Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Excellent work on the Chaplain Dreadnought.

Thanks Bjorn.

Your newest Fallen has quite a terrifying facemask - a true servant of the Dark Gods! :thumbsup:

-sigh- That 'joke' has been overplayed since before I even started doing Dark Angels mate.

Thanks for the compliment in any case.

Really nice job!

Both on the Chaplain Dreadnought (those double CCWs from the Leviathan look intimidating!) and Interrogator Chaplain!

Both scream REDEMPTION!

Thanks! And the Interrogator Chaplain is supposed to be THE Interrogator Chaplain, as it's a Primaris-sized Asmodai.

And those CCWs on him aren't from the Leviathan. Those are the Forge World Dreadfire Dreadnought Close-Combat weapons.

Your newest Fallen has quite a terrifying facemask - a true servant of the Dark Gods! :thumbsup:

-sigh- That 'joke' has been overplayed since before I even started doing Dark Angels mate.

Thanks for the compliment in any case.

The horse being dead is no reason for not flogging it further. :teehee:

I just like what you do here, keep it coming.

• 2 weeks later...

ETL Vow 2 update. Got the Deredeo assembled and based:

ngnHDI5.jpg

I just need to finish the weapons and do the final highlights on the black armour, and then it's done.

Which means, after this one, I'll only need to finish.... 11 models for the vow :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Deredeo is done:
HVuJkN6.jpg

cbhR0mT.jpg

vkOd3P3.jpg

ZeuNSH8.jpg

Missile Launcher is attached via a pin that allows it to swivel freely. Which is cool

3I5UrDO.jpg

Though, I'm thinking of going back and repainting the Missile Launcher to be majority black. It added a bit TOO much bone to the model.

I agree with you about the missile launcher being too much of the bone color. Great job!

Yeah, I'll fix that soon. Maybe just leave the back parts as bone instead.

Excellent work. Are the bone-white missile launcher and left knee meant to ID the Dreadnought as a former Deathwing member?

What the fact that he has the Deathwing symbol on his head and knee don't give it away enough? :lol: Yes, this Deredeo is a member of the Deathwing.

It's been too hot to paint the last few days, so I've been doing some work on prepping parts of my next vow:

zaW0umP.jpg

5GS6grU.jpg

2NZ3Omq.jpg

Eyup. Sammael on Sableclaw.

I decided to see how the Stormcast Eternal bare heads from Forge World worked on Marines. They fit Marine necks PERFECTLY, for the most part. The head used here needed greenstuff in the neck hole due to the beard being as long as the bottom of his neck, so it didn't sit right in the neck joint.

I realized that head was perfect for a biker character, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and put it on Sableclaw's gunner. Looking at it now though, I think these heads might fit Primaris a bit better. But the scale isn't too off to work on regular Marines.

So, one of the people at my local GW had a singular Custodes Dawneagle Jetbike, so I'm in the process of kitbashing that to make the "Primaris Sammael" conversion I wasn't planning on doing, but now can do.

This is what it looks like presently, and will likely remain as such until I order the Finecast Sammael

ivuakTV.jpg

While slow, my forge remains active and chugging along.

Intercessor Squad Josiah done, barring company markings (because I'm unsure what company to make them):

JgaG3Ql.jpg

Details on Josiah:
flWGep5.jpg

Fi6UiQ2.jpg

Additionally, I've made another Lieutenant/Brother for my 'True Scale' Deathwatch Kill-Team:
9xVJQsN.jpg

JZ6EaXU.jpg

fbaSFwd.jpg

ZperXED.jpg

That makes the Kill-Team eight strong currently, with 7 Marines and the Captain.

And this lad I'll have to speed-paint by midnight tomorrow :lol:

Xcfi1aE.jpg

That's gonna be fun....

Edited by Gederas

Is the resin body for your new LT from GW or a 3rd party? I don't recognize it. 

It's one of the Kromlech "Prime Legionnaires Robed" bodies. I quite like them as the casts and resin are definitely Forge World quality

• 2 weeks later...

I give you, Rubicon Primaris Sammael:

sWlY5Tg.jpg

8bNifsd.jpg

DiDGpPq.jpg

EGnB16A.jpg

I was originally planning to use both of Sammael's shoulders, but I accidentally blew out the center of the right one when using the dremel to carve out the solid resin to allow it to sit on the Primaris marine arm. >.> So I needed to replace it.

Bought a box of the new Havocs for my World Eaters, yesterday and entered Everchosen.

My Maulerfiend won third in the Open category, and that was only because I entered late. Apparently I would have probably gotten second, maybe first, if I entered it when I entered my other Everchosen entry. Ah well

67461176_1223670171128071_36363718955253

My Everchosen entry didn't place in the top 3.

Edited by Gederas

Proof of concept for my World Eaters Terminators using the new kit, and the FW upgrades.

WcWuKGm.jpg

I like the result. It takes a bit of milliput to get the FW Torsos to sit right on the new GW legs (if only because the Torso and Legs on the new ones are one piece), but that isn't too difficult.

Do I want to do several squads of this? Yes. Yes I do :lol:

That one looks pretty nice to me. Intimidating fella ☠️.

Thanks! The other four should be finished (as in, having their chainaxes) by next Tuesday/Wednesday.

Since that picture was taken, he's gotten a set of trophy racks. Annoyingly, the FW World Eaters terminator 'bunny ears' often interferes with the new trophy racks with how far forward some of the spikes go. Ah well :lol:

Good to hear that they still work, I was worried that the fw pieces would be too small. Looks great!

It looks like they're only marginally smaller, to the point where I think it's just that the torsos are thinner, but nothing else :lol:

But thank you!

Had a minor distraction from the ETL while I waited for paint to dry last night. My World Eaters will be receiving their first Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought:
WoUHgBc.jpg

Dual Chainclaws and Soulburners, because this model is for the Zone Mortalis 1k Point narrative campaign I'm currently in.

Still need to do some gap-filling and also some work on the left arm, but.... Coming along nicely.