Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

I feel like you'd need to replace the blade as well, it's too obviously Tizcan.

Like this?

52nCPTA.jpg

1dvdTwf.jpg

And I'm stuck choosing between these two backpacks.

Option A

eOfQ4zm.jpg

8KbIu1e.jpg

Option B

T3l4Gq1.jpg

qrV0SKF.jpg

And since the post was at the bottom of the page, here's the relevant fluff for this lad again:

The idea with the Word Bearers is that they were a sect that fought alongside the World Eaters in several engagements during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy, including the Shadow Crusade. The leader of this group is not yet currently solidified in my thoughts, but I'm already getting some ideas with this Sorcerer. These Word Bearers are masters of Daemonology, which helps my World Eaters, specifically Khrogar and Alaz'batyr, as they're both workers of the forges that keeps my World Eaters' war engines running.

Primaris Pedro was just lovely. Such a clean conversion and the bits fit like a glove.
Really liking the pose on this sorcerer. I'd go with B if you don't have an Anvillus pattern pack with less horns, makes him look too busy otherwise.

Im with Markus_, the horns on the backpack clashes with the helmet. And the new sword seems a bit big, great work otherwise!

Edit: just saw your zerker from last page, sweet! I've never seen the blood warrior shoulders combined with marine arms before, looks sweet! Combined with those legs, it retains much more of the classic marine aesthetic.

Edited by ElDuderino

Primaris Pedro was just lovely. Such a clean conversion and the bits fit like a glove.

Really liking the pose on this sorcerer. I'd go with B if you don't have an Anvillus pattern pack with less horns, makes him look too busy otherwise.

I can't take credit for THAT Primaris Pedro conversion, as that one's from Wraithwing :lol:. I am, however, using it as a reference for the one I'll be converting in the coming weeks.

And I only have Anvilus backpacks without any horns, as the only other horned one is going on this Chaos Lord:

RJOM39Q.jpg

Im with Markus_, the horns on the backpack clashes with the helmet. And the new sword seems a bit big, great work otherwise!

Edit: just saw your zerker from last page, sweet! I've never seen the blood warrior shoulders combined with marine arms before, looks sweet! Combined with those legs, it retains much more of the classic marine aesthetic.

Does it look big? It seems fine from most angles to me.

And I found one of the spare Anvilius backpacks. Okay, I get what you both mean. The backpack keeps the chaos aesthetic without giving him too much of a cluttered silhouette:

6Vp84wZ.jpg

fw0tyPN.jpg

rqvkS2c.jpg

kKiOwjh.jpg

The paint on the backpack will be stripped off when I strip a bunch of my Dark Angel models sometime next week.

The sorcerer is looking great Gederas, do you have plans for any green stuff flames in the open palm? For some reason flames and candles seem to scream Word Bearers to me :smile.:

Nemac

Thanks Nemac!

And I was actually thinking of making some flames in his hand, or possibly some kind of smokey effect to show he's casting/conjuring something

Well there I go skimming over a post without bothering to read... :rolleyes:

Sorcerer looks much better now.

I mean, with the amount of 'likes' my posts get and no responses, that seems to be what happens with most of my posts, so don't feel bad :laugh.:

And thanks!

Also, THIS, is the Pedro I'm converting for my friend:

M8LfcZ2.jpg

2cyVA76.jpg

wPx7T4r.jpg

A3QVT6o.jpg

Edit: somehow I linked the image of the back twice instead of the right-side view. Whoops :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Personally, I think when the Sorcerer was wielding the khopesh it looked better than the daemonsword, as I feel the daemonsword looks too large. I like the Kantor conversion, he looks right nasty.

Personally, I think when the Sorcerer was wielding the khopesh it looked better than the daemonsword, as I feel the daemonsword looks too large. I like the Kantor conversion, he looks right nasty.

Hmm.... I mean, the sword is so large because it's from a mounted unit (AoS Chaos Knights), but it's still decently-sized for a marine. I actually like it, because it feels like a sword you could see a Marine using due to the length of it. Really, the only issue I have with it, now that I look at it, is the hilt is a little short, as the blade's length makes it feel more like a broadsword or a hand-and-a-half sword, but it has a much shorter handle.

But, thanks! I'm quite happy with how the Pedro conversion went! The belt buckle was a MASSIVE pain in the hindquarters to do, but it adds so much flavour to the model. Same thing with the backpack, as while I would have used the actual one, sadly, there was a bubble RIGHT in the fist icon and it wasn't one I could fix with greenstuff. So I had to do some VERY funky surgery on a Primaris Marine's backpack and a (I think) Ravenwing Assault Cannon ammo pack to replicate Pedro's backpack on a Primaris-scale.

The Kantor bits scale a lot better than I thought they would, considering the model is a. resin, and b. old.

Just goes to show you how HILARIOUSLY oversized Marine arms/hands and heads were/are. Also, you'll probably find this amusing: Pedro's power fist arm is only SLIGHTLY shorter in length (not counting fingers) than the power fist arm that came with that Captain.

Like, seriously.

Edited by Gederas

That chaos sorcerer is sexy! 

Thanks!

Haven’t checked in here for a while but those Berserkers look great. I agree that adding the power armour legs makes such a difference to the Blood warrior models. Love the poses you’ve achieved.

Thanks, the Berzerkers took a lot of work, but they were definitely worth the effort.

In other news, the first of my 30k/40k Crossover Dark Angels has been finished:

mc0dJNj.jpg

GGJHAFW.jpg

aveigII.jpg

nAiBNd3.jpg

CQiueJS.jpg

Hexwraith Flame is the best thing GW has ever made, paint-wise.

I started slapping some paint on the Obsidius Mallex-based Chaos Lord conversion:

FtFoGMZ.jpg

Hopefully I'll have him finished by Monday.

Edit: Oof, shakey camera :lol:

Edited by Gederas

'Originally a Breacher Sergeant during the Great Crusade and the fires of the Heresy, Rhaxus Molax was wounded fairly early into the rebellion against the Emperor by Horus, losing his left arm from the bicep-down. It was during the Shadow Crusade that Praetor Khadon Drachstur of the 32nd observed Molax' skill in void warfare. Soon, the Breacher Sergeant became the Shipmaster of Khadon Drachstur's personal vessel, a role he's maintained in the ten-thousand years since. Rarely seen fighting on the ground, Molax is still a terrifying prospect to see leading a battle, as his skill with his thunder hammer was known throughout the Legion during the Crusade and Heresy.'

bSglMkU.jpg

XMZ8Jwj.jpg

wca04T5.jpg

xA0wD11.jpg

WUxwpYE.jpg

Man, this guy was fun to paint. And also the first World Eater in my new recipe (replaced Wazdakka Red with Evil Sunz Scarlet, makes them much more bloody red instead of somewhat pink)

Excellent work on the Shipmaster.

Thanks! He was.... very difficult to make due to all the cutting needed.

The sorcerer is super cool. I would really want to know where is that right hand from.

The claw-ish hand? It's from the Chaos Sorcerer Lord model (the AoS one). This guy:

99070201018_ChaosSorcerorLord01.jpg

I took the right arm, cut it off at the elbow and attached it to a Marine elbow.

In other news, I've started assembling my Shadowspear box. Ho-lee crap does there need to be so many sub-assembly models in this thing

Edited by Gederas