Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Oh wow that looks like a really neat model, can't wait to see more of it!

It was an interesting one to assemble. Hopefully I can get some paint on it soon, but the weather's been a pain in the rear and not letting me prime any models because it's been raining near-constantly for the past couple weeks...

In other news, I realized I had 9 extras of the melee Marines from Shadowspear, along with one extra from the Chaos Marine box I bought.

So I now have 10 Berzerkers for my Night Lords:
jtX29Fe.jpg

The Chainaxes for them were ordered yesterday, so I should be able to prime these lads by Wednesday.

Nurgle and Tzeentch Sorcerer for my Night Lords finally done!

ZmRx6wE.jpg

UsY6Rpr.jpg

Z33UOkg.jpg
LPNZ9N6.jpg

CetD3qO.jpg

iG7WUiU.jpg

mLEH1Cg.jpg

iBR4Nwf.jpg

OTHdIay.jpg

Right on looking forward to seeing them painted!

They'll be painted soon...ish :lol: I did get my Forge World Phobos Chainaxe set.... which only had four right-handed chainaxes, which made me have to put in more effort with the Berzerkers :lol:

Nice work on the socerers! Hope to see a few pics with them on the zone mortalis set. :wink:

Thanks!

Though, the full Zone Mortalis set won't be until next month at the least.

In other news, my allergies-fueled delirium at work gave me an idea, that I need to do now. I'll explain later once I get the test model done

That looks super cool!

Thanks!

Wow, that Lord is brutal, a real demonic terror. A combination of Greater Possessed and Warp Talon parts, right?

Thanks! And yup! Warp Talons head and arms, Greater Possessed backpack and body, with some wings from the AoS Crypt Flayers kit.

I think I'm onto something for my Night Lords Berzerkers:
SMGMNHl.jpg

Because I don't like those old, goofy looking helmets at all for my Chaos Marines..... But..... On Night Lords Berzerkers.... It gives them the silhouette of the Khorne Berzerker's caedere remissum helmets.

I do love the poses man - lots of attitude there (you could add some hobby chains wrapped on their wrist for some extra flavor! Just an idea). Regarding the helmets, I am torn. I do understand the feel you are aiming for, but they are just... ugh. The one at the far right is not that bad, actually, is just that the faceplate is not the best (to put it lightly). However, maybe you can fix that with some really cool looking terror marks! Moreover, I know that you are skilled when it comes to modelling, so you can actually fix their faceplates so they don't look that derpy, maybe a vampire (the animal) nose for the one from the right? Along with some fangs, which could go nicely with the "Khorne > seeker of blood" theme.

Alternatively, the Grave Guard kit is a nice resource, as any fellow Night Lord knows (and I am sure you do):

gallery_186987_15996_61483.jpeg

Keep it up!

Ave Dominus Nox!

Edited by Umbra Lynx

Really liking these NL bez helmets, really give them the right feel

Yeah, that's why I thought they'd fit. And after looking at it.... They do.

I do love the poses man - lots of attitude there (you could add some hobby chains wrapped on their wrist for some extra flavor! Just an idea). Regarding the helmets, I am torn. I do understand the feel you are aiming for, but they are just... ugh. The one at the far right is not that bad, actually, is just that the faceplate is not the best (to put it lightly). However, maybe you can fix that with some really cool looking terror marks! Moreover, I know that you are skilled when it comes to modelling, so you can actually fix their faceplates so they don't look that derpy, maybe a vampire (the animal) nose for the one from the right? Along with some fangs, which could go nicely with the "Khorne > seeker of blood" theme.

Alternatively, the Grave Guard kit is a nice resource, as any fellow Night Lord knows (and I am sure you do):

gallery_186987_15996_61483.jpeg

Keep it up!

Ave Dominus Nox!

Thanks! As to the helmets.... yeah, some of them are really, really bad :lol:. I've got a bunch of the heads extra, so I could try something like that idea you put forward, maybe using the spare heads I have from the Chaos Marines kits I have.

They look pretty cool. Classic Nightlords

Thanks!

In other news, got 20 of my Iron Warriors marines basecoated and washed for their armour:

2ZL3F1t.jpg

And I ended up skipping ahead with Dreygur, and he's almost done now:

ig2qqlI.jpg

ZPxqwUs.jpg

IOXOiR5.jpg

Just need to finish his pistol, then do the final highlights. And then figure out how to do his base....

So, last night my local Warhammer store had it's Christmas Party/Secret Santa. I got something fun:
PshAgVd.jpg

(several edits later.... The image kept ending up upside-down....)

Also, I had my first game with my Night Lords today..... and my first game with a 100% painted army on the table.

9ae9BUV.jpg

That was the best feeling :biggrin.:

I lost, but that's because I had a VERY terrible list (5 Command points in total V a Double Battalion of T'au.... :laugh.:)

And thirdly:
bKNWZOY.jpg

Yup. The old Night Lords heads actually look pretty good for Night Lord Berzerkers!

Edited by Gederas