Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Excellent work on the Chaos Spawn.

Thanks!

Now, the Megaboss isn't the only Orky thing I'm working on. When I was at Michael's today picking up primer, I found two model kits.

A 1:25 '83 Hurst Oldsmobile

Lead.jpg

And, a 1:48 scale BRRRRRRRRRT (A-10 Warthog)

13583_rd.jpg

Now, as to what I'm going to do, the Olds is going to become a Trukk. The Warthog?

EJxq2nY.jpg

0dXxPp7.jpg

It's gonna be a Dakkajet

Turns out, the 1:48 Warthog is actually the same wingspan as the Burna Bommer I have, and slightly longer. But much, much thinner.

Man, it seems my thread is just me posting in it currently :laugh.:

In any case, in my usual hobby butterfly style, I started painting Sanguinius. I've finished his face and wings, and got his body base coated, shaded and first highlight done.

Face:
W1CMSTm.jpg

HMKlwIR.jpg

hHq2tIf.jpg

Yay, it refused to focus when it was face-on :laugh.:. But the thing that amazed me most about this entire model.

He has sculpted eyebrows. EYEBROWS.

Wings:

5Vj1Dct.jpg

4KMzF3c.jpg

And this is what his body looked like before I shaded. Good lord that's shiny

JGQFUXw.jpg

And here's where I finished at today, and you can see the finished-ish base, as I'm going for a dark, daemonic-looking base to contrast with Sanguinius' model.

LyZkhl6.jpg

Edited by Gederas

That's a solid start on Sanguinius, the face and hair are looking really good in particular. What colours are you thinking for the slain daemon?

Thanks. I'm honestly most proud of the face and hair, so I'm glad they look good. I like painting faces, but the normal marine-sized ones are just a tad too small. The Primarchs are perfect size for me.

As to the colours of the daemon, I'm thinking something like the Ruinstorm Brutes that were revealed at Warhammer Fest:

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute3kuyc.jpg

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute2okc.jpg

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute1jjc.jpg

So red into black into red again.

That's a solid start on Sanguinius, the face and hair are looking really good in particular. What colours are you thinking for the slain daemon?

Thanks. I'm honestly most proud of the face and hair, so I'm glad they look good. I like painting faces, but the normal marine-sized ones are just a tad too small. The Primarchs are perfect size for me.

As to the colours of the daemon, I'm thinking something like the Ruinstorm Brutes that were revealed at Warhammer Fest:

Aye, it's a lovely sculpt and the larger scale stops him being over cluttered, I really should pick up a Primarch one day. Those colours will work well next to the gold and white of the Angel.

Aye, it's a lovely sculpt and the larger scale stops him being over cluttered, I really should pick up a Primarch one day. Those colours will work well next to the gold and white of the Angel.

Yeah. I'm definitely thinking of getting another Primarch if they're all this good quality. And yeah, I feel that the colours should contrast from Sanguinius, while also not blending into the dark rock of the base. Hopefully I'll get it right with this :lol:

Primaris Azrael is now completely done, barring his base:
IXvDR8t.jpg

eiGotiO.jpg

3aziCJX.jpg

x8YnlWT.jpg

Additionally, one of my friends did an order with Spellcrow and asked me if I wanted to add in on it. So I got the Not!Dark Angels stuff, along with the bare heads with beards, because they were quite knightly. It ended up allowing me to make 10 Company Veterans out of the one box of Company Vets I got a few weeks back:

NRNj0Q9.jpg

"I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall."

Ezekyle Abaddon, Warmaster of Chaos

qfvtxUD.jpgUKbeE9h.jpglHO4bWp.jpg6LBxMyF.jpgUX0dddY.jpgXmYdgiA.jpg9XEx9oN.jpgGocec4k.jpg

And that's Abaddon done. My friend who I painted this cranky boy for is over the moon when I sent him the pictures.

Edited by Gederas

That time of year again, and this time, I'm doing it smart!

Might as well:

I, Gederas, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete:

• Primaris Lieutenant (Power Sword and Plasma Pistol) - 79
  • 5 Intercessors - 85
  • Tactical squad (Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon) - 167

For a Total Value of 331 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

j2CJSoU.jpg

UuRrevH.jpg

vNS5KOT.jpg

WXWGo5p.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Fixed the Icon on the Chaplain Dreadnought's sarcophagus front:
IZtnEzN.jpg

And another shot of the Inferno Cannon:
O1EW2i0.jpg

Nice work on the Dreadnought Inferno Canon! That's a muzle form the Baal Pred's Flamestorm Canon, right?
What do you have in mind for the DCW?

You would be correct.

As to the weapons, since it can have either Heavy Flamers or Storm Bolters on the DCW arms, my plan is to use the FW Dreadfire arms for the ones with Heavy Flamers, and get a pair of the Blood Angels Dreadnought arms for the Storm Bolter ones.

Because I want my Chaplain Dreadnought to have every weapon option possible, even if I rarely use all of them.

Edited by Gederas

Onwards and upwards!

Well, I just finished my first vow, but I need to wait until tomorrow to take a non-crappy picture of all 16 of them :laugh.:

Also, I have learned my lesson: I'm never painting the bases of marines while they're ON the Sector Imperialis bases. It's really, really annoying. But then again, those Mark III marines were second-hand so I have to make due with what I've got :laugh.:

And to prove I wasn't lying:

Primaris Lieutenant Isiah, Intercessor Squad Vanael and Tactical Squad Uriah
w4n4N5Y.jpg

Now, my next vow:

I, Gederas, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete the 1404 points below on or before Sept 1st, 2019.

• Land Raider Crusader (with Multi-Melta) [Captain before you ask, that model was put in a strip bath, but that's all that came off. I think whoever painted this thing used something good, because the paint that's on there is not coming off :laugh.:]
  • Librarian in Terminator Armour
  • Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armour
  • Deathwing Apothecary
  • Deathwing Champion
  • Deathwing Ancient
  • Relic Deredeo Dreadnought (Hellfire Plasma Cannonade, Aiolos Missile Launcher)
  • Apothecaries x3
  • Techmarine
  • Primaris Intercessors x5 (Bolt Rifle)
  • Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (Dreadnought Inferno Cannon, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Heavy Flamer)

And the images:
ds7j6D3.jpg

xzLSaUu.jpg

YLX7OZf.jpg

c21NAnM.jpg

xSfVsPp.jpg

And more images of the recently completed guys:
FLvojXm.jpg

tyBLPhQ.jpg

0c3vr9A.jpg

jm9DFdT.jpg

Avd0QhP.jpg

V2GO0HD.jpg

qiyJb6f.jpg

MzCP7LD.jpg

Now I need to wait on a Forge World order for the Chaplain Dreadnought's melee weapon.

Oh wow, I forgot to update this thread with the images of the completed Chaplain Dreadnought. Whoops :laugh.:

ohfPFXU.jpg

CVVZCxx.jpg

AYDTKzt.jpg

PyhR2Hs.jpg

I also painted the other melee arm too, planning on painting the other ranged arms too:
E9dLFY4.jpg

Now I've got the rest of the vow to finish.... Once my sliced open thumb heals a bit more :laugh.:

In other news, some things from the Dark Angels Outpost:

In other news: My Kromlech order arrived today. Now I should be able to do Primaris Asmodai on my next vow. Maybe :laugh.:

Asmodai will be rolling over in his grave, and he's not even dead yet.

I'm just future-proofing my Dark Angels. I still have the metal Azrael, Asmodai, Ezekiel and Sammael (and the finecast Belial) and can use them. I just like the scale on Primaris better. Much better proportions and all that.

Also: We all know Asmodai would LOVE the bonuses of being a Primaris, the sadist he is means being stronger and more durable means he could tortu-err, INTERROGATE Fallen for longer, and make it worse. :laugh.:

In other news: My Kromlech order arrived today. Now I should be able to do Primaris Asmodai on my next vow. Maybe :laugh.:

Haven't seen heresy like this since the actual Horus Heresy. 

I've already made Primaris Azrael and Ezekiel, and I'm working on Primaris Belial. Can't stop, won't stop :laugh.:

kpuZz2s.jpg

Quick and rough mock-up. Once I pick up the Asmodai model on Sunday, I'll put the proper head on him, and then resculpt the robes a bit.

Additionally:

I also had a crazy idea due to me remembering I have the model and was intending to use it on my Deathwatch. But since my Deathwatch is a VERY slow-grow, I realized I could utilize the model for ETL VII instead.

I'm going to turn this:

01.jpg

Into this:
99800101107_DABelial01.jpg

Because I can't vow the Belial I already have, since I had almost finished painting him before ETL VII started :laugh.:

d6BUsbn.jpg

Primaris Belial is going to be hell to finish, I can already tell that with how difficult getting the Terminator back plate on Primarneus Calgar's torso was....

Edited by Gederas