Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

You know what I don't look forward to?

Painting another two of these damned things. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make a model that's 70% trim?
zIWN8QJ.jpg

bHmlUsg.jpg

Thankfully, progress is going along great on my Heldrake. The OSL is done, head is attached and the Lightning on the body is getting blocked out. Also in the second picture you can see the way I've got to secure the wings now, as I've modified this Heldrake to look more like a small fighter jet.

The best jump packs ever. How are you gonna duplicate them? 

Simple: Gonna mold and cast them :laugh.:

Fair enough. :biggrin.: I was curious because after one of my gaming buddies did a few casts I'm looking into doing it myself with blue stuff moulds. 

See, I was thinking of that, but I've heard Blue Stuff moulds are a bit of an issue when it comes to making really good casts. I'll post results once I'm able to actually..... Make them :laugh.:

Edit: Finished the Heldrake:
LAZfrzM.jpg

AaIkpyn.jpg

RxHVuUG.jpg

Also really proud of the base:

do42Y0Y.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Got some Warp Talons nearly done today:
pbU0dtu.jpg

Sadly, I can't fully finish them until after GW opens back up.... Because they re-routed both of my orders back to Memphis because of the shutdown of their stores until April 14th at the earliest :down:.

So this is how finished these five will be until April 22nd at the earliest....

I heard you, and here's a comment to keep this thread going. 

If we want this to be a forum we should invest in discours, people! 

I'm liking the Jet-drake - smart move getting rig of the neck - and that base is gorgous. Keep up the good work!

Hear hear! :P

And thank you! I was more proud of the base than the model itself, who would have thought.... :lol:

In other news, two 5-man Cataphractii squads are now done for my Dark Angels:

ct0bhbe.jpg

Love those miniatrues adn the paintwork you did on them, buddy! 

They're not done, though, are they? I see some very bare bases.... :tongue.:

Can't base them because I dont have any more Sector Imperialis 40mm bases, and GW isn't open for another week at the earliest. :P

I agree that Cataphractii turned out really good - 1st Legion colour scheme is really works for them. It's simple, but it makes them look huge and menacing. I'm missing a bit of  individuality among the models as would befit the users of Catphractii suits, but the unit feel is definitely there. Good job!

Those are nice Cataphractii and you've made the shoulder pads work. I agree with Frater Majkhel about the lack of individuality, maybe some heraldry on the kneepads would add more character to the individuals. As it is, they are a gorgeous unit! 

Those Cataphractii look awesome. The Dark Angels Heresy scheme is so crisp and sleek. They're definitely one of the top ones I'm thinking about if I get into HH.

Thanks! Cataphractii is honestly my favorite of the three Marine terminator armour marks.

I agree that Cataphractii turned out really good - 1st Legion colour scheme is really works for them. It's simple, but it makes them look huge and menacing. I'm missing a bit of  individuality among the models as would befit the users of Catphractii suits, but the unit feel is definitely there. Good job!

Thanks! And yeah, they need some more individuality touches, but I'm gonna wait until I have more done.

Those are nice Cataphractii and you've made the shoulder pads work. I agree with Frater Majkhel about the lack of individuality, maybe some heraldry on the kneepads would add more character to the individuals. As it is, they are a gorgeous unit! 

Thanks! I'll be adding heraldry once book 9 comes out, so I can reference it to make sure my heraldry isn't incorrect :lol:

In other news, I've gotten some priming done because hey, we've finally had decent weather over here in "the most spastic weather in the United States (and possibly the world?)" New England :lol:

8QLUeKD.jpg

rTyyseR.jpg

What you see in the first picture is all of my Ravenwing, barring two Attack Bikes, Ravenwing Apothecary, Librarian on Bike, Ravenwing Ancient, Interrogator-Chaplain on Bike, Dark Shroud, Talonmaster and Dark Talon. So in that box in total that's: 21 Ravenwing Bikers, 6 Black Knights, a Land Speeder, Ravenwing Champion and Sammael on Sableclaw

The second is 10 more Hellblasters. The other 10 have to wait until I get more shoulder pads to prime them.

Looking forward to seeing the Ravenwing with paint on them!!

How about the Grandmaster of the Ravenwing (and co-pilot)?

I've gotten Sammael and his co-pilot (hereby named Rhamiel) nearly done:

NOtp2BN.jpg

Just have to do some highlighting on some areas, as well as finish the book and assault cannon sponsons. The twin heavy bolter is off-picture currently drying from a wash.

The Dark Angels and their ride are well-painted. Hope to see the completed model soon.

Thanks! I'll have it finished by tonight after I get home from work.

I never knew Rhamiel had such fabulous hair! :biggrin.:

Cool mini, cool paint job!

I mean, have you seen the Lion's gorgeous mane? Only Sanguinius has better hair than him :lol:

Sammael and Rhamiel look cracking, the latter in particular has a really characterful head. Nice choice to use the Javelin as a base model.

Thanks! I saw that head in the Stormcast Eternals set and knew it needed to be on a biker character. Decided it'd be perfect on Sammael's gunner on Sableclaw.

In other news, barring the book and some detail work, Sammael on Sableclaw is completed:

Fo4No3c.jpg

Q9aHi16.jpg

ZatL1kP.jpg

BpdaBkk.jpg

Very good! I'm surprised the gunner isn't wearing the white robes that ID Dark Angels Inner Circle members, though; considering he'll likely be VERY CLOSE to Sammael when the latter sees/hear something that should be kept secret from all outside the Inner Circle, he should be someone who can be trusted to keep his mouth shut. (Killing your own men to keep a secret is a VERY STUPID thing to do, as the most likely beneficiary of this habit will be your enemies.)

Very good! I'm surprised the gunner isn't wearing the white robes that ID Dark Angels Inner Circle members, though; considering he'll likely be VERY CLOSE to Sammael when the latter sees/hear something that should be kept secret from all outside the Inner Circle, he should be someone who can be trusted to keep his mouth shut. (Killing your own men to keep a secret is a VERY STUPID thing to do, as the most likely beneficiary of this habit will be your enemies.)

Ravenwing Black Knights, outside of the Huntmaster, don't wear robes, jussayin