Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

My mistake in assuming a Master of Possessions would serve Lorgar instead of the Night Haunter. (Talos, protagonist of Aaron Dembski-Bowden's novels, loathes Chaos almost as much as he does the Imperium and those who ruke it in the Emperor's name; I shouldn't have assumed other Night Lords shared his opinion.)

More will become obvious about my Night Lords. They may not actively worship Chaos, but they certainly don't scoff at any gifts of it. But they're DEFINITELY far-gone when it comes to how corrupt they are.

Great work on the new Chaos stuff. They came together pretty quickly. The Lord of Possessions looks really good in NL colours too. I'm hoping to see a lot of Vargheist and Varghulf conversions going on there to keep with the cyroteran feel.

Also, Blessed and Possessed, Powerwolf? \m/

Great work on the new Chaos stuff. They came together pretty quickly. The Lord of Possessions looks really good in NL colours too. I'm hoping to see a lot of Vargheist and Varghulf conversions going on there to keep with the cyroteran feel.

Also, Blessed and Possessed, Powerwolf? \m/

Thanks! Seeing a Night Lords Master of Possession in the Shadowspear booklet for the Daemonkin was what made me decide on Night Lords for my Undivided. Because he looks GOOD in their colours.

And funny you mention the Vargheist and Varghulf conversions..... A Start Collecting! Flesh Eater Courts I ordered just came in today. So watch this space :wink:

And yes, Powerwolf indeed:

Edited by Gederas

Nice work in the MoP - he looks good in Nightlord scheme :thumbsup:

Thanks! Seeing the MoP painted up in Night Lords colours in the Shadowspear booklet is what sealed the deal for me. I need more black primer (and a few specific paint colours) to start the rest of the models from Shadowspear. Because sadly, I ran out on primer on the first Obliterator :lol:

He looks appropriately terrifying. Is he from Warhammer Fantasy Battles' Vampire Counts army?

Well, I got the model from the Age of Sigmar Start Collecting! Flesh Eater Courts box, but potato potato, tomato tomato :lol:

Will have the model done tomorrow though.

Pale. Black Eyes. Blood covered. Looks spot on!

Thanks!

Very, very cool. Reminds me of how I pictured the Morlocks from The Time Machine - frightening as :censored::.  :thumbsup:

I was going for something that looks like it hasn't seen the sun in decades. It fits the Night Lords, imo.

And if you both liked that one, I've still got two more to go:

RrWnOyl.jpg

DXrrQWj.jpg

xsVjHgF.jpg

Those new models look great as Nightlords. The flames on the Master of Possession contrast really well with the midnight armor. Spawn are looking appropriately terrifying; hadn't given much thought to their synergy with the new units.

Thanks! I had originally planned on going with the green sorcerous flames, but I'm glad I went with the actual fire instead.

And the Spawn are because the synergize with the Night Lords Legion trait. Plus, they're also really, really cheap units points-wise :lol:

Bat-spawn! That's what I'm talking about!

Back on the Powerwolf stuff, I feel there is a massive well of names you could draw on for this army from song names or lines. For a start, I think your lord HAS to be The Midnight Messiah: Preacher of the Roar :yes:

Eyup. Bat-spawn. And yes, I know. And the Lord's not the Midnight Messiah, that's the Daemon Prince (who the cultists worship) :lol:

Hopefully I don't mess up the skin on the Obliterator TOO much. But the result thus far is looking pretty good actually.

Excellent idea for your Night Lords Chaos Spawn! They look terrifying; much better than the official spawn models.

Thanks! I knew I needed to use something OTHER than the actual Spawn models. I mean, my Night Lords are too far gone to not use Spawn/Daemons, but they have some dignity damn it! :laugh.:

How did you do the skin in the spawn? It looks good :thumbsup:

Are you going for the same time on the Obliterator?

Rakarth Flesh base > All-over layer of Flayed One Flesh > Wash of Reikland Fleshshade > Heavy Drybrush (Almost a wetbrush) of Pallid Wytch Flesh, followed by a highlight of White Scar. The arms were highlighted, then washed with Carrobug Crimson and then the Carrobug areas were covered with Blood for the Blood God.

As to if I'm going for the same on my Obliterator: I was thinking of if, but I decided on a different colour for my Obliterator:

fYDMPXO.jpg

I went with a white base, started with Celestra Grey, then used White Scar [Prolly should have gone with a white base paint but hey] over it, then shaded with Druichii Violet and then a layer of Ulthuan Grey.

Kind of hard to see the Ulthuan grey right now due to the "light skin + dark armour = camera not focusing" issue though :laugh.:

The skintone on my Obliterators is to give a subtle nod to them being Slaanesh-marked for that lovely Endless Cacophony.

Edited by Gederas

Aaaand that's the first of the Shadowspear Obliterators I have finished:

kuRkgNj.jpg

GX9MAxx.jpg

2O7GcKN.jpg

2dGHNZs.jpg

Ya7WnBh.jpg

I'm quite pleased with how it came out. The skin was a major worry because there's just so much.

Might go back and add some more Lightning, but otherwise, I'm happy with the result on this one.

• 2 weeks later...