way up there. Most enemies with blood would only come up to the shins of a Knight
Picture a Chaos Knight that's mutating into a fleshmetal being, due to the influence of the Daemon possessing it. Imagine this Daemon engine's voice screaming for blood and souls to nourish it. Now picture the Mark of Not Khorne! on this Chaos Knight's armor. Will your Knight- whose colors suggest he follows the Blood God- suffer the demands of this servant of a lesser Chaos God, for blood and souls that rightfully belong to Khorne?

But that would require this Knight to be mutating. There's no Daemon Knights in my House (yet).

Taking a break on Brandherz, I started on a certain Dark Apostle for my World Renders:

uaK8SIB.jpg

He's a biggun.

xL7t6l7.jpg

VERY big

rYurQAQ.jpg

But that would require this Knight to be mutating. There's no Daemon Knights in my House (yet).
You misunderstand: I did NOT suggest YOUR Knight of Khorne is possessed and mutating, I suggested he fought a battle against a Knight of Slaanesh/Nurgle/Tzeentch/Malice who is possessed and mutating.

Anyways, your choice of new models demonstrate good taste. I hope to see them assembled and painted soon.

You misunderstand: I did NOT suggest YOUR Knight of Khorne is possessed and mutating, I suggested he fought a battle against a Knight of Slaanesh/Nurgle/Tzeentch/Malice who is possessed and mutating.

Anyways, your choice of new models demonstrate good taste. I hope to see them assembled and painted soon.

Oooooh. I shouldn't try to read and comprehend posts at 1AM :lol:

Thanks. Though, his painting might have to wait until my Forge World order comes in.

The Apostle's off to a good start, very imposing.

Thanks! Hard part right now is deciding on helmeted or bare head for him. Of my 7 World Eaters HQs, 4 have helmets, 3 are bare-headed (or have masks). I do know that if I go with a bare head, I need to find one that "fits" his character. If I go with a helmet, I'm actually thinking using 30k Khârn's helmet.

Thanks! Hard part right now is deciding on helmeted or bare head for him. Of my 7 World Eaters HQs, 4 have helmets, 3 are bare-headed (or have masks). I do know that if I go with a bare head, I need to find one that "fits" his character. If I go with a helmet, I'm actually thinking using 30k Khârn's helmet.

Hmm, initially I thought that a helmet would work well; he'd be a huge, blood covered, faceless giant, embodying the death and fear that he metes out. Having said that, a bare head does seem to fit the role of a Dark Apostle more, being instantly recognisable on the field of battle and better able to exhort his fellow warriors, I can't imagine a berserker Apostle having any fear of stray projectiles striking his unprotected head either.

Hmm, initially I thought that a helmet would work well; he'd be a huge, blood covered, faceless giant, embodying the death and fear that he metes out. Having said that, a bare head does seem to fit the role of a Dark Apostle more, being instantly recognisable on the field of battle and better able to exhort his fellow warriors, I can't imagine a berserker Apostle having any fear of stray projectiles striking his unprotected head either.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The issue is, I'm stuck choosing between 30k Khârn's bare head, or the shouty head from the FW World Eaters terminators upgrade kit. But I can't use the latter one until I actually order the kit next week :lol:

I've 99% finished Brandherz. Just need to do only a few things, specifically finish weathering the Marine trophy and the T'au trophy, and paint the house icon.

oLJVOZN.jpg

Need to work on my free-handing, because the House symbol is going to require free-handing. Oh boy. :lol:

+++Inquisitor Andred log spool 9145.30+++

+++Accessing data tether+++

++_CLEARANCE REQUIRED: LEVEL ALPHA_++

+++Granted+++

+++Entry Title: BATTLE OF HIVE-WORLD ALPHIAN; HIVE PRIMUS+++

+++SPOOL SEARCH: VERNICH+++

+

++

+++

+--Search Results Display--+

"... on the 48th day, the bombardments of the shields of Hive Primus' outer walls stopped. The World Eaters inside the lower levels of the Hive appeared to have destroyed the shield generators. The walls were breached by several Knights of the traitor house Vernich."

"... observations have revealed that most of the Traitor Knights stalking the corridors of Hive Primus still carry their Imperial signifiers. Records show that no less than fifteen verifiable Questoris and Dominus were shown to be Vernich assets."

"...of the Knights that pierced the walls, the leading Knight appeared to be Vernich Questor Designate - Cor Ignis. Noted unusual weapons loadout for Questor."

+++Incoming pict load+++

Ok5dxpQ.jpg

FZItcWW.jpg

syMh7dc.jpg

O2Qu286.jpg

SVNNBqr.jpg

uMMFqFT.jpg

Allegiance: House Vernich / HellForge Zechenhorst (formerly Forge World Xelmeron) / World Eaters

Designation: Cor Ignis/Brandherz (house designate), Fireheart (Low Gothic trans.)

Pilot: Xander Vernich

Origin: Forge World Xelmeron, Zaphadak Pattern (Pre-Heresy Era)

NotesDaemonic taint minimal (potentially non-existent?). Like all Knights of Traitor House Vernich, chassis bears examples of Khornate ornamentation. Knight is a complete Zaphadak Pattern Knight Chassis, the STC of which is native to former Forge World M'Pandex and extremely rare in Imperial Knight House ranks. Chassis example of Traitor Mechanicum's penchant for overloading Knight chassis with redundant weaponry. See: dual Thermal Cannons and Meltagun. Extremely dangerous in close range, notably when accompanied by Questor Designate Butcher Hunter. Bears trophies on chassis taken from Salamanders chapter, Necron (unknown dynasty) and T'au Farsight Enclaves.

Threat Level: Alpha

And that's Brandherz done. Thank you DuskRaider for coming up with a name for this Knight's classification :wink:

And a teaser for what's on my plate for the rest of the month until March 2nd:
clMDCcv.jpg

Edited by Gederas

24 Berzerkers completed and ready for priming, along with the Exalted Champion:

lC7v1yn.jpg

u92yCjl.jpg

et6PLvO.jpg

oBmxlpZ.jpg

VmZxXd0.jpg

SGWzj5M.jpg

M1IWhrS.jpg

Now, if only it could stop snowing so I can prime them :lol:

Also, ignore the odd-looking pose on Berzerkers 5 and 7 in group 2, they'll be modeled as if he's jumping over something.

I'm thinking of putting this face-plate on it, thoughts?

This looks like the helm of the Uruk-hai berserker in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. You may want to kitbash or green stuff teeth in the "mouth" area, to maximize the mask's intimidating effects.
Hmm.... It is going on my traitor Knight Gallant, so that could be a good idea.

Additionally, Brandherz has begun getting paint.

wrL9vJn.jpg

And of course I run out of Chaos black while priming some of the armour plates :facepalm:

In any case, I'm gonna go with the colour-scheme of the Wrath Khorne Daemonkin warband as the basis for my Renegade House, as it has all the necessary colours for a Khornate household, and isn't solidly red, so it'll stand out from the World Eaters and Word Bearers.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/6/67/Wrath_Terminator.jpg

Great colour scheme.

Great colour scheme.

Thanks! I'm really happy how it came out.

Speaking of Xander Vernich and his mount, I finished up House Vernich's heraldry on Brandherz' tilting plate:

BpQsfAT.jpg

... God, the paint looks like :cuss there, but you can't see it from normal distance :lol:

I might add some white inside the lightning bolt, but yeah. It was fun making that house symbol, because there's actually a Dark Angels tactical icon transfer underneath the paint there (yes, really)

A lightning-struck tower... A good choice, but is it meant to mock Rogal Dorn and other loyalists for destroying the very thing they're fighting to save? Or is it a reference to the tarot card (which, appropriately, includes "destruction" as one of the fortunes it symbolizes)?

A lightning-struck tower... A good choice, but is it meant to mock Rogal Dorn and other loyalists for destroying the very thing they're fighting to save? Or is it a reference to the tarot card (which, appropriately, includes "destruction" as one of the fortunes it symbolizes)?

Ir's a reference to the tarot card, as the house's name is Vernich, which, if Google Translate is to be believed, is another translation of "Destroy".

I'm already planning on seeing if I can make custom transfers, because I realize my free-handing isn't the best. And I already found the PERFECT image to use:

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/icons/essence/craft_essence_005.jpg?fbclid=IwAR30kMogzcLfcd5JPAFkxzYt2G3mUB4MoMwxKgUTqRo-Rk4pqyzLtBRLEVM

Nice work on the Knight, looks like a boss!

I am liking the Berzerker conversions, some good posing there mate. Glad that you have got rid of the legs/boots a lot of people don’t - it makes such a difference :thumbsup:

Thanks! It also features my 'new and improved' red recipe for my World Eaters, just with Carrobug Crimson instead of Agrax Earthshade :lol:

And yeah, removing the boots makes a difference to make the Blood Warriors look like 40k Berzerkers, but god is it tedious :lol:

In regards to the 'zerkers, I just now realized I forgot to glue on grenades before priming them. Whoops. Ah well, it doesn't really matter because those aren't necessary for WYSIWYG because you can never not have grenades on Berzerkers :lol:

Great colour scheme.

Maybe I was too deadpan - I'm assuming you've noted my avatar?

Those colours look great on marine-scale minis too (IMHO). If you're really keen you could see some on my WIP log (it wont take you long as I have 5 completed minis for my warband so far...).

That said, the skull colour mask does look great on your war-engine - are you planning to expand that part of your force?

Great colour scheme.

Maybe I was too deadpan - I'm assuming you've noted my avatar?

Those colours look great on marine-scale minis too (IMHO). If you're really keen you could see some on my WIP log (it wont take you long as I have 5 completed minis for my warband so far...).

That said, the skull colour mask does look great on your war-engine - are you planning to expand that part of your force?

I did notice your avatar, yes :wink:

And do you mean the Knights? If so, yes. House Vernich has Brandherz ready. I also have two more Questoris Class and a Knight Valiant (the flamer+harpoon big Knight) waiting to be built. I'm planning on getting the Forge World Chaos Knight kit in order to make Butcher Hunter a bit more obviously warped than the others. I'm also thinking of making, just for giggles, a Chaos version of Canis Rex for my Household.

Edited by Gederas

So, I'm starting a "small" project for a friend. He's starting Crimson Fists, and is planning to do majority Primaris. But, he wants to use Pedro Kantor.

On Saturday was my local Warhammer store's anniversary. So I ordered two of this guy:

StoreAnniversaryPrimarisCapt-1stJul-Cont

and one of this guy:

99800101063_PedroKantorNEW01.jpg

And I'll be totally ripping off the work of this guy:

Spent this evening working on Primaris Pedro Kantor:

gallery_5348_15124_27339.jpg

gallery_5348_15124_23255.jpg

gallery_5348_15124_34348.jpg

gallery_5348_15124_11886.jpg

gallery_5348_15124_48436.jpg

But.... Pedro isn't going to be alone. Having discussed it with him, I'm making a Primaris'd retinue for Pedro. It will be:

- Chapter Champion

- Techmarine

- 2 Honour Guard

- 5 Company Veterans (4 Storm Shields, 2 Combi-Plasma, 2 Combi-Grav, Combi-Flamer & Power Fist on Veteran Sergeant)

- Chapter Ancient

- Maybe some Servitors

And they'll have a Land Raider Crusader to ride around in.

Edited by Gederas

Bit of a late-night update, but after bringing a box of Chaos Bikers for a friend as a trade for some Ebay World Eaters bikers he got (still need 3 more Bikers for the other 3 he has :laugh.:), he let me have at his Exalted Sorcerers kit since he was gifted three Exalted Sorcerers that were already built, primed and one was partially painted, literally a DAY after he bought his box.

The first member of my Word Bearers has taken shape:
4EfuSvc.jpg

kE3z9NA.jpg

xcQZqoP.jpg

A Sorcerer with the Mark of Tzeentch, if that wasn't obvious with his gear. Now I need to find a decent backpack, not one from the Exalted Sorcerers kit though. Though, I might still swap his head for something less overly Tzeentchian.

The idea with the Word Bearers is that they were a sect that fought alongside the World Eaters in several engagements during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy, including the Shadow Crusade. The leader of this group is not yet currently solidified in my thoughts, but I'm already getting some ideas with this Sorcerer. These Word Bearers are masters of Daemonology, which helps my World Eaters, specifically Khrogar and Alaz'batyr, as they're both workers of the forges that keeps my World Eaters' war engines running.

Edited by Gederas